[2.4] Chaos Wander Assassin - Fast clear, tanky, ALL map mods

"
Novalisk wrote:
Added an Atziri video.

Notes:

1. If you wanna make this build an Atziri killer, Cospri's and a pair of curse on hit gloves would do a better job than QotF+Snakebite due to boss phase downtime removing frenzy charges.

2. I made several mistakes in the video, most notably casting frost wall just once. With 3 frost walls up the damage goes up significantly.

If you do both of the above then I'd imagine the whole thing would go way smoother.

why do you selfcast FW instead of linking it with spell totem and duration?
I'll give the totem option a try, I'm mostly worried about the longer cast time and totem survivability.
I want to try this build on HC, but I don't have currency to do the added chaos on rings and amulet + i must find some good pieces in order to respec.

Currently i'm playing with LA + Blast Rain @ lvl 85. BTW, I think playing with bows it's a good alternative for leveling (LA or Split Arrow). You just need to put some phy dmg points in the tree (Like Atrophy, Heavy Draw, Deadly Draw) and after you can respec. For bows, you can go with this: Silverbranch, Roth's Reach, Death's Harp, Infractem, Lioneye's. Each bow should not cost more than 1 alc/fuse. Also it would be good to have some phy dmg rings and maybe Atziri's Foible amulet.

Thanks for the build. Can't wait to do the respec, just waiting for some currency to do the enchant on rings/ammy.

Regards!

LE: I have this wand prepared, do you think it's ok?

Last edited by joint77 on Jun 26, 2016, 9:43:58 AM
Yeah it's a solid wand.

As for leveling with bows, yeah it would work. The only problem is that it requires more respec points but the build doesn't use respec points that much anyway. Caustic Arrow might be worth looking into.

Silverbranch into Silverbough into Obliteration into Chaos Wand would make a neat transition.
Last edited by Novalisk on Jun 26, 2016, 11:14:49 AM
What do you think about Jewels?

I have Increased Chaos Damage Jews. I feel like it would be better than Projectile Damage?
Chaos is probably better (not sure if the KB explosions use projectile damage to calculate poison) but more expensive to get.

I'd rate jewels like this:

Must have: Life

Very important: Damage increases that double-dip (Projectile Damage, Chaos Damage, Increased Damage)

Important: Resists, Damage increases that don't double-dip (Attack Speed, Damage over Time, Crit)
A question, why do you say that it is better to cast more frost wall?

What is the purpose of using spell echo with frost wall?
More frost walls hit means more kinetic blast explosions basically. Spell Echo gives you two frost walls. Casting frost wall with spell echo 3 times gives you 6 frost walls.
I really like the build so far, wrecks through maps. But I'm wondering how this build can scale in the lategame as soon as you have the core items aswell as a Chaos dmg wand? I mean it's not a physical wander where you can always gamble or buy better wands. I'm stuck on 13k tooltip on kinetic blast with charges.

Any suggestions?
"
Novalisk wrote:
More frost walls hit means more kinetic blast explosions basically. Spell Echo gives you two frost walls. Casting frost wall with spell echo 3 times gives you 6 frost walls.

I see. I'm at lv75 and got the normal and cruel lab points. I'll try the merciless lab soon.

I noticed some kind of problems:
1) Life regen. I can't sustain blood rage, there aren't points on life regen in that part of the tree, just something like 2.6%. In vulnerability maps, life goes down so fast with blood rage up.

2) Chaos resist monsters. I'm having rough time with those monsters. I know i have only 11k dps with 5pc and 4 frenzy, but... the problem is that if the fight doesnt end in 0.1 secs, like against beyond rare monsters, i lose those frenzy charges which gives so much damage boost.

3) Acc rating and intelligence is a big problem for this build. I managed to solve them, but.. This is something you should warn people in the op post. That part of the tree doesn't give you int points (for the wand you need 179 int, which is very high).
Also, using so many unique items, makes harder to balance resist and be near to a positive chaos resist. The lack of life regen here doesn't help at all. Though, I need to take the life leech points still.

I was wandering. If there is the Toxic delivery notable, why using Snakebites? I mean, poison is useful only against rare/unique enemies, because only them have high life. I know that the mechanic of toxic delivery is something cluncky, but the KB skill with frostwall should make a piece of cake to hit a monster at least 4 times in order to trigger all those status.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info