Current Development Priorities

"
Durentis wrote:
"
blucynder wrote:
What about supporter items that haven't been implemented into the game. Shouldn't that also be a priority somewhere on the list?

I don't know where they're at with these at the moment, but I presume they're mostly taken care of at this point.

Undoubtedly some drawn out discussions, as with Unleashed.

Undoubtedly some cases like mine where I simply haven't gotten back to them to start my second. What to make? I dunno. It's not really a priority for me.. not why I bought the supporter pack.

They seem to have always moved very quickly on individual cases where people have expressed any sort of discontent at how long the process has taken for them.

I don't think implementing supporter uniques has ever not been of reasonable priority for them.

Maybe item was too specific. The service provided to the highest tier supporters is what I meant. And to further clarify I am happy with the majority of things GGG have implemented. As with any service oriented product you are more likely to hear about peoples' negative experiences than the myriad of positive ones. This creates a perception that may make some who are on the fence about throwing down an extra $660 (using div cards as the example here) less likely to take the plunge. I don't think there isn't value in tempering expectations for potential buyers. There is an opportunity to be proactive and showcase GGG's success in their progress of meeting the service agreement with their customers. Perhaps this is a better discussion for a general post rather than the comments of an announcement though.
hope my game will stop crashing. now it is like once per hour. this is not fun anymore. appreciate the update guys
"
Dos_Fafner wrote:
Spoiler
"
Durentis wrote:

Every ISP has technical issues. So do the links between you and them. GGG's ISP has been deemed reliable enough to stick with. In my experience, Blizzard's self-imposed downtime far exceeds any ISP- or otherwise-related downtime GGG has ever had. I think you need to learn to manage your expectations.

This is hardly the only online gaming company but it is the only company I know of that consistently makes these excuses for their game's poor performance.

A reason is: I go to the store to buy groceries. Getting groceries is the reason.
An excuse is: I did not go to the store because the streets are rough. The streets being rough is the excuse.

Are the streets possibly rough? They certainly might be. Does that mean you as a provider for your household should tell your children they can't eat because the city did not do their job? I hope not.

Comparing Blizzard's downtimes to the issues that plague path is ludicrous. I have NEVER played a game as glitchy as PoE; certainly not a Blizzard game (for the record I loathe D3, but you can't argue it's in a comparable state to PoE; PoE is lightyears behind with regards to smooth gameplay). Furthermore, I have never seen a gaming company make excuses like GGG does.

I note not a single supporter tag on your account; this is probably why you have no expectations. As an avid supporter of the game, I have expectations. As these expectations are consistently not met with each new release, I have opted to no longer support the game. This is logical. Failure should not be rewarded. I'll play PoE because it's still moderately fun, but future support would entail a complete change of design direction and I just don't see that happening. It is GGG's decision to release consistently bugged and glitched content; as the consumer, it is my decision to no longer pay for an increasingly poor product. If you went to buy a car and were dissatisfied with the vehicle would you expect the salesman to say "Well really your expectations of this car need to change"? No, because it is the dumbest possible thing that anyone could ever say in sales. A consumer driven economy means the consumer's expectations set the market, not the suppliers' standards.

I find it unlikely that I am the only supporter driven away by GGG's present business model but ultimately time will tell.

I suspect that nothing I say will convince you of your awkward, at best, thinking.

I choose not to show my supporter tags because they are irrelevant to my reasons for supporting and I feel no need for flaunting. I choose not to hide my supporter avatar, as I quite like it, though I may choose to switch to another supporter avatar at some point.

Kind regards.
Development this is a joke
ggg start to fix your game before adding new stuff . so many player already have issue
over 10 day this game crash and all my other game have any issue
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
Need some guild improvements soon!
ign: Terkypits

pm me on forum or ingame if I win.
"
What's Next?
As you know, we have a 13-week schedule of releases. The next release is an unannounced expansion with version number 2.4.0. While half our team is busy with the issues described above, the other half are feverously working on new content. We'll reveal more information about this expansion over the coming months!

Why can't the whole team clean up all the issues at once and then get busy with the new content. That way one half of the team is not playing catch up with the other. Im not sure people will be excited about new content when the old one is terribly glitchy.
i love this game and the developers, havn't bean around for to long but damn you guys are great! much love and keep up the great work!
great news :)
ign: CrushTheEvil
surpraise... Maybe crafting instead of current lottery? Or eternal orbs back. Or II Quantity support back.
Last edited by rrasto on Jun 16, 2016, 10:15:35 AM
Am I reading correctly that 2.4 is a significant content patch that falls outside of the norm 13 week schedule? That is the way it reads. But, I am not sure if that is how I should take it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info