Is Reach of the Council TOOO good?

"
IceDeal wrote:
"
Consider the low crit chance (6%) vs the 9.5% on a higher end harbinger

Harbinger wins pure phys
Harbinger wins Crit
Reach loses gem slot for crit chance to bring 6% up to 8% (imo)
Reach makes up phys because of no gmp penalty
Reach wins mana cost

A top notch reach really competes with a mirrored harb which means the drop rate is what really ought to be nerfed.

Please keep this item as is. I am sick of using lionglare for last 3.5 years (while I try to roll a harb all season). Maybe nerf the drop rate by 75% to keep it special.

There is other bow playstile than crit in this game (I know, amazing right ?). My hipster Avatar of Fire Elemental Overload LA Elementalist with 79% fire penetration murder absolutely EVERYTHING with Reach (I know Conflux is broken ^^).

Shh.. we don't want them to nerf this thing into the dirt but if they must, Player's worked all season to get one, the least they can do is make it legacy instead of wrekking them all.
Last edited by xxSerpentlordxx on Aug 23, 2016, 7:27:03 PM
"

A top notch reach really competes with a mirrored harb which means the drop rate is what really ought to be nerfed.

No it doesn't, not even close.

I have both (top notch reach AND mirrored harb), and with the same 6L setup (on similar geared characters):

Mirrored Harbinger: TS, FA, WED, PPAD, PtoL, GMP does around 105K
Reach of the Council: TS, FA, WED, PPAD, PtoL, Pierce (and built-in GMP) does around 75K

To all you people out there saying RotC should be nerfed because it's as good as a 300ex Harbinger, you're wrong.

It's certainly as good as a VERY good Harbinger, and probably will be cheaper in standard, but that's a good thing, isn't it?

For those of you who think I'm bullshotting:

Favourite armour? Hmmm, I forget it's name, but it's that scarlet one that whatsherface wears when she wants to look splendid.

I like Marmite.
Last edited by TúrinTurambar on Aug 24, 2016, 9:54:49 AM
^wins
POE is life. POE is ♥.
"

To all you people out there saying RotC should be nerfed because it's as good as a 300ex Harbinger, you're wrong.

It's certainly as good as a VERY good Harbinger, and probably will be cheaper in standard, but that's a good thing, isn't it?

Of course it's not as good as a Glyph Mark or Brood Twin but who really cares about those bows anymore in the actual meta. The problem with Reach is that when you get it ,that's it, the need for a better bow is gone because your only options for a real upgrade are Mirror Harbringers and even getting those will not change much with Ascendancy poweer creep.

Look at this bow, I crafted it when FM was released.

It's a good Harbringer and end game viable yet when you compare it with those Reachs that I got

It's utterly pathetic and not even worth the master mod.

Reach was a fun item to mess up with in Prophecy but by no mean it should stay in the core game as it is, especially in a league promoting the crafting of good rare items.
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 24, 2016, 10:45:18 AM
"
IceDeal wrote:
"

Of course it's not as good as a Glyph Mark or Brood Twin but who really cares about those bows anymore in the actual meta. The problem with Reach is that when you get it ,that's it, the need for a better bow is gone because your only options for a real upgrade are Mirrors Harbringer and you don't even need those anymore with Ascendancy poweer creep.

Look at this bow, I crafted it when FM was released.

It's a good harbringer and end game viable yet when you compare it with those reachs that I got

It's utterly pathetic and not even worth the master mod.

Reach was a fun item to mess up in Prophecy but by no mean it should stay in the core game as it is, especially in a league promoting the crafting of good rare items.

I fear you've missed the point of my post. I was replying to people WHO HAVE SAID that Reach is as good as a Mirrored Harbinger, when it's clearly not.

I then went on to say that Reach is as good as a 'VERY good Harbinger', and you replied by saying it wasn't because your 330dps Harbinger isn't as good. Well, your Harbinger doesn't qualify as 'VERY good', but the 440dps/8.6% crit Harbinger available on poe.trade right now (costing 12ex) does, and competes well with Reach (both on DPS and price).

Favourite armour? Hmmm, I forget it's name, but it's that scarlet one that whatsherface wears when she wants to look splendid.

I like Marmite.
Last edited by TúrinTurambar on Aug 24, 2016, 10:51:49 AM
"

I then went on to say that Reach is as good as a 'VERY good Harbinger', and you replied by saying it wasn't because your 330dps Harbinger isn't as good. Well, your Harbinger doesn't qualify as 'VERY good', but the 440dps/8.6% crit Harbinger available on poe.trade right now (costing 12ex) does, and competes well with Reach (both on DPS and price).

Reach entry price right now is around 5ex but it used to be 3ex during the league (Not like you had to buy one if you really wanted because farming the council was so easy). With just a couple of divine you could bring it to 340-350 dps range for a price inferior to 5ex (even less if you are an experienced player and took advantage of the billion 8c-6c tabula rasa sold at the beginning of the league before they nerfed the prophecy).

In prophecy right (standard is irrelevant as the bow is not available there yet) now the best Harbringer I could find cost 60ex, the price of the meta mod by himself is superior to the price required to farm reach. And that's for a 400 pdps bow.

It's a silly situation when an item you can get with less than 2 ex investment or buy for 3ex with a 1ex investment in Divine is superior to one the top crafted bow in the league.
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 24, 2016, 11:28:23 AM
IceDeal, you make some very good points. However, note that there are loads of Reaches available in standard, but they are ridiculously overpriced atm, and will be much cheaper next week. (WARNING people: don't buy a Reach in standard until next week).

Prices of Reaches in Prophecy and standard don't matter right now, it's the price they will be in standard next week that matters.

I have a feeling that good Reaches will be similarly priced as the 'VERY good' Harbingers I mentioned earlier, when thing 'settle down'.

I like Marmite.
"
"

No it doesn't, not even close.

I have both (top notch reach AND mirrored harb), and with the same 6L setup (on similar geared characters):

Mirrored Harbinger: TS, FA, WED, PPAD, PtoL, GMP does around 105K
Reach of the Council: TS, FA, WED, PPAD, PtoL, Pierce (and built-in GMP) does around 75K

For those of you who think I'm bullshotting:

Wouldn't added fire be better on reach in place of pierce? The ->6% more crit from pierce boost is a bit underwhelming imo (that's if if you have 100%). Added fire should scale higher with the weapon elemental damage as the fire scales off the physical. It is not a huge difference but brings the two comparisons closer. Of coarse maybe, you are playing a different ascendency class than myself.
Last edited by xxSerpentlordxx on Aug 24, 2016, 1:20:14 PM
"

Wouldn't added fire be better on reach in place of pierce? The ->6% more crit from pierce boost is a bit underwhelming imo (that's if if you have 100%). Added fire should scale higher with the weapon elemental damage as the fire scales off the physical. It is not a huge difference but brings the two comparisons closer. Of coarse maybe, you are playing a different ascendency class than myself.

He is probably playing with Drillneck. Pierce more dmg + the additial increase from drillneck is usually better than Added fire.
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 24, 2016, 1:27:44 PM
Of course GGG NERF IT!!! Same like you did with many other items.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info