_Zerk_ wrote:
Don't care, I don't play Standard.

This would apply to temp leagues too.

Temp league elitism blinding people again I see, lmao
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Nephalim wrote:
Eternals destroyed the game.

They should come back only if items have a 5 mirror limit before being 'un-mirrorable' or simply remove mirrors from the game. It's not a good mechanic and pushes the bis-orGTFO mindset that makes end game builds revolve around BIS uniques and duped rares.

This gives players a way to build BIS item with enough currency but will not be able to perpetually milk the masses.

milk the masses ? mirror service certainly cost way less than the eternal exalt method of crafting, statistically speaking. If you didn't want to get "milked", you shoul've tried your luck.

also if your build require absolutely mirror items, you're playing it wrong.
Last edited by Sygnano on Jul 1, 2016, 1:30:43 PM
only if mirrors are removed. Actualy eternal existing is much better than mirrors. At least people will own original weapons, not copy of single one which you cant even change colors.
"
"
_Zerk_ wrote:
Don't care, I don't play Standard.

This would apply to temp leagues too.

Temp league elitism blinding people again I see, lmao

Whatever, I always collect various league specific uniques, then never make builds on standard, because there is a new leage by that time.

Also you don't need perfect rares to play the game, sure there is a point from where every minor upgrade costs a fortune, but are they really that neccesary?
I think that multi mod crafting via benches should be buffed a bit. Of coarse, with a steeper orb investment.
Last edited by xxSerpentlordxx on Jul 2, 2016, 5:47:39 PM
No no no no no no no

Eternal orbs wher a huge problem and that is the reason they wher removed .

2 major problems , potentialy game breaking came from eternal orbs.

1) the rich get richer problem. Since it was very rare orb it's cost was high , this ended up very quickly in a situation whare the only way to get your hands on enoughf to craft with ( 5 - 20 needed to craft 1 stat ususaly ) you needed massive amounts of curency . so much so that 99 % of people could never hope to get even close to the amount of curency needed . This left crafting high level items in the hands of very few people , who then controled the market on both top tier gear / and the eternal orbs themselfs. Creating a power vacuum whare if you wher not already rich enough to craft with eternal orbs ... you never would be .

2) It destroyed any motivation players had to do "normal" crafting . especially on good 4-5 stat items. This fundamentally under minded the rest of the crafting systems , again letting the uber rich by-pass RNG . However the less rich players did not just deal with the fact they had to deal with RNG crafting , they just simply did not craft at all . selling /buying evreything , this made problem 1 even worse .

The idea that you will be abel to finish off that nice 4 - 5 stat item once you saved up enoughf to get a few eternal orbs was a myth for most players . Also if you did not have VERY deep pockets eternal crafting was a good way to losse all your cash for nothing as you could still get bad luck and losse evreything before you got the item crafted. Again this led to only folks with deep pockest being abel to take advantage of the orb .

We do NOT want to go back to this , a few players ( like myself ) did not want the eternal orb in game in the first place as we saw the potential for this to happen , and sure as shit it did . In fact it was such a problem that GGG had to remove it , not something they wanted to do as it was a net loss on development time AND had to piss off alot of the top tier players who controled them ( rage quits happened when it was removed )

The idea of eternal orbs on paper may sound cool. However for long term game health is is very very bad.

Lets just let it be a relic in standard .

Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
I like the fact that most of the people asking for the return of eternals are against the removal of mirrors instead. I wonder why...

Spoiler
It's definitely not related to their supposed desire to finish their items
"
SirSid wrote:

Well.

1.Eternals were never a part of controlled market, like mirrors were, and are. A couple of people completely control the mirror market. They either RMT them, or speculate with the prices, whichever is more profitable at the moment. It didn't apply to eternals, a low of people were playing with them. True, there were RMT botters, who used to sell them in packs ingame to convert to exalts when ratio is good, as exalts are harder to get tracked. But that's it.

The top crafters never controlled eternal market, nor mirror market in general (there are exceptions though, at least one).

"The rich get richer" symptom in this case, is completely related to mirrors themselves, but nothing else. Eternals are the tool to craft the item. Mirrors are the tool to sell the result.

2.What you call "normal" crafting is the utter gambling with unpredictable results (typically destroying the item), nothing normal in it. Eternals provided a way to avoid incidents at a high price. Eternals helped to finish well rolled drops. Allowed "the middle class" to work on its own crafting projects. People always exaggerate and in this case use to relate eternals with mirror worthy crafts. That's wrong.

Take a look at this:

It's not a craft, but a drop. It's now bricked. Guess what rolled the yolo exalt. It wouldn't happen with eternals around.

Fucking mirrors are the problem. But it's guaranteed that triple g won't do any drastic reworks, for reasons.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jul 2, 2016, 7:48:20 PM
the fact you can dupe items in this game has always been a huge redflag but any you know what comment gets you muted or banned from forums.

mirrors and eternals shoud´ve never been in the game.
it has created a huge monopoly and driven prices of decent rares uniques way down because "lol bro its not mirrorworthy XDDD"

and thats why this game is dying slowly but surely by now unelss things change.
"
torturo wrote:
"
SirSid wrote:

Mirrors are insanley rare . yes they have simmilar problems to eternals , but thare insane rarity makes this less impactfull on the game .

the claws are not worth eternaling , perfect for a yolo exsult , this time you failed the roll . It happens THATS how the crafting system is set up in this game. You may love it you may hate it , but eternals bypassed this .

Now how pissed would you be if you spent say 10 eternals and 9 exsulted on the claws to get a max flap phis roll .

lets take the prise of eternals at the time they wher removed . 4 ish ex

so that's 49 exsulted orbs to roll 1 stat ( and this is not garentyed )

http://poe.trade/search/azinidumanorer

The item you linked was in standard so i serched standard trade ( online only ) . Similar ( slightly worse claws ) go for about 20 c .

A few on that list are better than yours and are going for 20 ish EX

So unless you have 100 + exsulted orbs to toss at the item to makes it near perfect than it would of been a total waste even trying , THIS is the problem with eternals , csualy eternal crafting SUCKS ASS . You have to go for broke to try at all.

If you would of tryed to eternal roll that claw , you could of ended up wasting ALL your curency for nothing. Be happey it only cost you 1 EX , now you can move on and find another one and try again.

Nice claw though.
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info