PHC so empty you can hear the gears grind

"
_Emperor_ wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:
I couldn't stand the lab helm enchantment grind anymore (and Chris didn't even address it in the Q&A), so I whipped out wizardry 8.

I have it modded for more robust potion & weapon crafting, better pickpocketing, and widescreen support. Having a blast.

Yes, I'd rather knock-knock/pick the vault tumbler for 8 hours straight or let weak monsters hit me all day to buff my stealth skill or use mindread on antone for 12 hours to train my psionics than grind PoE helm enchants.

I play grindy games. PoE isn't a grindy game. It's a fucking retarded lottery.

+1
I am currently on stellaris, great game imo.
RNG levels are off the charts in poe now... not interesting anymore i guess.

Stellaris is fantastic game. It is so refreshing to play actual fun game without imbecile devs decisions to nerf everything including fun factor.

Bullshit makes the flowers grow
"
Manator wrote:
"
_Emperor_ wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:
I couldn't stand the lab helm enchantment grind anymore (and Chris didn't even address it in the Q&A), so I whipped out wizardry 8.

I have it modded for more robust potion & weapon crafting, better pickpocketing, and widescreen support. Having a blast.

Yes, I'd rather knock-knock/pick the vault tumbler for 8 hours straight or let weak monsters hit me all day to buff my stealth skill or use mindread on antone for 12 hours to train my psionics than grind PoE helm enchants.

I play grindy games. PoE isn't a grindy game. It's a fucking retarded lottery.

+1
I am currently on stellaris, great game imo.
RNG levels are off the charts in poe now... not interesting anymore i guess.

Stellaris is fantastic game. It is so refreshing to play actual fun game without imbecile devs decisions to nerf everything including fun factor.

That feel when you find industrial race in your domain, and enlighten it to space age and then they become your allies/vassals :D And your traits match so they are super happy and friendly :D
Probably one of the best feelings you can have if you ever enjoyed Star Trek.

And i agree with your feelings about devs, but i wouldnt call them idiotic.. just misguided by numbers that tell a skewed story.

But hey, game population is fine! Some people trade just fine and all is great! It is just me i guess, tough luck!
Well, sometimes I feel like the the PoE devs don't understand/play their own game.
I came back shortly for perandus league, and I second that the labs are BS. Its content designed to put walls up for certain builds that would have otherwise been viable. A minor mistake in the labs will get your character killed. I don't see how anyone playing HC views it as a worthwhile risk.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jul 13, 2016, 8:17:40 AM
"
thevdende wrote:
Well, sometimes I feel like the the PoE devs don't understand/play their own game.

You know, I'd send Chris Wilson a $20 gift card for 5 guys hamburger that he can use next time he comes to the states if he actually started playing PoE deep enough to get to the end game content.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jul 13, 2016, 8:20:28 AM
I'm playing SF HC still. With the server problems, it's rolling the dice at all times, so to speak ;)
I can't even play atm...since prophecy came out it's unplayable....
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
I recently quit until new league is out, I just wanted the weapon enchant. I played PHC and I would only ever play HC but the thing that disappoints me is there is no difference anymore between HC and SC for temp leagues. Things use to be different, different map or monster modifiers, different uniques. Past few leagues it's all been the same. Which makes a lot of people I know just play SC. The whole reason some people play HC is not only for the challenge but the difficulty and different things that make it unique.

Prophecy straight up sucks. If the weapon enchant didn't look as good as it does I wouldn't have even bothered playing it. It's like GGG are running out of ideas.

Yeah I want to back track, yeah I want to run 10 maps before 1 of my prophecies finally activates, yeah I want to play normal HC and not waste my time on shitty prophecies. /sarcasm

People hate on Perandus but fuck at least it had something better than Prophecy.

Though this league has had server fuck ups nonstop, I'm fine dying to crits or whatever, I am not fine to dying to server instabilities multiple times. Australia/Singapore servers currently are the worst.

PHC is dead because there is no incentive for anyone to play it.
Last edited by opeth on Jul 13, 2016, 11:11:37 AM
This league has been a complete failure. Performance issues, server issues. The league itself isn't that bad actually, it's just so many of the prophecies are shit and backtracking garbage.

Balance changes have been terrible. I've been saying this forever, the balance team is clueless. And Chris let's them go wild because he hasn't played his own game in years.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
thevdende wrote:

You know, I'd send Chris Wilson a $20 gift card for 5 guys hamburger that he can use next time he comes to the states if he actually started playing PoE deep enough to get to the end game content.

Chris leveled a HC character up to 86 in HC Talisman not so long ago in 2016. He died to the village ruin boss. So unless you consider "end game" only being Uber Atziri or t15 maps, you can send him your gift card.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/44a3un/_/
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Jul 13, 2016, 12:37:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info