Having completed 40/40, I don't see how anyone with a life can succeed at challenges

"
666lol666 wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:
Avarage job including travel time 10 hours sleep 7-8 hours so that leaves 6-7 hours free time wouldnt call 3 hours a day on a hobby no lifing if thats less then half of the free time you have.

Clearly you still live at mommys home. :) The food doesn't come to your house, you have to go out and buy it. Then you have to cook a meal, after eating it would be a good idea to clean the kitchen or at least the dishes you used. Talking about cleaning up - most working people have more than one room and believe it or not you have to clean them up too from time to time. Ohh and if mommy has left the building you have to wash your clothes, iron them, fold them and put them into the cabinet. I'm pretty sure you have to take a shit once per day too. And how about your car? Enough air in the tires? And last but not least how about yourself. Having a daily shower could be a good idea if you have a job and would like to keep it. Of course mommy doesn't care. Your "6-7 hours free time" is an illusion exile. And IF you will ever get a wife and children even 3 hours a day is nothing but pure fantasy.

Confirmed. :D
Why don't you replace the word "succeeding" in the title to "getting all the challenges"? Because casual players can certainly succeed and can certainly get a good amount of challenges done. I haven't even entered the endgame lab yet and I got 30 challenges. Many of them are pretty easy.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
yeap thx and congrats OP! this is why I have only been focusing on mapping

thx for sharing the findings
My average play time in the HC Prophecy league is 1 Hour 38 Minutes per day according to http://poestatistics.com/

Although I was done weeks ago and played alot more than that "per day" at the start of the league... a couple of hours a day over the duration of the league, if used efficiently, does not seem too bad.
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
tMShubar wrote:
Dude, you played an avg of 3 hours everyday for 46 days straight - that is basically no lifing if you have a job. That is basically sleep, work, play and repeat. Having self awareness is a great thing....

I am probably avging that for the past 20 days - trying to grind for lvl 97 before calling it a day. But I am under no circumstance thinking it is normal for people to be playing that much - I have an addictive nature, go extreme for a short period of time and then take months and months off.

Maybe many people without a job can't see the truth in this post but that is 100% exactly how it is in RL! If you play 3 hours everyday that is really sleep, work, play and repeat - in other words as nolife as can be if you have a job!

3 hours a day is for getting 40/40 in 6 weeks. That's half the league, not a full league. The commitment is much smaller if you stretch it out.

But let's look at 3 hours a day. Since you're talking about my playtime we can take a look at my schedule during my peak play period this league(first 3 weeks or so, which got me to 36). Wake up at 5:30 am, play PoE for an hour and a half(until 7 am). Get ready for work, leave at 7:30 am, return at 6:30 pm. Eat dinner(my wife is currently studying for board exams so she cooks) and wash dishes, and do any necessary chores between 6:30 and 7:30ish, play PoE for about 2 hours (7:30ish to 9:30ish) while my wife studies for her board exams. Hang out with my wife for a couple hours(not PoE, work, chores, or sleep), shower if needed and sleep for 6 hours or so. Now the schedule on the weekends was of course more flexible but it generally went one day for PoE and one day for friends and family. This schedule leaves plenty of room for having a life besides work and PoE. It probably won't be a realistic schedule when my wife is working full time, so I don't expect to get the full 40/40 in six weeks next league, but I do expect I'll still be able to make significant progress on the challenges playing an hour or two a day and maybe even get 40/40 by the end if I play well enough.
"
Now over a 12 week period, the length of a 3 month league, this works out to 1.65 hours a day, or about an hour and forty minutes.

I've another approach on this.
Actualy 1.65 hours a day ( wich is not entirely true ) on a competitive base / challenging base is actualy lower than any others online games i know so far.
Valve published stats back in days pointing that competitive players were around 3.65 hours a day at some periods.
Riot won't publish statistics on this with league of legend or they would have troubles with justice in some countries i think :devil_smile:

This is a league. There are challenges to complete. soo basicaly this is a competitive base. ( even if PoE tend to have troubles finding the way trought " basic competitive rules " ).

I will just add yes without flaming or anything those challenges are easier than any past leagues.
Most of them are a kind of extended tutorial ( no kidding and i clearly think it's intended to be like this by GGG ).

You have to understand playtime required to be succesful in a game will never be adapted to all players.

If it's 1.65 hours a day the thing is the majority of players use to spend this time on the game usualy.

At the end it's just pointing that GGG isn't actualy targeting the 0.00001% but the opposite.

And honestly i can't even understand what leaded you to think 99% of players was adult with kids work wife etc and able to play 10 mins a days only.

Anyway congratulations for releasing them in 138 hours it's great like that and i hope you enjoyed playing :)

Helio
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jul 18, 2016, 12:16:07 PM
I would have went for 40/40 if i had a new gpu and the challenges were not as hard... no point trying to get them for me (cant anyways till i get a new gpu)
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:
Avarage job including travel time 10 hours sleep 7-8 hours so that leaves 6-7 hours free time wouldnt call 3 hours a day on a hobby no lifing if thats less then half of the free time you have.

Clearly you still live at mommys home. :) The food doesn't come to your house, you have to go out and buy it. Then you have to cook a meal, after eating it would be a good idea to clean the kitchen or at least the dishes you used. Talking about cleaning up - most working people have more than one room and believe it or not you have to clean them up too from time to time. Ohh and if mommy has left the building you have to wash your clothes, iron them, fold them and put them into the cabinet. I'm pretty sure you have to take a shit once per day too. And how about your car? Enough air in the tires? And last but not least how about yourself. Having a daily shower could be a good idea if you have a job and would like to keep it. Of course mommy doesn't care. Your "6-7 hours free time" is an illusion exile. And IF you will ever get a wife and children even 3 hours a day is nothing but pure fantasy.

Sounds like adults have a pretty shitty life tbh.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Sounds like adults have a pretty shitty life tbh.

What I don't get is when I see people who just work work work all day whether they are at work or at home and have little to no free time to do things they like tell other people who enjoy themselves to "get a life". That's a bit ironic tbh fam.

P.-S.: This is not directed to anyone in this thread in particual ofc, just in general
"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:

Confirmed. :D

There's no chance I play this game at that point in life, haha. I think atm pretty comfortable, work during the week, go out 2-3 times, chill for a large portion of Sunday.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info