Is Reach of the Council TOOO good?

I love bow builds but this bow .... I can't imagine the game design balance rationale for creating it.

20% reduced proj speed isnt a meaningful drawback for 4 extra projectiles. Maybe it should have been a 'less' modifier to proj speed and maybe 5-10% less proj damage to give people more pause about how they'd build around it.

I'm much prefer they add items to the game with more extreme and interesting tradeoffs , this item just screams lazy powercreep gated behind 'well its going to be a rare drop and most likely expensive to keep everyone from using it'.

Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
"

I'm much prefer they add items to the game with more extreme and interesting tradeoffs , this item just screams lazy powercreep gated behind 'well its going to be a rare drop and most likely expensive to keep everyone from using it'.

Well, many of the uniques in this game have way more extreme/interesting(?) drawbacks and are just vendor crap (or at least seen as such from the community).

I like the idea for just a couple of plain strong uniques which are only beaten by very good rares and dont need laborious char building around the negative features.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Disfavour has no drawbacks whatsoever

Just gate the bow behind an uber pale council.
It is a fantastic bow, and I personally see no true issue with league-only items being rather powerful, as it tends to give each league a couple of touchstone uniques to reminisce about. That being said, I'm amazed it isn't more rare. I'm also surprised that, even with it being relatively common, with all of the clamouring for nerfs aimed at it and how GG it is for many bow builds that it still only costs about 4 ex. I guess it could just be the fact that player numbers are down, and most people that want it already have it.
Since everyone else keeps ruining all the fun builds like CoC and chaos conversion etc I will be vindictive and say yes. Good dps bow with free GMP and no downside. Can't nerf soon enough.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Since everyone else keeps ruining all the fun builds like CoC and chaos conversion etc I will be vindictive and say yes. Good dps bow with free GMP and no downside. Can't nerf soon enough.

People always be jelly. Running LA and CoC is just more fun than your build? Please nerf CoC!
What about using a summoner build but somebody just surpassed you in viability with Voltaxic? Yup, nerf Tax!
Oh my, you chose Fire over Chaos/Poison? Haha, lol, nerf Chaos/Poison, is op!

Lmao, I chose a damn Ice Nova build - kek, how about we nerf RotC, because lol, why would we want good uniques for our build too if we have the ability to shit over other builds? Kek.

Community seems to be more centered about nerfing one thing, rather than buffing other aspects. RotC boosted ranger play? Why not ask for Melee/Caster boosters? CoC being too viable? How about figuring out how to make other plays viable as well? - In the end of the day, you're just ruining the game bit by bit, not improving it with these "balances".

How many true cyclones have hit end-game just from the viability of the cyclone itself, not using it as a gimmicky way to cast other spells? I think it should deal 20% of the damage AND have the movement speed reduced by another 50% extra, you know, it might make melee viable with stacked movement at this point! Can't have that, I don't play cyclone!!
It wasn't until I started using Reach myself that I realised just how extremely dumb this bow is.
buy all the reaches and sell on std.. yup.
POE is life. POE is ♥.
"
sneakyJ wrote:
Disfavour has no drawbacks whatsoever

Just gate the bow behind an uber pale council.

Except Disfavour comes with a massive drawback - it's a melee weapon.
IF I was rich and cared I would be buying all these reach bows and hoping they go legacy and if they do u would be sitting on thousands of ex
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
Last edited by Prebornfetus on Jul 9, 2016, 2:26:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info