Patch 2.3.3

"
markww wrote:
b) "If you have a great graphics card and a shitty CPU, this will likely not help you."
d) "If you have a shitty graphics card and a great CPU, this will likely not help you."
e) "If you have a great graphics card and a great CPU, this will likely help you."
h) "If you have a shitty graphics card and a shitty CPU, this will likely not help you."

Basically this is an upgrade for anyone with decent hardware. If you have either a bad CPU or GPU it will be of no help

Thank you.
Necropolis: 96
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
It would be nice if you could tell ingame if the mode is even active or not! That is important, because i'm not sure i did it right on the steam version of PoE. So i'm not sure if the improvements i get are general performance improvements of the patch (especially loading seems a lot faster and A LOT smoother (i usually had to run at least one dried lake before the game stopped stuttering like crazy)) or a result of running the beta mode.
Should "--experimental-frame-optimizations" be put with quotation mark or not?
or just --experimental-frame-optimizations next to mine POE command line.
"
How do I add ""--experimental-frame-optimizations"" ?? TY

rightclick your icon,select properties and paste it after the

"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\xxx.exe" --experimental-frame-optimizations

like that
-Something in the way
I just added the command line and started the game. looks like always ;)

How can I PROOF the new "feature" is active? sth. that i can type in to check it launched correctly?
I'd like to post my results.

I'm running 200mbps download and 150 upload.

Prior to testing this file extension my latency would jump to 150ms spikes during large fights and my frames would collapse into double digits.

Post this fix, my ping has stayed in the 20ms range no matter how big the pack. My FPS also stays very steady.

Havnt experienced a single crash.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Anyone experiencing issues setting this up, this post made it a breeze.

"
drachonius wrote:

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/pin-shortcuts-parameters-taskbar-or-start-menu
IGN: VeeZee
Last edited by VzwsoN on Aug 4, 2016, 12:22:27 PM
For people adding the prompt to the command line in the stand alone client, don't forget to add a space before you paste it. It won't accept it if you just paste it right after.

Before the optimization i was getting 50-60 fps with drops down to 20 in a party with hardcore lag builds. My latency was around 100~

With the optimization I'm getting 333 fps in town and a latency of 23-30
The lowest fps I've seen so far was 110

I'm loving this.

My Setup:

GTX970
I7-3770k
IGN: FlyByFlicker
"
ChanBalam wrote:
How does one know if their processor can handle multi threading?

If it says: dual-core or quad core, then it can handle multithreading. It is also possible to split one core into two threads in which case it is possible to handle multi threading with a single core but I don't know if that is common or not.
"
gosubär wrote:
Alright, I just updated and added "--experimental-frame-optimizations" to my launching options...HOLY FUCK that's a huge improvement! I just remember playing my latest character (LL BV) before the patch and it felt so...clunky?! Like I had those damn laggs/spikes whatever and tbh I was about to just sell all my gear to reroll.

BUT now, everything changed (atleast for me). I just hopped in a map and DAMN it's so damn smooth now, even whirl blading around feels soo good! FeelsGoodMan

I dont know if I'm allowed to say this but...now this feels like putting the dick into a nice, wet Vagina instead of a tight and dry one.

My PC (if anyone is curious):

AMD FX-6300
AMD R270X
Windows 10 64bit
crappy HDD LUL

THANKS GGG now I will even buy some nice BV MTX x333

Yes, we are some sick m****ers and GGG brought the lube!
In merc Dried Lake and a couple of low lev maps, it looks like an improvement so far but I haven't really tested it on big pack sizes.

However, today's A2TMP Piety Kill was horrible. A lot of areas (Barracks, Northern Forest, Crossroads, ...) got my FPS cut in half, and as soon as a ranged mob with multiple projectiles (every ranged monster I believe had this mod) got huge framerates drops too. Combine the two and you got a great enjoyable race.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info