Eternal orbs.. Should they come back?

Doe for president! <3
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
It's RNG based, currency drops etc, but people playing everyday for 2-4 hours should be able craft a decent item every 1-3month (depending on the item ofc, weapons will ofc take longer than that). And thatt's from playing selffound. With trading involved you can ofc achiv more than that in like no time.

That seems to put exalted crafting out of the question at least. 3 hours every day is almost 100 hours per month. Based on my experience in prophecy that amount of playtime will yield about 2-3 exalted orb drops. You get some YOLO exalt attempts for sure, but crafting multiple desirable mods requires way more than that.

Chaos spamming is definitely possible and I've done that myself, but given that this thread is about eternal orbs it seems a bit out of place. Was that nevertheless what you meant, or are you suggesting there's a way to get a lot more exalted orb drops than what I'm seeing?
"
databeaver wrote:
"
It's RNG based, currency drops etc, but people playing everyday for 2-4 hours should be able craft a decent item every 1-3month (depending on the item ofc, weapons will ofc take longer than that). And thatt's from playing selffound. With trading involved you can ofc achiv more than that in like no time.

That seems to put exalted crafting out of the question at least. 3 hours every day is almost 100 hours per month. Based on my experience in prophecy that amount of playtime will yield about 2-3 exalted orb drops. You get some YOLO exalt attempts for sure, but crafting multiple desirable mods requires way more than that.

Chaos spamming is definitely possible and I've done that myself, but given that this thread is about eternal orbs it seems a bit out of place. Was that nevertheless what you meant, or are you suggesting there's a way to get a lot more exalted orb drops than what I'm seeing?

You wont eternal from 2-3 mods (atleast not on everything that is not jewellery or a weapon).
So ofc its with using all combinations of crafting methodes the game offers you. Eternals orb will help you to craft the last or the two last mods, everything before that would be a waste of currency in most scenarios.

Also 2-3 ex is what u farm in pure drops, not converting other currency drops + trading items for a few chaos, that's way more than that. Also crafting is more a standard league thing or last weeks of a league thing, you would build an item first day/week of a league unless u have an insane RNG.

And no i like the exalted droprate as it is, but the eternal droprates of the past were horrible.
I'd love to see the them droping (when they are coming back) at a droprate half of an exalted. The result will be more exalted usage by not putting more serivces on the market, but nice items. So if some people want to make currency they have to sell originals (which takes time to create plus a lot rng to be benefitial).
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Jun 30, 2016, 10:02:53 AM
PoE has flown so far off the rails now, that I'd wonder if it even matters anymore. Does it matter?
"
You wont eternal from 2-3 mods (atleast not on everything that is not jewellery or a weapon).
So ofc its with using all combinations of crafting methodes the game offers you. Eternals orb will help you to craft the last or the two last mods, everything before that would be a waste of currency in most scenarios.

Okay yeah, I can see how eternals would help in crafting the last 1-2 mods on top of a good chaos craft. With some currency trading it would be plausible to do that kind of crafting every couple of months.

"
Also 2-3 ex is what u farm in pure drops, not converting other currency drops + trading items for a few chaos, that's way more than that. Also crafting is more a standard league thing or last weeks of a league thing, you would build an item first day/week of a league unless u have an insane RNG.

I thought you mentioned self-found though? In prophecy I have probably 5-10 ex worth of other currencies (too lazy to take an exact count right now) but converting them to exalted orbs is not possible without trading.
"
databeaver wrote:
"

Okay yeah, I can see how eternals would help in crafting the last 1-2 mods on top of a good chaos craft. With some currency trading it would be plausible to do that kind of crafting every couple of months.

"

I thought you mentioned self-found though? In prophecy I have probably 5-10 ex worth of other currencies (too lazy to take an exact count right now) but converting them to exalted orbs is not possible without trading.

Yep for selffound it will take longer, depending on your RNG. A weapon might take more than a year, so it's definatly for a standard selffound player. But even in the past that 6t1 crafting wanst a temp league thing, but even there you can aim for very decent crafted items. But i gues Selffound isnt 100% the focus here anyway, the removal was because of the economy impact which excludes the selffound players. So the solution should be something the economy benefits from and reduces the monopol situation on highend crafts.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Absolutely yes. Game is boring without them.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Don't care, I don't play Standard.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
Remove mirrors and bring back eternals. It's kind of ridiculous that they allow the one item that can dupe an item to exist but remove the one item that can allow you to work towards creating a one of a kind item for yourself. There is also the problem of mirrored items not being able to be enchanted....
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Eternals destroyed the game.

They should come back only if items have a 5 mirror limit before being 'un-mirrorable' or simply remove mirrors from the game. It's not a good mechanic and pushes the bis-orGTFO mindset that makes end game builds revolve around BIS uniques and duped rares.

This gives players a way to build BIS item with enough currency but will not be able to perpetually milk the masses.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info