Anyone else skipping Essence League?

"
Eldritch wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:
Most people will probably use the essences as controlled regal as you can use them to upgrade a magic item to rare.

sadly i dont think they work this way, if they did i would be more excited for the league. Perhaps we should suggest this before it kicks off? It only says upgrades a normal to a rare or reforges a rare, doesnt say it will work at all on a magic item.

It is a good idea, but probably too powerful. 1/2 of the mods could be controlled. I suppose there is still RNG to bite you but 1/2 isn't as bad as 5/6 things out of your control.

well, controlled at a huge expense of alts and rng, so youre probably spending 1000+ alts and then hitting it with this to get 3 good mods and then the rest is random, the chance of it spawning 3 good random mods is so low that even with this method youre going to have to repeat it dozens of times, and pay that alt cost every time. The best you can probably hope for is to hit the last good prefix on the random and have a spare suffix at which point youll need like 10-100 exalts to strip and recraft the resists or whatever it is ur going for.

Given the current crafting ya thats probably been classed as too powerful because a player who spends 50 hours a week grinding for 2 months of the league has a decent chance at making 1 or 2 items they would actually use in a proper endgame build with that method. So powerful that normal players might actually attempt to craft something beyond alching a random base, chaosing it 5 times, vendoring it and then hating themselves and the game.

When they said crafting league they mean the league drops crafting mats, they didnt mean the players who dont rmt could actually craft something worth their time. Does that sound about right? If so I get the sad feeling its the way of things too tbh.

I use temporary leagues more for the fresh start than anything. I have no desire to play on a league where I have everything imaginable already.

Also, since it is releasing in tandem with an expansion; the less than interesting league mechanics aren't the worst.

GGG aren't going to trick me into crafting. I've fallen for this trap before.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Aug 12, 2016, 10:58:40 PM
Definitely not skipping. The gear you're going to be able to make will be insane tbh. They say you get an essence on average 1-2 per zone. The essences are essentially chaos orbs that guarantee a good roll when chaosed. Think about chaos spamming a vaal regalia with the 145-152 or w/e flat es on it being 100% chance of having it. Also think about having a shit load of them. 'Crafting' aka "yolo chaos spamming' is going to be insane for gear during this league.
Last edited by Adam320 on Aug 12, 2016, 11:09:06 PM
They'd have to take ascendancy points out of the lab for me to play again in another fresh league.
The game has lost its fun, dealing with scummy+afk traders , the lab, divination card drop rates are terrible and frustrating, tired of chaos recipe grind to make currency to buy things because nice gear never drops self found, tired of grinding up alts through the parts of the game I don't like to get to the parts I do like just isn't worth it.

The ratio of how much fun I have versus the tedious grindy+hate parts of the game just sucks now.

I'll still keep an eye on the game, but i'm done spending more money on poe, the design and 'balance' of poe is not really going in a direction I like, so yeah, skipping AoW based on what i've seen so far.
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
Last edited by Ruby_Lux on Aug 12, 2016, 11:35:47 PM
"
Adam320 wrote:
Definitely not skipping. The gear you're going to be able to make will be insane tbh. They say you get an essence on average 1-2 per zone. The essences are essentially chaos orbs that guarantee a good roll when chaosed. Think about chaos spamming a vaal regalia with the 145-152 or w/e flat es on it being 100% chance of having it. Also think about having a shit load of them. 'Crafting' aka "yolo chaos spamming' is going to be insane for gear during this league.

yeah but if a lot of those are low level ones then you use 3 to make a lvl2, 9 to make a lvl3, 27 to make a lvl4, 81 to make a lvl5.... so to go up 4 levels youre already using 81 to make 1 'chaos' effectively.

We will have to see what kind of levels drop, how many of the really good ones we will be able to get together in a realistic time frame.
I predict chaos orbs will become worthless in new league, don't mind it, but they will become obsolete with new mechanics.
Spreading salt since 2006
I am not sure. It depends on the challenges and league specific Uniques i think.

I am not into crafting that much and rerolling rares will only result in a big pile of trash.

And I have a WI Witch from Perandus in Standard that seems to be very powerfull for High Level Bosses and only Level 75 so I would love to try the Atlas of Worlds with her.
Last edited by Slowdice2 on Aug 17, 2016, 5:57:15 AM
"
viperesque wrote:
Honestly, for me the league gimmick is way less important than just having the enforced fresh start. Playing in Standard (other than for testing purposes) is completely unfulfilling because I have everything I could ever want already. So meh, leagues regardless.

lucky u for having it all lel xD some people like me still need to do the leagues to make some extra exalted if lucky... after 2k+ hours of poe i still don't got enough to even buy a hh or anything in that range :')
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
as someone already mentioned the essence will fill a /prefix/suffix slot so gettng the most out of this league is having lvl 8 masters

this league is a real fuck you casual go home league

essences have tiers like talisman ( if its true it takes alot of them to reach the highest tier)
how many of you really craft ?
how many of the working ppl reach lvl 8 master ?
how many of you ever dropped a red map ?

you see where this is going

this is a 1% population update
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
I will be playing this ladder for sure , since i skiped the last ladder dew to work. Unless i get screwed over by work again it will be no-life mode for 3 weeks !!!!
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info