[2.4] Chaos Wander Assassin - Fast clear, tanky, ALL map mods

"
Serge91 wrote:

1) Life regen. I can't sustain blood rage, there aren't points on life regen in that part of the tree, just something like 2.6%. In vulnerability maps, life goes down so fast with blood rage up.

Stone Golem, Toxic Delivery (10% reduced damage from DoT's), leech, flasks as well as staying on the move make blood rage on vuln maps and no-regen maps not an issue for me. Worst case scenario you can't find mobs to leech from and you TP out.

Once you get the life leech node this shouldn't be an issue.

"
2) Chaos resist monsters. I'm having rough time with those monsters. I know i have only 11k dps with 5pc and 4 frenzy, but... the problem is that if the fight doesnt end in 0.1 secs, like against beyond rare monsters, i lose those frenzy charges which gives so much damage boost.

For frenzy charges, just remember to fire off frenzy once in a while in lengthy boss fights.

"
3) Acc rating and intelligence is a big problem for this build. I managed to solve them, but.. This is something you should warn people in the op post. That part of the tree doesn't give you int points (for the wand you need 179 int, which is very high).
Also, using so many unique items, makes harder to balance resist and be near to a positive chaos resist.

Accuracy rating is actually actually pretty high thanks to snakebite, at 90% increased accuracy. We're also on the dex side of the tree which naturally adds base accuracy, so we don't need that much. As for Int, we need about +75 int from gear which is manageable. Between those 3 rare jewelry slots (two rings and an amulet) you shouldn't have a too difficult time getting accuracy and int.

"
I was wandering. If there is the Toxic delivery notable, why using Snakebites? I mean, poison is useful only against rare/unique enemies, because only them have high life. I know that the mechanic of toxic delivery is something cluncky, but the KB skill with frostwall should make a piece of cake to hit a monster at least 4 times in order to trigger all those status.

Noxious Strike doesn't come close to guaranteeing poison. And since we wanna maximize our one-shot potential for regular mobs a way to guarantee poison is important, especially with Toxic Delivery making it so strong.
Last edited by Novalisk on Jun 29, 2016, 4:06:57 AM
Yeah of course i use Ston golem but it dies so fast and so often...
Any videos of higher level content? Uber Lab, or maybe T13,14,15 maps? Build looks amazing, ty
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
As requested, added an Uber Lab video.
Hey!
Love the build. I'm running it right now and I found that if I could get past the randomness of vaal orbs I could use hungry abyss and greatly increase the reliability of leech. I'm still using the mana leech node but with blood rage 1.6% chaos dmg leech is pretty gross. I also vaal'd extra frenzy charge onto my amulet so I was able to spec out of a charge node.
Never noticed a need for more leech. Since we're a ranged character that doesn't care about reflect and doesn't use vaal pact, the 0.8% leech from the tree is enough IMO. I doubt the extra life leech is worth getting all that vaal gear and losing a jewel slot. However I do love toying with vague uniques like Hungry Abyss so kudos on that interesting idea!

I wouldn't spec out of the frenzy charge node since it's a nice chunk of damage. The duration node before it is also quite nice due to snakebite.
Can someone explain how the Helm enchants for KB work?
Is the 75 % change for additional explosion just like 4,75 explosions?
And how does the one with 40 % KB damage scale ? is it 40 % on top of everything or like 40 % increased phys dmg?
Last edited by Velgor on Jun 30, 2016, 5:04:53 PM
"
Velgor wrote:
Can someone explain how the Helm enchants for KB work?
Is the 75 % change for additional explosion just like 4,75 explosions?
And how does the one with 40 % KB damage scale ? is it 40 % on top of everything or like 40 % increased phys dmg?

It's 4.75 as you said.

40% increased KB damage is just like all other increased modifiers, not a More modifier. Since it's increased damage (and not increased attack damage or physical damage), it double-dips and may be better than the additional explosions enchant.
Last edited by Novalisk on Jul 1, 2016, 3:34:00 AM
Could you show KB buffed unbuffed stats, with your Chaos wand and a decently rolled Obliteration?
Last edited by Velgor on Jul 1, 2016, 8:29:53 AM
"
Velgor wrote:
Could you show KB buffed unbuffed stats, with your Chaos wand and a decently rolled Obliteration?

Obliteration+Shield

Two Obliterations

Chaos Wand+Shield

With 5 power charges, 5 frenzy charges, and blood rage.

Used these to compare:

Last edited by Novalisk on Jul 1, 2016, 9:29:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info