Having completed 40/40, I don't see how anyone with a life can succeed at challenges

I can understand why balancing achievements is hard. Just look at the XP discussion. If you make it too easy, a lot of elite players (hence this thread) would whine about how easy it is. If you make it too hard, wannabe-elite-players would whine about how impossible it is.

It seems to me that GGG wants to make challenges to everyone; both hard core players, and others. But as long as half the player base feels entitled to EVERYTHING that gets added to the game, the balance is impossible - at best.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
sometimes i think the existing separation of hardcore and softcore is just the wrong way of dividing the community.

there should be 2 separate leagues but both should have hc and sc elements in it (game let's your char die at a certain char level or difficulty f.e.) but the real division would be the play time players need to invest to get anywhere.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
It's the easiest literally the easiest challenge league they have ever created like if you want impossible the x/8 leagues were impossible people without a life or without trading skills like that's impossible not this shit.

Absolutely true.
Though, maybe the previous league was a bit easier to complete all the 40 challenges? Can't remember right now... but anyway it's somewhat subjective and in the end doesn't matter that much.
"
Phrazz wrote:
I can understand why balancing achievements is hard. Just look at the XP discussion. If you make it too easy, a lot of elite players (hence this thread) would whine about how easy it is. If you make it too hard, wannabe-elite-players would whine about how impossible it is.

It seems to me that GGG wants to make challenges to everyone; both hard core players, and others. But as long as half the player base feels entitled to EVERYTHING that gets added to the game, the balance is impossible - at best.

I'm gonna sneak in your house and break the E, N, T, I, L, and D keys on your keyboard.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
tMShubar wrote:
Dude, you played an avg of 3 hours everyday for 46 days straight - that is basically no lifing if you have a job. That is basically sleep, work, play and repeat. Having self awareness is a great thing....

I am probably avging that for the past 20 days - trying to grind for lvl 97 before calling it a day. But I am under no circumstance thinking it is normal for people to be playing that much - I have an addictive nature, go extreme for a short period of time and then take months and months off.

Maybe many people without a job can't see the truth in this post but that is 100% exactly how it is in RL! If you play 3 hours everyday that is really sleep, work, play and repeat - in other words as nolife as can be if you have a job!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
tMShubar wrote:

Dude, you played an avg of 3 hours everyday for 46 days straight - that is basically no lifing if you have a job. That is basically sleep, work, play and repeat. Having self awareness is a great thing....

I am probably avging that for the past 20 days - trying to grind for lvl 97 before calling it a day. But I am under no circumstance thinking it is normal for people to be playing that much - I have an addictive nature, go extreme for a short period of time and then take months and months off.

Avarage job including travel time 10 hours sleep 7-8 hours so that leaves 6-7 hours free time wouldnt call 3 hours a day on a hobby no lifing if thats less then half of the free time you have.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
40/40 gives you nothing that 36/40 doesn't and anyone can achieve that so who gives a fuck how much time 40/40 takes except for the people who whine about anything and everything?
Last edited by RandallPOE on Jul 18, 2016, 8:38:00 AM
"
RandallPOE wrote:
40/40 gives you nothing that 36/40 doesn't and anyone can achieve that so who gives a fuck how much time 40/40 takes except for the people who whine about anything and everything?

Hideout Totem/bragging rights. Just like the MTX.

I'm a shame. Second character to ~90, and I'm still at this many challenges. Gotta stop fucking around and get them done. Too much playing with wacky builds

:V

But yeah they are pretty reasonable. Gotta admit that the map are is a little bit crazy, but given there have to be some really hard ones, it isn't that bad.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
the only challenges i dislike are the ones ggg clearly did not tune right.

the 300 map challenge should have been 200

the unique strongbox should have been all of them not just 6

the card one needed less ridiculously expensive ones on the list

and the grinds one probably should have been 20 ambrius 50 atziri 40 uber and 800 voll

but for everything else i feel it was a pretty smooth climb .. so far.

now if only i could find people who would let me run their atziri's for them......
"
jackof8lades wrote:
Avarage job including travel time 10 hours sleep 7-8 hours so that leaves 6-7 hours free time wouldnt call 3 hours a day on a hobby no lifing if thats less then half of the free time you have.

Clearly you still live at mommys home. :) The food doesn't come to your house, you have to go out and buy it. Then you have to cook a meal, after eating it would be a good idea to clean the kitchen or at least the dishes you used. Talking about cleaning up - most working people have more than one room and believe it or not you have to clean them up too from time to time. Ohh and if mommy has left the building you have to wash your clothes, iron them, fold them and put them into the cabinet. I'm pretty sure you have to take a shit once per day too. And how about your car? Enough air in the tires? And last but not least how about yourself. Having a daily shower could be a good idea if you have a job and would like to keep it. Of course mommy doesn't care. Your "6-7 hours free time" is an illusion exile. And IF you will ever get a wife and children even 3 hours a day is nothing but pure fantasy.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info