PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

Is Reach of the Council TOOO good?

"
furiousgeorge wrote:
"
SIQI wrote:
with the best rolls, using RoTC is about the same as using a 500pdps 6% crit bow for any skill that is GMPed, except now you don't actually need gmp (which also means more effect double dipping if you have poison), not needing gmp also means 1 extra slot for another useful support gem, so yea it is a pretty darn good bow and probably can compete with mirrored bows even to a good degree for certain builds.

The lack of crit can be made up with assassin spec or crit strike gem/diamond flasks.

Exactly this, and exactly my point. Uniques should not be BIS over mirror tier rares OR if they are....they should be headhunter level rarity....which this bow will be after this league I suppose.

Nobody really cares for standard in terms of balance so yeah doesn't matter.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
furiousgeorge wrote:

Exactly this, and exactly my point. Uniques should not be BIS over mirror tier rares OR if they are....they should be headhunter level rarity....which this bow will be after this league I suppose.

That is if they integrate Prophecy into core game (what the hell am I thinking, GGG has not thought about core game this year, but honestly, I do want Prophecy even more than Perandus to be in core game) then it will remain an issue.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jun 14, 2016, 4:34:39 PM
"
"
furiousgeorge wrote:
"
SIQI wrote:
with the best rolls, using RoTC is about the same as using a 500pdps 6% crit bow for any skill that is GMPed, except now you don't actually need gmp (which also means more effect double dipping if you have poison), not needing gmp also means 1 extra slot for another useful support gem, so yea it is a pretty darn good bow and probably can compete with mirrored bows even to a good degree for certain builds.

The lack of crit can be made up with assassin spec or crit strike gem/diamond flasks.

Nobody really cares for standard in terms of balance so yeah doesn't matter.

I actually wasn't even talking about standard. Assuming that prophecy doesnt make it into the core game, then we can likely expect prophecy to show up in future leagues in the form of Zana mods. In which case, it should be possible to chance it.

Again....they will be in the list of super rare, god tier items. If they integrate prophecy into the core game (which I find unlikely) they will have no choice but to balance RotC.

Also div cards.
I said it's totally broken the first time I saw it.
free gmp and over 300dps with good attack speed.. LOL

balance team know nothing about this game but we already knew it
recent example of retarded balance
"
furiousgeorge wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
I don't see the OP part? I do the same thing with 10c burning discharge, although I will admit that your boss clear speed is much faster than mine. Is that the OP part?

This is still like ~25% slower than voltaxic LA.

ROTC + TS + GMP = AMAZING clear speed + AMAZING single target.

I recorded that video with crap gear, a 5L and 6/8 ascendancy and 20% MS boots (lol). I have recorded a few other maps (T13/T14) and perhaps I will upload those too, but those maps look the exact same way.

Packs die in a fraction of a second and bosses dies in less then 2 seconds. Considering how much upside my build has in terms of links, items, ascendancy and levels, this tells me the ceiling for builds based on this bow is HUGE.

Also, I am not advocating nerfs necessarily. I think that ARPG needs some elements that are totally broken and OP. My thing is, this bow cost me 2EX and performs similarly to a 20EX harbinger. I don't know...maybe they just need to be a touch rarer?

To be clear, when i said 10c I didn't mean ten charges, I meant 10 chaos. I'm running a 5L with no proliferate and 10% ms boots for the extra curse. Idk, I'm not doubting that the bow is good, maybe even great, I just wanted clarity on what could make it TOOO good compared to other strong things, but you've answered that. I have nothing more to say I think without having more experience with other OP builds, or any experience at all with this bow.
Well maybe this will be exactly what as mentioned,headhunter is nowadays in STD.
That or next balance patch will piledrive this thing into the ground.
No rest for the wicked.
Bow is very, very silly.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
It is flat out too powerful. There is no way denying it.

This bow is on par with even the most powerful rare bows in a temp. league since it is roughly the equivalent of a 440-460 pDPS bow (depending on the roll / crit chance on the rare bow). Yes - this absolutely leads to less crafting. Last league I did a lot of bow crafting and actually crafted a 480 pDPS Harbinger. This league I am not gonna touch bow crafting. There is just no reason. None. RotC is the way to go.

The bow also leads to less build diversity. It gives players a strong incentive to make use of the bow skills that benefit from GMP. Why would you make a Rain of Arrows (or any other bow skill that does not include gmp) build with a 380 pDPS bow, when you can buy RotC cheaper and have a higher dps with a skill that benefits from GMP?

One guy currently ranked #8 at HCP even uses the bow as an elemental bow (0 physical passives or physical damage increases from gear / etc.) - he builds his character as if the bow is a Voltaxic / Windripper / elemental rare bow - that speaks volumes on how broken this bow is :(

It is also to easy to obtain. It drops similarly to Atziri items which means the amount of RotC-bows on a server depends on how accessable the Council is in the first place. Now they aren't super accessable. It is not like normal Atziri but the content is still quite easy to gain access to. Yes there is a droprate but let's be honest - it is not a rare unique. It is quite cheap, very obtainable and still better than anything (or at the very least the wast majority) of bows out there.

To sum up:

1) The bow is too powerful compared to how easy it is to obtain (if it was a unique with a droprate similar to Skyforth things it wouldn't be as bad)
2) It leads to less build diversity (even though we try out a few new gem-setups in the end it leads to a completely similar build) and it creates a much smaller incentive to do any rare bow crafting.
3) There is no incentive to do crafting on bows in this league as long as you can have a RotC at a much cheaper price.

Result:
Flat out broken. It should be nerfed. Hard.

Even though I plan to abuse this bow for rest of the league (there is just no reason not to) I would prefer if GGG nerfed it hard - preferably nerfed it in a way so mine and all other current RotC in the league was also nerfed - it is just broken :(

As for the people in this thread comparing physical bow builds to all sorts of other builds (like Discharge, spells or whatever): you are comparing apples and oranges. Other specific builds might in general in some areas excel compared to bow builds (clear speed for instance). That does not mean this bow is not broken. That indicates this game is filled with all sorts of different mechanics and they are exactly that - different.

EDIT:

Price Check: Just checked the prices on softcore prophecy. There is currently 1 bow on par with RotC. It is for sale for 33exalts. You could just buy a RotC for 2,5 exalt instead and spam some divines on the RotC. That means (currently) RotC costs somewhere around one tenth of a similar rare bow. What is even more silly is that there exist only rare one bow (for sale on poe.trade at least) on SCP that can compare with a RotC -.-
Last edited by Frankenberry on Jun 14, 2016, 7:53:22 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
A bow that has a free GMP support without the drawback and is on par with the pdps of Lioneye's Glare......now that bow has potential. I am kinda curious what was the balance process of this internally? lol

Same way they balanced skyforth. lol
But since the bow is league specific so they probably don't really give a fuck.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jun 14, 2016, 10:35:17 PM
For new readers, here' the tl;dr

If prophecy comes over to the permanent league, the bow will be destroyed with nerfs.

The bow will probably get a slight nerf regardless.

If the prophecy doesn't come over to the permanent league, the bow will remain good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info