Trade is in a sad State

"
Regulator wrote:
When i was saying using a mailbox system i didnt mean that kind of mail. Just an ingame mechanic that doesnt even have to be named mailbox that when you make a bid on an item, then you go offline for examble, then the seller comes online receives your offer and either chooses accept and gets the currnency(or the offer might as well trade items) on his inventory, and then he loses the said item which is delivered to your account even if you are offline in a remove-only stash tab.

If both players are online then it can work like cross-instance trading in the same league, or even trade between leagues (not items from one league to another, examble : when you play permHC you can trade permHC items with a player that currently plays SC but has permHC stash and the item you want is in there meaning in permHC).

EDIT: i believe also Havoczripper above meant the same.
I don't think I'd use a system like that very often. For me, trading in PSC is no problem at all, I never have to pst more than 3 people and I get the trade done in 5min tops. However, for perma HC/standard, there are probably issues. Those leagues all have less active economies, and many players who play them also play other leagues (particularly standard and perma HC since those are the dump leagues).

For PHC, which also runs into issues, I think further polishing the API would help with that. Showing who's AFK would help a lot. People could write scripts that send an action in game once every ~8 minutes if they really wanted to, I'm sure, but I doubt most people would go to those lengths.

It also occurs to me that maybe the reason I rarely have problems trading is that I use /whois every single time I trade. I find the item I want, ctrl+c the name of the seller, /whois them, then whisper them if it looks like they're not busy.
I dunno. For whatever reason, I don't really run into trouble. I like that the current system forces players to be face-to-face to trade. I like seeing other players' gear, hideouts, etc, and I'd be sad if that were removed from the game.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Yeah by no means i want this to replace completely what we have now, it might be better if it didnt even work if people are offline for example, and only work if both players are online and only for cross league trades, all those are just food for thought, seeing this for example someone can come up with an idea that nobody has thought of yet that could be the optimal solution or whatever. Dunno really, as i said whatever direction GGG might choose to go it will come with downsides too (besides the obvious upsides), and thats why whatever they do there is always gonna be an issue (at least depending on what GGG has mentioned in the past and what suggestions float around the forums).
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Regulator wrote:
Yeah by no means i want this to replace completely what we have now, it might be better if it didnt even work if people are offline for example, and only work if both players are online and only for cross league trades, all those are just food for thought, seeing this for example someone can come up with an idea that nobody has thought of yet that could be the optimal solution or whatever. Dunno really, as i said whatever direction GGG might choose to go it will come with downsides too (besides the obvious upsides), and thats why whatever they do there is always gonna be an issue (at least depending on what GGG has mentioned in the past and what suggestions float around the forums).
Yeah, what I meant to say is that I think a mail system or at least a way to trade in leagues other than the one you're in would be useful. I think further API improvements will do a lot, though.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
"
Regulator wrote:
Yeah, what I meant to say is that I think a mail system or at least a way to trade in leagues other than the one you're in would be useful. I think further API improvements will do a lot, though.

Until you force people to sell at the prices they post this system will be unnecessarily difficult. If only some game invented a way to post the price you want to sell at and FORCE you to not scam people and sell at that price ...

Oh wait that's most games.
email system not work simple no one use this its need to be something that every one use and built-in game like every game that exists just one page and the game can earn money if someone wants than one page
Offline trading, or some API/gadget on phone where you dont need to log in in game to trade or something better, cmon!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Regulator wrote:
What i want to point with those is that the game is bleeding players with this trading system we have, a person that wants to play 30minutes after work and has to wait for 15minutes to buy an item, loses interest, and GGG loses potential customers. When the 3rd party site is down for example it greatly affect the game, and that is a shame, and even bigger one that GGG still refuses to either integrate it or come up with her own better trading system/experience.

Then just play the game ?

To be honest i really like how trade is going right now : easy to post your items for sale, super easy to find generic items, little bit of research for the more specific ones. Trade a little, and mostly play the game. Of course the hardcore super high speed ladder pusher always wants new upgrades. But you have to realize that this might not be the case for everyone ? Most people have a slow paced gameplay and the trading system is absolutely excellent for them. It protects the more casual players and that is what a game needs. A trading system à la Diablo 3 would kill all the smaller players, because it is super fast and unregulated, exactly like what happened to d3.
Blizzard used different concepts by opening up their API.

The user interface allowed people to make mods, and eventually many mods made it into the user interface itself. This follows easy pickings from a best of community bred options.

The action house in Diablo was not the problem. It is the commodity of power that killed the play experience. The auction house is merely a vehicle that brings forward the symptoms of underlaying issues more strongly. One should not blame the vehicle, but address the underlaying issues and focus rebalance.

Blizzard did not just remove the auction house as many players believe. They have changed the underlaying design by even removing trade outside the group, for various benefits regarding to loot distribution. D3's loot is about known legendaries and set items that are vastly more fixated by design. An issue that still manifests is loot saturation (people get their stuff too fast, elites lose their loot incentive too soon) which is basically the same symptom still in effect.

On the subject of PoE's current trade system, I find it clunky. Ideally opening up API for third parties yields more websites and ties third parties' time investment to the succes of the game, which translates to positive advertisement (usually). But an auction house there will be only one of (the most convenient one) and the rest won't succeed as much.

When I run uber lab, I can't trade. While there is already a price agreement, it is just the matter of the click to make it final. When I am in a race, I can't trade. When I am in a map, it costs me a portal. Unless I open up a secundary account and do all trades from there, which to me is a hassle.

Alt tabbing to check prices I find no fun.

All but few interactions with other players when trading were very friendly, and I agree this is a plus. However, it often feels more like a friendly handshake from both sides knowing that trading can be a bit tedious at times but we cope with it by showing each other good behaviour.

An auction house, in my opinion, would be a good idea, but not without first handling underlaying issues of the commodity of powerful items (namely the uniques).

Did you try turning it off and on again?
"
kaepae wrote:

When I run uber lab, I can't trade. While there is already a price agreement, it is just the matter of the click to make it final. When I am in a race, I can't trade. When I am in a map, it costs me a portal. Unless I open up a secundary account and do all trades from there, which to me is a hassle.

Imo it is the only issue with trading right now. You should be able to invite someone for a trade and him to join your HO and open a stash with the items you have for sale, and proceed on the trade of his own.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info