Eternal orbs.. Should they come back?

"
Bring them back as they was, increase the droprate, add a "eternaled"-Flag if used on an item.
That flag means "Can't be mirrored and/or Corrupted".

Sounds like a fine idea to me.. Covers BOTH problems.. The economic impact as well as the problem with Eternals in the first place. Eternals were fine except that perfect MIRROR worthy gear could be made with them.. This change would eliminate this issue while still allowing people to craft really good rares.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Bring them back as they was, increase the droprate, add a "eternaled"-Flag if used on an item.

worst idea, no one would use mirrors anymore

finding a mirror worthy rare dropped from a monsters it's as rare as to win 50 milion of $ at the lottery, even items crafted with masters are never mirror worthy

so mirrors should be removed aswell

eternals back and a limit to 5 or 10 copies is the best compomise

i dont think many people would be motivated to selfcraft their item with 700-800ex worth of orbs and without being able to make some profit from it, thinking that to earn 700-800exalted you need 1 year of work for a very good player and with all the changes to the game ( expansions, patch, balanced ) not worth it at all
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Jun 30, 2016, 4:22:36 AM
"
"

finding a mirror worthy rare dropped from a monsters it's as rare as to win 50 milion of $ at the lottery, even items crafted with masters are never mirror worthy

i dont think many people would be motivated to selfcraft their item with 700-800ex worth of orbs and without being able to make some profit from it, thinking that to earn 700-800exalted you need 1 year of work for a very good player and with all the changes to the game ( expansions, patch, balanced ) not worth it at all

And that is exactly what i want.

I'd also change mirrors to 1 copy only flagging the original aswell same as i would flag items used an eternal on it. (this change is needed, else u could: eternal and mirror, eternal back, eternal and mirror again, etc).

Also too me it does not matter if people are motivated to selfcraft, to those who are not motivated atm, nothing would change anyway.
What pisses me the most is indeed the "profit" aspect in crafting. PoE shouldnt be a economy simulator, nor a company simulator.

Every player, who puts enough time into the game, should be able to achive goodly crafts on their own.

As we know, every currency use is totally randomized in its output (just a mirror give u a 100% defined outcome 'a copy'), but having a way to safe an item before using a "changing" currency would be just nice, if some1 really wants to reach the max possible (for their own).
The only problem with eternals was the creation of monopols. Changing them by locking items from mass mirroring would solve the economic problem and i gues that's what the most people want from poe.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Jun 30, 2016, 4:49:30 AM
"

I love this idea.
"
"
"

And that is exactly what i want.

I'd also change mirrors to 1 copy only flagging the original aswell same as i would flag items used an eternal on it. (this change is needed, else u could: eternal and mirror, eternal back, eternal and mirror again, etc).

Also too me it does not matter if people are motivated to selfcraft, to those who are not motivated atm, nothing would change anyway.
What pisses me the most is indeed the "profit" aspect in crafting. PoE shouldnt be a economy simulator, nor a company simulator.

Every player, who puts enough time into the game, should be able to achive goodly crafts on their own.

As we know, every currency use is totally randomized in its output (just a mirror give u a 100% defined outcome 'a copy', but having a way to safe an item before using a "changing" currency would be just nice, if some1 really wants to reach the max possible (for their own).
The only problems with eternals was the creation of monopols. Changing them by locking items from mass mirroring would solve the economic problem and i gues that's what the most people want from poe.

no one would spend 1year playing 5 hours a day to craft his item and then see the build/item nerfed or see a new base item better than his "new" craft

even with 10 copies limit it would not be really worth to craft a 100% perfect weapon for crafters since you need 150-200 eternals minimum for it, and no one mirrors anything atm

just look at the spark dagger, did it cost 3k exalted to craft? no one mirrored it
"
no one would spend 1year playing 5 hours a day to craft his item and then see the build/item nerfed or see a new base item better than his "new" craft

even with 10 copies limit it would not be really worth to craft a 100% perfect weapon for crafters since you need 150-200 eternals minimum for it, and no one mirrors anything atm

just look at the spark dagger, did it cost 3k exalted to craft? no one mirrored it

People actually do,
there are plenty out there having their 4 stat items ready to finish for their own use, but they removed eternals!

I crafted also a lot items for personal use, just because i don't like the way good/perfect items were threated in the end, massproduction by a certain pool of players that arn't even playing the game. Most players hasn't even understood how hard it was to craft such an item.

No one mirrors them, that's a good change for the game if u ask me, meta builds are based on unqiues and mechanics more than on broken crafts. But if u want to swim against the stream by using a non-meta build based on rares instead of broken unqiues you kinda have to craft your own item, especially on a temp league where no mirror services are avail. Atleast give players a chance to go for what they want to reach, and not force them to yolo-ex a 2*physical% weapon for flaring.... or that very low master craft stat...

About your first sentence u should ask thenuhart - he would prolly reply with an "yes, i would".

What item you craft is totally up to you, some items arent worth to put a lot currency in, like for a spelldagger, the advantage to a master craft is not that big of a difference since u scale from a gem not from a base weapon. And that's the reason why no one mirrores it, u can craft like 10 decent daggers with almost the same performance for the costs of a mirror service. But still, if it's your goal, u will go for it.

In the end mirroring is only worth for a few items, basicly melee/attack based weapons like bows/wands/1handed/(maybe 2handed) with phyiscal rols + legacy critmulti amulets/quivers.

And yes they changed the Affix Tiers and introduced new items, it's like with hardware in real life, and you are still building your computer on the current available hardware and replace it years after for new better hardware. There is nothing wrong with it.

And even if they nerf some skills/builds, with a top craft u will faceroll content, even with autoattacks!

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Jun 30, 2016, 5:21:37 AM
I don't understand the fuss about this, never had an eternal drop before it was removed, neither a mirror up to this day, only exalted an item once as I always rather prefered building around uniques, that have a certain value instead of spending a fortune on rare items.

Especially, since you can reach 90 pretty easily even if your 1 ex perf rolled unique weapon has only the 3/4 of what a 30 exalt one has.
"

I'm curious, what do you think is enough time? A full working year without vacations is about 2000 hours; how many years should a player have to work at the game in order to craft a single item?
The ability to be allowed to craft good items on your own at a high price, is quite different than crafting godly mirror worthy items. People use to exaggerate and relate eternals strictly to mirror worthy gear.
This said, mirrors, or at least the exact way they work, is the actual problem. Not eternals. An old conversation.

Every player, willing to invest currency and dedication, should have the chance to work on his own item project.

Back in the days, I did myself this one and I'm glad i have it:

It's not mirror worthy, I'm not rich either, but at least was given the chance to scratch my itches. Not anymore.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jun 30, 2016, 10:04:13 AM
"
databeaver wrote:
"

I'm curious, what do you think is enough time? A full working year without vacations is about 2000 hours; how many years should a player have to work at the game in order to craft a single item?

It's RNG based, currency drops etc, but people playing everyday for 2-4 hours should be able craft a decent item every 1-3month (depending on the item ofc, weapons will ofc take longer than that). And thatt's from playing selffound. With trading involved you can ofc achiv more than that in like no time.

Also selling base crafted items 2-3 stats will be way more popular again on the market, as they were 2years back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info