Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

"
Turtledove wrote:
Pyrokar, when you run into statements like, "You're the only HC player that complains about traps", I think it means that it is best to redouble your efforts not to respond.

You are right of course. One last thing in hope he gets it.

The last spot you mentioned is where the trap continues and it would be hard to get there and then decide to turn back. If i reach that spot i absolutely have to proceed. Turning back would be a death sentence since the sentries and the spikes would be back up. So it's a run and pray not to die scenario, since i can't possibly know what's ahead. It's unacceptable design for hardcore.

I fought Uber izzaro today and merc malachai yesterday. Not once did my life drop below 4k in both fights. If i turned back once i reached that spot you mentioned, i would be destroyed by a sentry and a spike trap in less than 2 seconds.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Jul 26, 2016, 1:08:33 PM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
Pyrokar, when you run into statements like, "You're the only HC player that complains about traps", I think it means that it is best to redouble your efforts not to respond.

You are right of course. One last thing in hope he gets it.

The last spot you mentioned is where the trap continues and it would be hard to get there and then decide to turn back. If i reach that spot i absolutely have to proceed. Turning back would be a death sentence since the sentries and the spikes would be back up. So it's a run and pray not to die scenario, since i can't possibly know what's ahead. It's unacceptable design for hardcore.

I fought Uber izzaro today and merc malachai yesterday. Not once did my life drop below 4k in both fights. If i turned back once i reached that spot you mentioned, i would be destroyed by a sentry and a spike trap in less than 2 seconds.

So your assuming you would be destroyed because you didn't die?

I mean I can't argue reasonably if you aren't in a position that your argument is reasonable.

Considering the roombas move, you can move to one side or the other and take as little damage as possible and heal thru it, just like meat tenderizers, don't move with the roombas, thats how you die to traps (or so I'm told)

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Pyrokar wrote:

Confirmed non-pro mario player! True pro mario players know there is only one direction, forward! :P
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:

Confirmed non-pro mario player! True pro mario players know there is only one direction, forward! :P

Actually that was what Pyrokar was saying! True pro Mario Player confirmed! :-D
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
No, you can go backwards in a mario game :P

Anyway, you just said that i should tank unavoidable damage in order to scout ahead goetzjam, well done.

So the conclusion is:

1) Traps aren't completely avoidable.
2) They are badly designed for hardcore.

I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Jul 26, 2016, 1:27:58 PM
"
Pyrokar wrote:

Anyway, you just said that i should tank unavoidable damage in order to scout ahead goetzjam, well done.

So the conclusion is:

Yes, and I was arguing that do to the lack of any balance in attributes needed for traps (life regen helps a lot, movement skills help some, and most other attributes are almost irrelevant) they are badly designed in general. But now I remember they are just plan stupid because they are boring, irritating, tedious, and not fun for many people. Which is really a more important problem. :-)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jul 26, 2016, 1:33:06 PM
"
Pyrokar wrote:

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Semi-pro mario player? :P
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Pyrokar wrote:

So the conclusion is:

Traps are completely avoidable, the one path where the roomba hits takes time for it to get there and leave, in that time you should be able to use your quick planning skills and navigate the next step.

They are designed for hardcore first and foremost because the lab is meant to be done in 1 fell swoop, the same issues about death ending the run in hardcore apply to softcore as well, it just doesn't result in the death of your actual character.

You should tank the damage because YOU failed to plan or assess the situation quickly, the scenario is 100% possible without taking damage.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:

You should tank the damage because YOU failed to plan or assess the situation quickly, the scenario is 100% possible without taking damage.

Not to stir the kettle, but has this been confirmed by GGG.

My assumption is that you are assuming all traps follow a pattern in tandem that allows a "perfect route" to be accomplished.

However, let's imagine the random generator puts two trap fields instantly next to one another, independently they allow a "perfect route" scenario. But when put next to another, the cross-over between two fields might create a flaw in the "perfect route" making it impossible as a whole.

This is not unthinkable given how lay-outs are made.

So i will ask again, is there a GGG confirmation anywhere that all trap lay-outs have a "perfect-route" available to them?

Both independently and when combined.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Not to stir the kettle, but has this been confirmed by GGG.

My assumption is that you are assuming all traps follow a pattern in tandem that allows a "perfect route" to be accomplished.

However, let's imagine the random generator puts two trap fields instantly next to one another, independently they allow a "perfect route" scenario. But when put next to another, the cross-over between two fields might create a flaw in the "perfect route" making it impossible as a whole.

This is not unthinkable given how lay-outs are made.

So i will ask again, is there a GGG confirmation anywhere that all trap lay-outs have a "perfect-route" available to them?

Both independently and when combined.

Peace,

-Boem-

I don't know if any GGG member has stated that it is true you don't have to take damage under any circumstance. So unless someone ask on like the mechanics question thread I'm not sure how we are suppose to get a response from GGG regarding that or not.

However, given the pictures provided in this post, we can for sure see 2 safe places, with likely another that we can't see from this position as well.

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info