Anyone else skipping Essence League?

"
viperesque wrote:
Honestly, for me the league gimmick is way less important than just having the enforced fresh start. Playing in Standard (other than for testing purposes) is completely unfulfilling because I have everything I could ever want already. So meh, leagues regardless.

The "gimmick" of the challenge league is the core reason to be willing to start at zero. Perandus League was all about Santa Claus Cadiro and his bag of great gear that we either sold or are now happily using on a Standard league build. Having started in Closed Beta the excitement of starting from scratch is long gone and now only the gimmick of the challenge league is of interest. If the challenge league gimmick isn't fun then I might as well start a new build in Standard and take advantage of all my leveling unique gear to rush to maps.

I just saw the Guardian of the Minotaur boss battle in the IGN preview and if that is an Essence challenge league only boss then that's another reason to play it. Looks like a little of the flavor of Titans Quest Immortal Throne mythology is leaking into PoE.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:
Most people will probably use the essences as controlled regal as you can use them to upgrade a magic item to rare.

sadly i dont think they work this way, if they did i would be more excited for the league. Perhaps we should suggest this before it kicks off? It only says upgrades a normal to a rare or reforges a rare, doesnt say it will work at all on a magic item.

It is a good idea, but probably too powerful. 1/2 of the mods could be controlled. I suppose there is still RNG to bite you but 1/2 isn't as bad as 5/6 things out of your control.
"
Demonoz wrote:

IDK for me ive been playing Leagues now so long that like you ive pretty much got EVERYTHING i could ever need to realize all the builds ive got in mind so i think this might be the league i take a break from the fresh start and go back and do some crazy stuff with all the things ive acquired in these past leagues.

Ive been waiting for a league that doesn't have so much i feel like im really missing out on too much to not play it. This one since its all about crafting and im not too much into crafting gear personally seems like the perfect opportunity to enjoy all that stuff i have put back.

Couldn't have said it better myself! :)
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Dunno enough about it yet to decide. I'll go with "probably skipping it".
I like starting with nothing. Also we'll see how rare those essences are.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
As a few others have already stated, I've been waiting for a league like this which I can happily ignore and instead focus on my Standard characters.

I'm so over leveling masters yet again as well as traipsing through Act 4 two and a half more times (I really do still loath it).

I've got numerous old characters that are all out of date and are currently unplayable, so a free respec, access to some pretty cool gear, and the changes to the mapping system are a good combination.

I'm predominantly a solo player and I'm optimistic that I'll actually greatly enjoy the next few months with PoE :)
I view this league as Atlas of Worlds rather then Essence. I'm more interested in if this new system will create a more engaging and better endgame experience. The rare items are just icing on the cake.

I am torn between doing the SMART thing, and staying in Standard to do what I want and finish all my half done builds, altaholic that I am....

And playing Essence, JUST to get one top Ilvl ES base, and spam Essences to try and get a Mirror Worthy 15% of Phys taken as Cold CI chest piece. Make myself the monies.

- Sheepster
A semi-legitimate reason to start a new character and try something different from a fresh start?
Sign me up!
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
Arrowneous wrote:
I just saw the Guardian of the Minotaur boss battle in the IGN preview and if that is an Essence challenge league only boss then that's another reason to play it. Looks like a little of the flavor of Titans Quest Immortal Throne mythology is leaking into PoE.

Nope the new bosses are part of the new map system and will be part of the core game.

Only the essences, and trapped monsters are essense league only.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info