[2.6] 12 Aura Necrobot: The Legend of Aura

"
Cold... Lightning... Fire... Chaos. Long ago, the 7 classes lived together in disharmony. Then everything changed when the Clear Speed Meta attacked. Only the Aurabot, master of rearbending, could buff them. [cue intro music...♪]

In Perandus League I ran a Guardian for my friends and I in order to make some of the content that we were struggling with trivial as we played through endgame maps, such as high physical and elemental damage, it was a success and for the following league I wanted to run a Support build again. For the sake of changing it up a-bit I decided to play Necromancer due to the considerable buff to the aura bonuses it received. I have now played Necro Support every league since.

With 12 Auras on a Necromancer, you provide 206% increased damage AND 103% increased attack/cast speed to ALLIES around you, this includes both minions AND party members. The reason that this is a higher % etc instead of 120% is that Commander of Darkness is effected by your aura effect nodes. This is just from your Ascendancy Bonus and it is literally Godtier.

Defensive Stats

8000*+ Energy Shield | 65%+ Physical Reduction | 600+ES/s Regen | 81%+ All-res
*Taken before Presence of Chayula was added to the game

2.4 Aurabot POV Videos

Normal maps:
Twinned Core Malachai

Guardians + Shaper:
Lair of the Hydra
Pit of the Chimera

Shaper's Realm

First time doing Shaper's Realm and was going in knowing nothing about the fight, 1 death due to not paying enough attention to one of his blackholes

Pros;

• You're an Aurabot - People will love you.
• You can run ANY map mod as you're BloodMagic keystone and have no mana cost on any skills.
• .28(Approx) attacktime shield charge so that you can keep up with smaller parties

Cons;

• You're an Aurabot(?).
• Expensive(?) - You ideally want a 6socket Shavronne's Wrappings.
• Aurabots have become A-LOT more meta since this guide was initially created, plan to have friends around since Public Parties and rotations will most likely already have a bot
• Due to the above, unless you have currency to burn You'll probably need to run a-lot of Uber Labs if you want to get an Enchant on your Alpha's Howl (refer to list of Enchants under Gearing Section)

40 Points | 60 Points | 80 Points | 100 Points | 117 Points - Level 94

Notes on leveling

• Priority is Aura nodes and Blood Magic keystone.
• Branch into Energy Shield nodes and Iron Reflexes/Unwavering Stance when possible.

You can drop Unwavering Stance once you have a Presence of Chayula

• We use 4* Energy from Within Jewels Conqueror's Potency and conqueror's Efficiency.

Energy Jewels should be located at Melding, Quick Recovery, Devotion, and Golem's Blood.
*As of [2.6] Energy from Withins are expensive, only spec into the relevant Jewel slots if you can afford to purchase them, otherwise just pick up Energy Shield nodes from elsewhere on the tree.

Only use the progression as a guideline, and if you are leveling straight as support.
Bandits are Kill All, in all playthroughs.

Commander of Darkness -> Mistress of Sacrifice -> Beacon of Corruption, last 2 nodes are irrelevant.

Items above are the only Required Gear, that said I highly recommend not running both Alpha's AND Prism while using Lorica, sacrifice some auras to ensure you have enough Energy Shield to Survive.

Example gear, what I used til level 94 on Essence League:

• You need to get 1 -8 Mana Cost Elreon ring in order to Shield Charge + Flame Dash without interrupting your Energy Shield on Blood Magic.
• The aura enchant on the Alpha's Howl is required in order to run 12 auras with only level 2 Enlightens, refer to the list below for possible enchants to use.
• Don't level Clarity too high past your reserved life otherwise you won't be able to use it.
• Aim for Energy Shield + Chaos Resistance on your remaining gear slots for rares, any chaos resistance will go a long way.
• Some Dexterity is required on gear, master crafting flat on a ring should be enough.
• Use Essence of Insanity Gloves for Super Speed.

List of Lab Enchantments you can use to get the setup:

Merciless Lab:
14% reduced Discipline Mana Reservation
10% reduced Determination Mana Reservation
10% reduced Grace Mana Reservation
10% reduced Haste Mana Reservation

Uber Lab:
20% reduced Discipline Mana Reservation
20% reduced Purity of Elements Mana Reservation
20% reduced Purity of Fire Mana Reservation
20% reduced Purity of Ice Mana Reservation
20% reduced Purity of Lightning Mana Reservation
20% reduced Vitality Mana Reservation
15% reduced Anger Mana Reservation
15% reduced Determination Mana Reservation
15% reduced Grace Mana Reservation
15% reduced Haste Mana Reservation
15% reduced Wrath Mana Reservation

15% Hatred can also be used, just swap out the Damage aura of your choice.

