No incentive levelling past 90 in standard

I don't get all this complaining about the experience nerf tbh. If you can't get to 100 now you wouldn't have been able to pre 2.3 either. Those people who were doing it before are still doing it now regardless.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Jul 14, 2016, 12:32:03 PM
"The internal answer varies from person to person, but my feeling is that if someone pushes themselves very hard within a three-month challenge league, it should be possible to get to 100. Adjusting towards this goal is something that we're doing carefully and alongside the parallel introduction of higher level content."

...From the Q&A. It should be POSSIBLE to reach 100 if you work HARD within a THREE-month league.

So, if you're not up for the grind, stop the whine. Mihihi!

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
People seem to conflate it being possible to level to 100 to it being reasonable.

Is it possible? Of course. Is it reasonable? Well, for the overwhelming majority of players, no... its not remotely reasonable. Getting to 90 is a chore but achievable, every level beyond that is like trying to climb an increasingly steeper ice covered hill using your teeth for propulsion.

I believe my highest character on another account is either 93 or 94, and while I have around a dozen 90+ characters in my 5k or so hours played, I wonder how much more work would be required to get ONE to 100, considering the agony of just a few levels post 90...

People say "if you work hard", what they really mean is "if you have a good group of friends and the ability to endlessly chain tier 8+ maps, picking up nothing but currency and somehow still getting proper gear to avoid a death".
I think revert back before last xp nerf and make it 5% xp lost after lvl 90 as opposed to 10% and people would be happier.
IGN:Flickfrap
Last edited by LoPan on Jul 14, 2016, 6:55:27 PM
Depends on build really. I was "done" with my miner at like 88. Could do uber or anything else. Some like 92-93.

I've never found incentive to go past that though.

100 is just bragging rights. game seems balanced for high 80s to low 90s

So question is how badly you need your ego stroked compared to the chore.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 14, 2016, 7:54:32 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
So question is how badly you need your ego stroked compared to the chore.

That's making an assumption.

It's not the first question you should be asked. The first question is: do you consider leveling to 100 a chore or do you enjoy the process? If someone considers it a chore, then you can ask your question.

I have a level 90. I enjoyed the process to 90, and didn't consider it a chore. Would I consider leveling to 100 a chore? Ask me again a year from now, since that's about the time I'll get around to it.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
I never understood this fascination with level 100. Such a dumb waste of time. If your build isn't done around level 90 you doing something wrong.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
I never understood this fascination with level 100. Such a dumb waste of time. If your build isn't done around level 90 you doing something wrong.

this is how i pretty much feel as well, I usually get bored of a character or feel its done by the mid 80s and move on to rolling something else.
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
i feel like devs dont care about standard
i also feel like new exp formula is a move in a wrong direction.
im also getting sick of temp leagues.

maybe its burnout or maybe i expected to much from GGG

time will tell

IGN : Sir_Big
"
Achilion wrote:
i feel like devs dont care about standard

... And there's a huge player base feeling the same. But with all these "standard is a trash league, full of noobs and plebs"-mentality, it's kind of easy for GGG to go that way. The main focus needs to be directed somewhere, and the temp leagues/ladder is the focus. No secret that the hard core players stays away from standard, and we all know GGG wants to make a "hard core" game.

But when it becomes "too hard core" fore some, requiring even more grind, we see a lot of whining on that end too.

The balance is hard :P
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info