Anyone else skipping Essence League?

At first I was hyped for the rare mods, but after seeing that Essences are basically the same thing as Chaos orbs it killed it for me. Too much RNG and this will require level 8 Haku/Tora FOR SURE. *sigh* Once again, only the people that have many mirrors and exalts will be having these items with decent rolls and participating in crafting.

Why is there nothing to do to an item past Regal? Hit 3 godly mods with a Regal but missing the primary scaler like flat physical/energy shield - your item is worthless. The risk isn't worth the Exalt RIP. There needs to be a method of getting 4 mods without Exalting; I feel like that is the appropriate point where you can weigh the risk of an Exalt properly.

Basically, this is why I will be in standard this league. Where I stand a chance of actually using a new base type (dirt cheap chaos to spam) and can get right to the new endgame content with face crushing 90+ characters. It will take some serious micros that trump Perandus Portal to get me to play Warbands 2.0
Last edited by Eldritch on Aug 12, 2016, 6:49:34 PM
Last bumped on Aug 27, 2016, 6:57:46 PM
Honestly, for me the league gimmick is way less important than just having the enforced fresh start. Playing in Standard (other than for testing purposes) is completely unfulfilling because I have everything I could ever want already. So meh, leagues regardless.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
I'm sure the challenges will be worth it. The challenges since talisman have been worth it.
I plan on playing standard this league

Ive actually been hoping for a less than awesome league so i can finally play with all the
stuff i have hoarded and maybe get an uber atziri character and have enough maps to finally play in teir 15 maps.

and all the new stuff with the expac is gonna be end game map stuff.

I'm actually excited to play standard!
IGN- Shaeyaena
Did you watch the video explaining it?
Most people will probably use the essences as controlled regal as you can use them to upgrade a magic item to rare.
If we can capture pod people and drain their essence to keep us young forever then it will be worth having to start at zero gear. Crossing Skek tech with Wraeclast tech is a huge stretch of our imaginations and I'm probably one of the few Ancients still around to even know what Essence of Pod People is. Then next GGG can give us a Fizzgig type of pet (almost all mouth and bark) to travel with us. I sure could use a Landstrider to fast travel the zones/maps.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
viperesque wrote:
Honestly, for me the league gimmick is way less important than just having the enforced fresh start. Playing in Standard (other than for testing purposes) is completely unfulfilling because I have everything I could ever want already. So meh, leagues regardless.

IDK for me ive been playing Leagues now so long that like you ive pretty much got EVERYTHING i could ever need to realize all the builds ive got in mind so i think this might be the league i take a break from the fresh start and go back and do some crazy stuff with all the things ive acquired in these past leagues.

Ive been waiting for a league that doesn't have so much i feel like im really missing out on too much to not play it. This one since its all about crafting and im not too much into crafting gear personally seems like the perfect opportunity to enjoy all that stuff i have put back.

Strokes for folks i know but for me ill still get to enjoy the new endgame stuff which was what im most excited for anyway so it seems perfect for me to take a break from the fresh start and go perfect some of my old builds and make a few new ones to perfect for a couple months. \m/

Edit: not to mention my Standard Stash is getting a bit out of control... it NEEDS some attention for sure.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Aug 12, 2016, 7:15:30 PM
"
IceDeal wrote:
Most people will probably use the essences as controlled regal as you can use them to upgrade a magic item to rare.

The revealed essences only apply to white/rares though?
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 12, 2016, 7:25:28 PM
"
IceDeal wrote:

sadly i dont think they work this way, if they did i would be more excited for the league. Perhaps we should suggest this before it kicks off? It only says upgrades a normal to a rare or reforges a rare, doesnt say it will work at all on a magic item.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info