Trade is in a sad State

i so agree with this i think this what prevent form this game to be best and lots players not play in this game because this reason not to all people have time to came to form and add item and to be connecting just for simple trade
hope to fix this soon as possible its very very important
its the risen number 1 way there isn't so mach player in this game
The current system can work a lot better if there is a way of contacting offline characters via a mail system.
The buyer can see your item on poe.trade and ingame mail you.
The seller can then reply with the item attached and a cash on delivery system can ensure that buyer pays before receiving item. Both parties can cancell the transaction before the C.O.D mail is accepted. Incase interst is lost or item has already been sold.
However if the seller receives multiple intrest mails he/she should be able to send the item to all interested parties and the fist to accept gets it and all other mails gets cancelled or deleted.
Mail systems wouldn't be used very much, because buying from an online seller is always better than dealing with an offline seller. It wouldn't be a complete waste of developer effort, but it'd be close.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 20, 2016, 10:45:42 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Mail systems wouldn't be used very much, because buying from an online seller is always better than dealing with an offline seller. It'd not be a complete waste of developer effort, but it'd be close.

it makes sense if trade improvements mostly focus on high value trading where the longer negotiation time pays out eventually.

question is what future trade improvements focus on, my lucky guess is that it doesn't support good items being able to be purchased for 1 chaos or less.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 20, 2016, 10:55:13 AM
"
vio wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Mail systems wouldn't be used very much, because buying from an online seller is always better than dealing with an offline seller. It'd not be a complete waste of developer effort, but it'd be close.
it makes sense if trade improvements mostly focus on high value trading where the longer negotiation time pays out eventually.
At which point the forums/PM are fine. We already have a clunky mail system.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
vio wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Many people don't read forum PMs, hell almost all streamers are in that bunch.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
The forums aren't just PMs. You can make threads, too!
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
The forums aren't just PMs. You can make threads, too!

n1 checks those
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

basically you're right.

additionally, having a mail based item exchange would open accounts for attacks because people would use the mail address they registered with for trading.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

basically you're right.

additionally, having a mail based item exchange would open accounts for attacks because people would use the mail address they registered with for trading.

When i was saying using a mailbox system i didnt mean that kind of mail. Just an ingame mechanic that doesnt even have to be named mailbox that when you make a bid on an item, then you go offline for examble, then the seller comes online receives your offer and either chooses accept and gets the currnency(or the offer might as well trade items) on his inventory, and then he loses the said item which is delivered to your account even if you are offline in a remove-only stash tab.

If both players are online then it can work like cross-instance trading in the same league, or even trade between leagues (not items from one league to another, examble : when you play permHC you can trade permHC items with a player that currently plays SC but has permHC stash and the item you want is in there meaning in permHC).

EDIT: i believe also Havoczripper above meant the same.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Last edited by Regulator on Jul 20, 2016, 4:56:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info