Eternal orbs.. Should they come back?

Sid, without mirrors, eternals serve the only purpose of fixing items and working around risky crafting projects (the end value of the items could be eventually economically unjustified). Isn't it balanced as risk-reward?

Once again, perfect items cannot exist without mirrors. Eternals don't play a role in this case.

BTW eternals varied 2-4ex back in days, 3 on average. That's an acceptable price to fund small crafts and adjustments on your own. It's not as expensive as you make it look like. Crafting from scratch/crafting certain weapon types is different. This can truly make you broke. But at the end it's decision of the individual anyway, if to take the risks.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
I like the idea of an earned-only non-tradable Eternal Orb effect. It would be a nice thing to put at the end of a new rare map type or something - something that isn't ripped-off from Legend of Zelda like Lab is. Something that actually focuses on combat instead of environmental hazards, like a Diablo clone should.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
"
torturo wrote:
Sid, without mirrors, eternals serve the only purpose of fixing items and working around risky crafting projects (the end value of the items could be eventually economically unjustified). Isn't it balanced as risk-reward?

Once again, perfect items cannot exist without mirrors. Eternals don't play a role in this case.

BTW eternals varied 2-4ex back in days, 3 on average. That's an acceptable price to fund small crafts and adjustments on your own. It's not as expensive as you make it look like. Crafting from scratch/crafting certain weapon types is different. This can truly make you broke. But at the end it's decision of the individual anyway, if to take the risks.

Well it's deffinatly up the the person the risk they want to take . The problem i point out is simply that having eternal orbs in the game made people always chose the risk of " no im not doing any regular crafting cuz eternal crafting is better" Thus making any atempt at normal crafting "bad"

However comeing from myself , someone who used eternal orbs a great deal , i can safley say that eternal crafting is what was bad , "normal" or "regular" crafting is what should be in game .

I feel our opinion on this matter differ in a fundemental way however , since i don't think we should have the option to endlessly dump curency into a item to make it perfect over a long period of time . I prefer having the random element to crafting , just as loot drops have . If you want say a crit ring for eg. then you can use curent crafting to basicaly incresse your drop rate of that one item , by spending curency to basicaly force rolls on it . Getting a perfect roll in crafting is almost as likley as droping the item in farming , you are just foring more of that one type of item to drop. Crafting in it's curent state is a tool to agument RNG in your favor over time NOT a way to bypass it ( as was the case with eternal orbs )

I also want to point out that the way crafting in PoE is in it's curent state is VERY diffrent than crafting in most other games , if not all . this makes something that seem like a no brainer win win situation ( like the eternal orb ) actualy bad in this senario , other crafting systems it could fit in perfectly however .

Also BiS items are in no way even remotley needed to play ALL content in this game , not by a long shot . Again eternals made alot of players feel that a item was not "right" till it was close to or in fact BiS . Now in other games using BiS items is common , however it is VERY rare hear , outside a few uniqu items ( witch can't be eternaled or mirrored anyways ) so it bring a interesting mentality to a game that simply dose not need it .

BiS items SHOULD be something that is nearly imposible to get . Something to keep the extremist players motivated to get not the masses .
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
I want eternal orbs to be brought back. Maybe they made crafting too easy but without them there is no crafting. Why even bother having all these orbs in the game if you can't actually make the item that you want? No matter how many orbs you waste you will never get the 6 mods you want, you will just throw away orbs, and if the orbs can't actually be used to make something then they are all worthless. I would rather have eternal orbs than not ever being able to craft something.
"
torturo wrote:

Mirrors have nothing to do with crafting of items.... Also eternals were 6-8ex before they went legacy.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Of course mirrors have a lot to do with crafting perfect a.k.a. mirror worthy items. Without the ability to infinitely dupe a certain item for a fee, crafting such an item is economically unjustified - some weapon bases may eat 4-5K exalts in the process.

Price of eternals in std/HC varied 2-4/3-5 before the statement of legacy status came out. Dunno about the leagues.
There were times when value of exalts fluctuated for some reasons and botters sold packs of eternals on std at 2ex, as people who play this game for a living monitor the price of exalts closely.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jul 18, 2016, 6:32:10 AM
I would love to see them in the game, but I must say I wasn't playing PoE yet when they were. From a distance, it seems like the mirrors were the root cause of the commodity of power. So I'd want the mirrors to change. One copy per item maximally, as suggested earlier in this thread, looks like a good deal to me. Perhaps even make the original non-tradeable.

The thought of gathering materials over time to create that one powerhouse of an item that uniques can't ever touch feels worth an enormous farm. Such items would still lose power as new tiers become available as the game expands.

But the investment would reward with the power of the item, not richdom alongside it nor a spread of that power. So without adjustment to how mirrors work, I'd rather not have them in the game.

2ct.
Did you try turning it off and on again?
play league

get mirror drop

tell me, what is there to mirror in league?
"
pichapie wrote:
play league

get mirror drop

tell me, what is there to mirror in league?

Hahahah that's the best part they took out the fucking eternal orb for the sake of standard where it's already damaged that's the amazing fucking part.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Bring them back as they was, increase the droprate, add a "eternaled"-Flag if used on an item.
That flag means "Can't be mirrored and/or Corrupted".

Why not corrupted? Corruption is the last milestone in crafting an item and it's an all or nothing case.

Instead, it could be changed so that eternal orb can't reverse corruption, so that corruption retains it's high risk/high reward value.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info