Is Reach of the Council TOOO good?

What do you guys think? Is Reach TOOO good? Don't get me wrong, I love this thing, But when I can clear T14+ in under 3 minutes with crap gear and a 5L, it may be just a bit too powerful.
My main concern is it single-handedly kills the market for good rare harb bows.
It is also worth mentioning that this is obviously a league specific item and runs less risk of dominating the META for years to come then a core unique.

Here is a gorge map I recorded real quick showing the effectiveness of this thing with crap gear.

https://youtu.be/BZbypKekHkQ
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2016, 5:08:29 PM
No and they would be a billion more post about it via reddit and feedback forum which there isn't therefor It's not even remotely going to be touched.

Things only get nerfed if there's countless post about it aka voltaxic, So no imo it's not too good it's not too bad it's a very rare drop too so that doesn't help.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jun 14, 2016, 3:37:20 PM
That is because the streamers haven't really got on the ROTC bandwagon (I have only seen Yoji pick it up so far.) Once several streamers switch to ROTC based builds you will see the reddit uproar come.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:15:58 PM
I don't see the OP part? I do the same thing with 10c burning discharge, although I will admit that your boss clear speed is much faster than mine. Is that the OP part?

This is still like ~25% slower than voltaxic LA.
"
innervation wrote:
I don't see the OP part? I do the same thing with 10c burning discharge, although I will admit that your boss clear speed is much faster than mine. Is that the OP part?

This is still like ~25% slower than voltaxic LA.

ROTC + TS + GMP = AMAZING clear speed + AMAZING single target.

I recorded that video with crap gear, a 5L and 6/8 ascendancy and 20% MS boots (lol). I have recorded a few other maps (T13/T14) and perhaps I will upload those too, but those maps look the exact same way.

Packs die in a fraction of a second and bosses dies in less then 2 seconds. Considering how much upside my build has in terms of links, items, ascendancy and levels, this tells me the ceiling for builds based on this bow is HUGE.

Also, I am not advocating nerfs necessarily. I think that ARPG needs some elements that are totally broken and OP. My thing is, this bow cost me 2EX and performs similarly to a 20EX harbinger. I don't know...maybe they just need to be a touch rarer?
A bow that has a free GMP support without the drawback and is on par with the pdps of Lioneye's Glare......now that bow has potential. I am kinda curious what was the balance process of this internally? lol
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jun 14, 2016, 4:17:09 PM
with the best rolls, using RoTC is about the same as using a 500pdps 6% crit bow for any skill that is GMPed, except now you don't actually need gmp (which also means more effect double dipping if you have poison), not needing gmp also means 1 extra slot for another useful support gem, so yea it is a pretty darn good bow and probably can compete with mirrored bows even to a good degree for certain builds.

The lack of crit can be made up with assassin spec or crit strike gem/diamond flasks.

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
A bow that has a free GMP support without the drawback and is on par with the pdps of Lioneye's Glare......now that bow has potential. I am kinda curious what was the balance process of this internally? lol

I can't imagine they play tested this thing a whole lot and most people underplay the massive DPS boost a free GMP offers.

A free GMP equates to like 55-75% MORE damage when you factor not having a -25% plus an additional 40% gem (obviously this varies a bunch based on the support you replace GMP with.)
"
SIQI wrote:
with the best rolls, using RoTC is about the same as using a 500pdps 6% crit bow for any skill that is GMPed, except now you don't actually need gmp (which also means more effect double dipping if you have poison), not needing gmp also means 1 extra slot for another useful support gem, so yea it is a pretty darn good bow and probably can compete with mirrored bows even to a good degree for certain builds.

The lack of crit can be made up with assassin spec or crit strike gem/diamond flasks.

Exactly this, and exactly my point. Uniques should not be BIS over mirror tier rares OR if they are....they should be headhunter level rarity....which this bow will be after this league I suppose.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info