Current Development Priorities

"
4lin wrote:
If someone doesnt know how to setup the "--noasync" here is how and where;

Link to full size

Hope it helps, stay safe! :)

From my understanding, users should be adding this to a shortcut to Client.exe, not PathOfExile.exe as patches are made to the PathOfExile.exe file. The Client.exe file is the one running at the time of the patch, so as to make sure PathOfExile.exe is not open and locked.

I tested the --noasync with my Client.exe shortcut and it worked: it passed the parameter over to PathOfExile.exe to load the files before giving me a log in screen (longer delay).
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jun 17, 2016, 9:13:04 PM
"
Magnamuz wrote:
I hope you finally make minions stay upon disconnection, you can't be a proper summoner if you always have to go get your minions back, it's not fair in comparison to every other character, specially when ether end has a connection problem from time to time.

Also a save point in labyrinth runs upon disconnection, very frustrating...

I agree these things need to be looked into. It's very frustrating to lose minions to dc. And the lab can be a crap shoot with PoE's instability.
Out of curiosity, what compression algorithm are you using to compress assets?

LZ4 (or the optional high-performance high compression variant lz4HC (LZ4 has an early-abort feature that aborts compression when the amount of data saved is 12% or below, LZ4HC compresses even if savings is only 1% or so. Considering that you need to compress only once, and that LZ4 and LZ4HC can both do up to 1.8 GB/sec decompression speed, I'd advocate LZ4HC)?
"
...if you experience stuttering in the first 20-60 seconds of an area, please try running the game with "--noasync" added to your command-line parameters (without the quotes).

Crash During Loading Screens
While we've made great headway on most issues reported in 2.3.0, the crash that some players get while loading into areas (often associated with the text "Unable to deserialise packet with pid X") is one that we have completely failed to reproduce in our office environment. We've tried it on a wide range of hardware, destination servers, operating systems and with developers of different star signs, but it has never happened for us. From what we can see from reports, the players it does happen to get it quite a lot. Could someone who is very tech savvy and gets this particular issue a lot please email me at chris@grindinggear.com so that we can get to the bottom of it? Thanks!

I was one of those players who crashed during loading screens and had stuttering in areas. Just wanted to made it known to GGG, that after I started to use --noasync, which you suggested, problems are disappeared altogether.

Though I used before --waitforpreload, thanks to a suggestion from fellow player, it allowed me to avoid crashing during first loading screen, but constant stuttering persisted: I still had 1-2 minutes loading time after changing every 2-3 instances. But with --noasync loading time is much shorter, no stuttering, no crashes. So far I'm very pleased, thank you for a suggestion, GGG.
Last edited by Cicindela on Jun 18, 2016, 11:11:33 AM
Still crash and lose TPs etc. mostly to rain. Maybe the game will work properly one day.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
How about while fixing old bug with the Femur of The Saints... Been too long not fixed i know minion builds are not the flavor of the day but Seriously how long can you leave known issue on item unfixed
thanks for the extensive overview. much appreciated.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jun 20, 2016, 6:47:38 AM
The game feels terrible and unplayable for me. I tried everything including the "--...", respec Headsman (much better but still bad), lowering graphics seems to have absolutely no effect. I think there is no need to say that all problems started since 2.3.0 kicked in.
Maybe in 3-4 years when you will have gathered milions of dollars from supporters you will release a version of Poe that has no lag and stutter.
No that horrible at least.
I'm seeing the same "fixes" for three years now and still we are at the same spot.
People still get disconnected,boxes still lag to death,ground effects still feel like 16xAA on my gpu.
But we have fancy mtx now,hype!
Please put at the top of dev priorities the follows :

- Empowering again the cold spells.
- Refreshing the builds so anything could be playable again ( things like Decoy totem in cwdt.. etc ).
- Any skill to be matachable anything else - just like in the original PoE.
- Bring back the Mirrors to the normal drop rate and cheap prices, after all - they should be in or entierly off the game, but with them in into a safety price zone - about 10 Exalts each - the things should be fine, and the game will look more meaningful .
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info