Enchants for the 2nd phase of the build
The 2nd phase of the build is when you have enough currency to get a level 4 Enlighten and have Elemental Weakness resistance cap in maps without Purity of Elements, allowing you to swap out PoE for Hatred on Generosity.

20% reduced Discipline Mana Reservation
15% reduced Anger Mana Reservation
15% reduced Determination Mana Reservation
15% reduced Grace Mana Reservation
15% reduced Haste Mana Reservation
15% reduced Wrath Mana Reservation
15% reduced Hatred Mana Reservation

2nd phase gear (dropping Purity of Elements for Hatred):

Flasks:

• Use Rumi's + Taste of Hate if you'd like, I find the only things I really need is bleed/burn/shock removal.

The playstyle is relatively simple, keep up with your party due to your Necro speed bonuses on Shield Charge and keep Vaal Haste up for fun times.

Loot and Repeat.

Map mods worth noting;
• No Life Regeneration
This is the only map mod where you have to pay attention and is the only time you should ever be in danger of dying. Easily do-able still, but watch your Energy Shield

Thread is Work in Progress so if I've missed anything lemme know.

Also GGG pls remove stupid skull from amazing hood or make the hood a separate mtx kthx
IGN shdowe
Last edited by shdowe on Sep 2, 2017, 11:22:11 PM
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2017, 9:48:56 PM
dank vouch for good bot
Super Fun Happy Guild represent!

MA - GET THE CAMERA! I'M FAMOUS IN THIS THREAD
Last edited by Pocket_Medic on Jul 10, 2016, 3:02:16 AM
Mapping with this guy turns twinned darresso into twinned chumperino. Fighting Uber argus literally was so easy he didn't touch me. Have run multiple lab runs with this guy making carrying 6 man uber lab parties a breeze. GG build is GG.
tfw build guide for people that were asking about it turns into a Vouch thread
IGN shdowe
The damage boost to allies from this build is insane; I could not believe my tooltip when I looked at it. Clear speed goes waaaay up with this guy around, and thus I consider it to be the best support build out there.
"
shdowe wrote:
Commander of Darkness is effected by your aura effect nodes.

Is that real ? Can someone confirmed this ?

If it's true, that's ... godlike. Maybe i'll try it out soon.
"
Alyaa wrote:
"
shdowe wrote:
Commander of Darkness is effected by your aura effect nodes.

Is that real ? Can someone confirmed this ?

If it's true, that's ... godlike. Maybe i'll try it out soon.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Commander of Darkness is explicitly not any kind of separate buff. The node does not give you a bonus while your aura is active, it changes the effect granted by your aura by adding damage, attack speed and cast speed bonuses to each aura skill you cast.

Just as the node says, this bonus is granted by the aura, so can only be granted to a thing the aura can grant bonuses to.

Both of the below images have no damage/haste auras, the only difference between them being me removing 16% aura effect.

IGN shdowe
i am wondering why you use stone golem instead of lightning golem or chaos golem? also would you change anything in hc?

edit: also why are you using reduced mana in your gloves setup when whirling blades only cost 15 mana and you have -16 from elreon rings
Last edited by Ruzzel2244 on Jul 15, 2016, 1:57:59 PM
"
Ruzzel2244 wrote:
i am wondering why you use stone golem instead of lightning golem or chaos golem?

I use Stone Golem purely for the es regen, as I have enough attack speed to not need a Lightning Golem.

At level 20 a Stone Golem gives 105hp/es Regen whereas a Chaos golem gives 4% phys reduction, I'd much rather have the regen as it also helps for Elemental damage where the Chaos Golem doesn't.

"
Ruzzel2244 wrote:
also would you change anything in hc?

I personally haven't played an Aurabot in hardcore, I've only died once on this character since reaching maps (I played recklessly during levelling) due to high ping -max frost bearers. I think defensively you should be fine, the main problem would be the damage you give might be too high for some people if you plan to play with public parties instead of a group of friends that can build around your buffs. The damage you give can be very dangerous if people choose to attack reflect mobs.

"
Ruzzel2244 wrote:
edit: also why are you using reduced mana in your gloves setup when whirling blades only cost 15 mana and you have -16 from elreon rings

I use faster attacks + fortify on my whirling blades for the extra speed + defence, which puts the cost of casting over the -16 threshold, reduced mana puts it back to no mana cost.
IGN shdowe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info