Patch 2.3.3

amazing work, thanks ggg!

much smoother display when many mosters are around on my i7/gtx780 system.

would buy an supporter pack as a thank you if i didn't do that already ;)

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
8 crashes, various area's. Mao Kun, Shipyard, Dried Lake etc.
Every time its mid mob.
Still, life is a work in progress so... ill just safe area it today
"
420Hussar wrote:
Every time its mid mob.

Same very random and mid mob. When I log back in the instance is no longer there. I am not running the new frame beta stuff.
Specs again: Windows 7 with an A10-5800k

I posted earlier about the terrible performance I was getting with constant skips and spikes. I just had a chance to do more testing.

"--experimental-frame-optimizations" - Consistently terrible performance. The only time I remember performance being great when I used this earlier was in a Zana Canyon, and I'm now wondering if the setting got disabled in that map. It was terrible before the map and went back to being terrible after, but without an indicator that the setting's working I have no way of knowing.

"--experimental-frame-optimizations --noasync" I had great performance and a steady frame rate with no crazy drops.

"--noasync" I've never tried this before today since I had no issues with asynchronous loading. I couldn't see a noticeable difference between noasync by itself, noasync with the experimental change, and playing regularly with no settings at all. That's not to say there wasn't a difference, just that there wasn't one I could personally see.

I also mentioned in my previous post that my FPS dropped to 0 occasionally on just about every map with this build. It didn't go below 13 or so in my testing even with the vanilla settings (barring the experimental setting alone which was consistently awful), and that was only a couple of times in the worst of situations. It normally stayed between 20 and 40.

I love the nearly instant loading times I get with asynchronous loading, but it apparently poops all over my performance when using the new experimental settings. Hopefully you can get them to play nice before the official release.
Last edited by Jennik on Aug 3, 2016, 9:03:31 PM
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel i3 6300 2 core
GTX 750 Ti
16GB RAM DDR4
SSD

--experimental-frame-optimizations -> surprisingly facing some stuttering in maps and even in hideout but I can feel that it is smoother when in combat. I face the same stuttering without the option anyways just it is more pronounced now.
how can i access this? Path of Exile command line
"
420Hussar wrote:
Every time its mid mob.

Yep, same here im crashing like crazy too in maps with this patch...
Pretty good improvement, no more large framerate drops with my burning arrow witch.

Specs
i7 4790k 4.7Ghz @ 1.23v
GTX 1070 Sea Hawk
16GB 2400MHz ram

Game had huge freezes and stutters on my hard drive, had to move it to my ssd.
Last edited by EvilWiffles on Aug 4, 2016, 12:16:09 AM
Yup confirm the stuttering is cause by asynchronous loading. Noasync with experimental optimizations is smooth as butter.
Came back for this, more crashes than usual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info