PHC so empty you can hear the gears grind

"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
thevdende wrote:
Well, sometimes I feel like the the PoE devs don't understand/play their own game.

You know, I'd send Chris Wilson a $20 gift card for 5 guys hamburger that he can use next time he comes to the states if he actually started playing PoE deep enough to get to the end game content.

Chris leveled a HC character up to 86 in HC Talisman not so long ago in 2016. He died to the village ruin boss. So unless you consider "end game" only being Uber Atziri or t15 maps, you can send him your gift card.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/44a3un/_/

Chris also said he didn't trade, if I remember correctly (for obvious reasons). So he missed out on that endgame "player interaction". For shame.

edit: nvm, he did trade anonymously.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Last edited by Druga1757 on Jul 13, 2016, 12:45:13 PM
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
thevdende wrote:
Well, sometimes I feel like the the PoE devs don't understand/play their own game.

You know, I'd send Chris Wilson a $20 gift card for 5 guys hamburger that he can use next time he comes to the states if he actually started playing PoE deep enough to get to the end game content.

Chris leveled a HC character up to 86 in HC Talisman not so long ago in 2016. He died to the village ruin boss. So unless you consider "end game" only being Uber Atziri or t15 maps, you can send him your gift card.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/44a3un/_/

I dont doubt his profile has a leveled character that matches that description. You couldn't tell that he was playing anything recently the way decisions are made past 2 leagues.

Challenging content around every corner was HC.
Fun mods for facerolling was SC.

Now its Super Saiyan mode and all you need is for that RNG to look your way, other obstacles are non existent.

More gameplay, less slot machine.. a person who plays HC on a regular basis knows that it is the way to keep HC players playing.
RNG to even experience the league is pushing this game off the cliff.

Gone are the good days of SC and HC leagues being separated and having different mechanics. One was for "tv watching fun and great" other was "hardcore challenge you can meet your death behind every corner and great".

He stopped playing his own game, and now its only " what decisions bring the biggest numbers in" and when that backfires you get the ghost town that we have now... god forbid what it will become in 1 month.
"
_Emperor_ wrote:
I offer this tittle as one of the coffin nails for the " PoE is a hardcore experience ".
"normal" HC and league HC are wastelands.

I tried buying something in the Trade Chat, on poe.xyz and in party chat list.

It seems that Hardcore left the hardcore.

Well the actual perfomance issues plus the lab aren't a good combination for hardcore. lol Even all the hc streamer gave up this league. Sadly I don't think hc will ever recover from that.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Speaking for myself, the implementation of the lab and ascendancy points made me quit HC play. Too much gated behind mechanics designed to simply kill you. Evasion? Does nothing. Zero. Nada. Might as well not have it. ES was bad, but at least it helped a bit... and they tuned it up. But evasion? Nothing. Zip.

I could have 10,000+ Evasion rating and a static trap on the floor that any idiot could dodge would kill me. Doesn't. Make. Sense.

Traps were designed to kill you. Period.

Izzy? Hits harder, in an area, than bosses 20+ levels higher. Completely out of the realm we're used to. If he was lateral, like Atziri or any of the other expansion bosses, I wouldn't care a lick... but he's not. He's in the progression of a character now... and should not be HC-proof. But a week or so to get to the fight only to have your character trashed by something you have no chance of understanding? Not happening again. Gave it the college try, but HC play just wont work in that environment.

Same here... I wanted to play HC, I ve done all the last league a try. Laby is too much for me, I play SC now, but I don't like the lab better for that...
... nothing
The new supporter packs will come out. People will buy for "bragging" rights. GGG will say "see, we don't need to change a thing".
HC just doesn't feel rewarding anymore. the HC/SC leagues are exactly the same, almost any build can 1 shot map content, and there is little reward for taking risks while mapping.
"
What? that people cry for harder content but cry when it happens? Stuff that can kill you in hardcore, how dare they!!

He didn't say "can," he said designed to, as in near 100% chance, as in he feels the content isn't a hurdle or an obstacle, but is there to make it so you cannot pass it.

Evasion builds for some reason cannot evade the traps, low-life has an issue in lab, Blood magic builds can't do lab, Vaal pact builds have issues with lab.

These are known issues, but GGG are not capable of making anything more than a binary system to fill up a lab with.

Check out the lab-specific builds, 0 dmg, 1,500/sec.

That's not a game, that's poe-skilltree-simulator.
Last edited by Orca_Orcinus on Jul 13, 2016, 5:00:09 PM
"
_Emperor_ wrote:
I tried buying something in the Trade Chat, on poe.xyz and in party chat list.

It seems that Hardcore left the hardcore.

<....>

Yeah... what am i supposed to do until new leagues come out and this super duper "all you know will change" endgame arrives?

The game is unplayable without shopping?
Casually casual.

"
ventiman wrote:
I still play poe...pillars of eternity forgot how much fun it was tactic combat,puzzles give it a go its like dragon age or divine divinty a homage to baldurs gate or planscape torment

Will be back once the performance issues are fixed chris answer to burning ground in the q and a was id rather lose players...wish fullfilled

Pillars OF Eternity is good fun. I made a party of 6 wizards for shizzles. Super hard at first but then ultra powerful. 1 mage is tank and took all tank spells. Rest of mages each specialized into somthing like fire, acid, cold, CC. Thats my evil party. My good party is pure buff figher party with all 18 con 2 paladins, 2 chanters, priest, and main a nuclear dmg rogue. This party was super strong at first but now weaker having hardly any dmg spells. Good times. Funny note is it has same initials as Path of exile....POE!
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Speaking for myself, the implementation of the lab and ascendancy points made me quit HC play. Too much gated behind mechanics designed to simply kill you. Evasion? Does nothing. Zero. Nada. Might as well not have it. ES was bad, but at least it helped a bit... and they tuned it up. But evasion? Nothing. Zip.

I could have 10,000+ Evasion rating and a static trap on the floor that any idiot could dodge would kill me. Doesn't. Make. Sense.

Traps were designed to kill you. Period.

Izzy? Hits harder, in an area, than bosses 20+ levels higher. Completely out of the realm we're used to. If he was lateral, like Atziri or any of the other expansion bosses, I wouldn't care a lick... but he's not. He's in the progression of a character now... and should not be HC-proof. But a week or so to get to the fight only to have your character trashed by something you have no chance of understanding? Not happening again. Gave it the college try, but HC play just wont work in that environment.

Im actually surprised to hear you say this. Thought you would be all for it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info