Trade is in a sad State

"
SupaMF wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:

Because using an interface outside the game that would basically be identical to porting a web browser inside of the game is so much work?

Seriously, sometimes I wonder the quality of players this game is attracting these days. We used to make builds that didn't require any items from other players, any gems from other players, no masters, ect, now everyone is trying to push PoE into a D3 style get loot super fast and where you don't have to replace anything.

Instead of
1. Open the website and poe.trade
2. find the item
3. pm 20 afk players
4. teleport and trade

You could
1. Find the npc ingame, maybe even in your hideout :o
2. Find the item and buy the item.

Idk for you, but for me that sounds great.

POEs currency eats itself up so adding an AH would also work. It would not be like D3 where gold has no use other than to buy or sell items. It would be huge to help the masses. It would also fix alot of other issues like traders being afk all day, price fixing and gouging and scamming, and a host of other issues because it is all automated.
"
FixLabPLSGGG wrote:

POEs currency eats itself up so adding an AH would also work. It would not be like D3 where gold has no use other than to buy or sell items. It would be huge to help the masses. It would also fix alot of other issues like traders being afk all day, price fixing and gouging and scamming, and a host of other issues because it is all automated.

Why not make trading more reliable? You do know that sometimes you try to buy something (I'm still trying to find new better rolled Doryiani's, but it seems that I have a bigger chance to make a build and go farm Atziri itself all day long), that happens to be in very limited quantity, and the sellers are all unresponsive, thus wasting your time.

First thing, I would like to see that whoever lists an item to trade is held accountable to oversee it's status more frequently than now - yes, I know it's nice to have >10 premium stash tabs for trading, but you should have a deadline for listing an item - just so you should relist it again after a week/month maybe, it would actually encourage you to price check more often and actually pay attention to your "trades".

I would also think that the unofficial auction house/houses should be able to oversee the status of the traders at anytime - we already got online/offline, I don't think it would be so unsettling to see the location of the online trader - if he's running maps or Labyrinth, it would be clear that you would have to wait for him to finish first, and a nice AFK status for the ones in hideout/towns would make you think twice about contacting him, and try instead to find someone else that is available at the time - if you really want his merchandise you could always whisper and wait for him.

But at least I would like a limited inventory for trading with offline people, as we should face it, not all of us are on the same time zone, and for highly relevant items you should have the option to oversee at least a truer open auction, that should start with a minimum required amount for the sale to happen - which should always be at least an EX. They should also implement a cost in either existing currency or newly introduced one for keeping the items there so that you should always try to trade as fast and easily as possible.

It would be nice to have a nicer UI that integrates all your trading progress so you could always know the status of the items waiting to be sold/bought.

People could interact and should interact more, but as I said, they have to be held accountable at least in a small part for their actions - no more forgotten 3 leagues past items let to rot to be displayed to annoy the other players etc.

Those thoughts are going with "a healthy economy = a healthy game" in my mind.
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Sep 13, 2016, 6:00:17 AM
^- Bump -^
Trading in PoE is just like buying/selling something on craigslist/offerup/5miles/etc, minus the chance of getting jumped. Quite a PITA.
The countless times I mistook my MTX pet for prey... huehehehe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info