Having completed 40/40, I don't see how anyone with a life can succeed at challenges

We dont I play about 5 hrs a week and you see where im at. If I could play at work like I post at work I'm sure I'd get 36 though haha.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 17, 2016, 10:16:22 PM
In other leagues, there were too many 'reach a certain point in the game' challenges. Eg, beat Atziri - either you can do it, in which case it is easy, or you can't, in which case it's pretty pointless.

I like this league because there are more challenges that are things you can work towards. 10 8-mod vaal maps for eg: It is accessible for most players who can reach endgame, but still takes time and preparation even for 'power players'. It also encourages you to try out game content you might not have experienced before. (For me, anyway: I'd never even bothered corrupting a map before this challenge.)

Same for many other challenges as well: 1k rampage streak, beyond demon kills, unseal uber lab, fulfill prophecies, etc.
Even the 'redeem divination cards' challenge is much better this time (as in, achievable if you work towards it) compared with Perandus.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Jerle wrote:
"
tMShubar wrote:
Umm, I think your post proved the exact opposite message to me.

1.65 hours (in your case 3) is a pretty big commitment (not saying it is a bad thing - each to their own) everyday for three months.

When you factor in work (9-5 + transport) and sleep, you're not left with that many hours in a day. While 1.65h a day doesnt sound out a lot in an isolated case, it actually is to be doing it consistently. You miss one day, you have to do 3.2 h the next, miss a couple of days and you are in for 5+ hour sessions (based purely on your numbers).

You probably also did it pretty efficiently with a good build.

So yeah...

This is 40/40 he's talking about. For the top end challenge trophy, this is clearly reasonable. Or do you think everyone who logs into POE at all should be at 40/40?

I think you're missing the point (through his sarcasm) he is trying to make. Essentially he is saying 40/40 is easy to get - as easy as spending 1.65 hours a day for the league.

The point I am trying to make is that it is actually a lot of time to put in. I am not discussing the merit around getting it and how much time is reasonable - purely just time spent.

In his case, he plays on avg 3 hours a day everyday for the past 46 days. Not many people can do that (even 1.65 hours). Furthermore, avging out the hours actually doesn't work either. I question if I limited his playtime to only 1.65 hours a day if he would still be 40/40 as essentially you miss the benefits of a new league - aka grinding hard at the start to get higher level drops to sell at good prices.

Last edited by tMShubar on Jul 17, 2016, 11:38:15 PM
I get his sarcasm. And I'm saying he is right about this league being reasonable for people to get 40/40. Sure, not everyone can commit 2 hours per day to get 40/40 but the top challenge trophy isn't meant for everyone. The current league already makes full challenge completion a lot easier than in past leagues where u can play 8-10 hours a day AND still not getting 8/8.

On your other point about early league advantage, I'll say this it doesn't apply to this league. There's practically nothing that is gated by currency resources. Purely playtime. In earlier leagues where u need 100ex to get a full set of uniques then I'll agree it's hard to compete if you don't have the early league economic advantage.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Last edited by Jerle on Jul 17, 2016, 11:41:14 PM
I got 36, working is really killing my time and was planning to get 40/40 but I couldnt.
"
tMShubar wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:

This is 40/40 he's talking about. For the top end challenge trophy, this is clearly reasonable. Or do you think everyone who logs into POE at all should be at 40/40?

I think you're missing the point (through his sarcasm) he is trying to make. Essentially he is saying 40/40 is easy to get - as easy as spending 1.65 hours a day for the league.

Sarcasm isn't a particularly precise form of communication so I can understand why you'd read it this way. I think calling it easy is taking it a bit far. My point is more that it is achievable with other things in your life going on besides PoE. I just read too much "no-lifer" this and "impossible to complete with a full time job" that and wanted to make it crystal clear that such statements are simply ridiculous. The effort of getting a high number of challenges is on par with a serious hobby, but it's not mutually exclusive with a life and a job.
Even if it's sarcasm grinding based games aren't made for people who can't commit at least 10h/week.
I think this league got the best challanges so far.

Also I dont like title of this thread
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jul 18, 2016, 1:12:16 AM
"
"
tMShubar wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:

Sarcasm isn't a particularly precise form of communication so I can understand why you'd read it this way. I think calling it easy is taking it a bit far. My point is more that it is achievable with other things in your life going on besides PoE. I just read too much "no-lifer" this and "impossible to complete with a full time job" that and wanted to make it crystal clear that such statements are simply ridiculous. The effort of getting a high number of challenges is on par with a serious hobby, but it's not mutually exclusive with a life and a job.

Dude, you played an avg of 3 hours everyday for 46 days straight - that is basically no lifing if you have a job. That is basically sleep, work, play and repeat. Having self awareness is a great thing....

I am probably avging that for the past 20 days - trying to grind for lvl 97 before calling it a day. But I am under no circumstance thinking it is normal for people to be playing that much - I have an addictive nature, go extreme for a short period of time and then take months and months off.
forcing ppl to log in to play for a stupid purple forum number and a purpule ape for your dress up barbie doll
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info