Is Reach of the Council TOOO good?

"
Are corrupted items immune to nerfs or do those get changed too?
If the change is global yes.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"

Huh? Yes they are immune to nerf or yes they get changed?
"
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"

Nothing is immune to retroactive nerfs.

Corrupted voltaxics still got gimped from 100% to 60%.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"

Global nerfs are a value override that affect every single item with the targeted mods (like what happened with leech and chaos conversion).

Considering that reach got lots of "regular" mods, the only target could be the extra arrow mod but they are other items sharing it so the chances of a global nerf are pretty low.
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 21, 2016, 8:15:20 PM
Whoops i mistyped that, i meant to say no, they arent immune or anything. As others mentioned above.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Whoops i mistyped that, i meant to say no, they arent immune or anything. As others mentioned above.

Damn, that sucks. I thought corruption locked the item up or at least was hoping. It is hard to get hyped for new items when you work all season for them and then they can get nerf slammed.

Playing phys builds, I've been using the same bow (lionglare) for like 3 years. Unless you roll a really decent harbinger which is never top end and slow , My clear speed is usually best with Glare. We finally get what phys bows needed and they want to take it away.

Maybe the nerf could be something like

(only deals physical damage, phys damage cannot be converted into other damage types)
Last edited by xxSerpentlordxx on Aug 22, 2016, 12:44:04 AM
Yes - All unique endgame weapons are fairly OP because of how hard it is to find/craft one. It will have a standard price and is nearly as good as top tier bow.

No - on hardcore because of phys reflect on an evasion/hp based character. Voltaxic is better there.
Loot Filter -- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1490867
Filter Parser -- https://github.com/ffhighwind/Path-of-Exile-Filter-Parser
Consider the low crit chance (6%) vs the 9.5% on a higher end harbinger

Harbinger wins pure phys
Harbinger wins Crit
Reach loses gem slot for crit chance to bring 6% up to 8% (imo)
Reach makes up phys because of no gmp penalty
Reach wins mana cost

A top notch reach really competes with a mirrored harb which means the drop rate is what really ought to be nerfed.

Please keep this item as is. I am sick of using lionglare for last 3.5 years (while I try to roll a harb all season). Maybe nerf the drop rate by 75% to keep it special.

Last edited by xxSerpentlordxx on Aug 23, 2016, 1:23:20 PM
Unfortunately Serpent, most of the folks who GGG listens to hate unique items with the fiery blazing fury of a million exploding suns and desire all unique items to have a quarter, at absolute best of the possible power of a half-assed five-chaos rare. Because spending a hundred hours a night grinding for the thirty exalts you need for a low/mid-tier 5L mapping bow you don't need to be ashamed of is "fun". That whole "Make Rares Great Again" idiocy.

So expect Reach to get pigf***ed to the tune of at least a hundred less pDPS, if not more. Basically, its GMP is no longer going to be 'free'. Frankly I fully expect them to outright eliminate the flat physical damage roll, turn Reach into a moderately maybe-not-shit AoE weapon with the single-target DPS of a blue driftwood wand.

The sad part? Essence crafting turns Rares into proto-Uniques with all those nonstandard available mods. Essence league will probably produce Harbingers more powerful than the universe has ever seen before, but we still gotta make sure nobody ever plays Reach again, eh?
"
Consider the low crit chance (6%) vs the 9.5% on a higher end harbinger

Harbinger wins pure phys
Harbinger wins Crit
Reach loses gem slot for crit chance to bring 6% up to 8% (imo)
Reach makes up phys because of no gmp penalty
Reach wins mana cost

A top notch reach really competes with a mirrored harb which means the drop rate is what really ought to be nerfed.

Please keep this item as is. I am sick of using lionglare for last 3.5 years (while I try to roll a harb all season). Maybe nerf the drop rate by 75% to keep it special.

There is other bow playstile than crit in this game (I know, amazing right ?). My hipster Avatar of Fire Elemental Overload LA Elementalist with 79% fire penetration murder absolutely EVERYTHING with Reach (I know Conflux is broken ^^).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info