Hardcore lvl 87 - Mullet's EK Tanky Mofo Guide [REVISED...AGAIN] - now with conduit

"
Lachis wrote:
Your mana regen is good enough because you have too many es nodes :P

Life on hit doesn't work with spells. But rememebr you can only leech 20% of your maximum life in 1 hit. So it scales better with more life you get. Keep that in mind for your future attack base builds. If you are hitting multiple targets and dont have a large life pool then use life on hit.

they are ES and armour nodes !
MulletMoustache - GMT timezone
"
waffenheimer wrote:
"
kudos888 wrote:

I could use blood magic gem with grace I suppose if I was really struggling on mana
- but my mana regen is fine

In terms of the blood magic passive....
....... I run 5 auras including a 40% (determination) and 30% (hatred).....
Therefore if I went blood magic...
..... I would reserve about 80-90% of my life...
So instead of 5.7k currently, I would have 1.1k Hp
= welcome to scrubcore

Mullet

one thing I'm running into problems with is maintaining auras.. I noticed you only have 1 piece of gear with ES on it, but your rings give a lot of mana.. how much unreserved mana are you comfortable with this build?? what's your mana regen /second at?

i'm lvl 54 right now and can only maintain clarity + discipline + hatred. if I add determination (don't have the slots yet to reduce mana on it) i'm down to like 140 mana.

I guess it's cause I don't have prestigitation yet? i'm working towards that now. does that lower skill cost node on the way reduce aura costs??

have a look at the pic on the front page....

The reduced mana cost doesnt work for auras.
"
kudos888 wrote:

have a look at the pic on the front page....

The reduced mana cost doesnt work for auras.

oh hey, i didn't see it lurking there behind the bear trap. ok so I just need more mana... it's all starting to make sense to me!

instead of faster casting on my bear trap I put Increased rarity and I try to lasthit bosses with it for a fun minigame.

still loving this build :D
Last edited by waffenheimer on Feb 22, 2013, 10:30:31 PM
Wondering if which build would be better for survivability: Lachis's or Kudos?
"
Darksunne wrote:

Personally I prefer Kudos', I really like the Templar passives and the massive buffs to shields that lets me drop an Armor/ES shield with high resists for a pure armor shield.

The only real scary thing about any EK build is phys reflect mobs/maps. The thing about those things, though, is they're easily dealt with if you know what you're doing. For example, I personally support EK with Fork, Added Fire, Mana Leech, and Iron Will. In my experience this outputs a lot more AoE DPS than Kudos' suggested supports for EK. However, this is much more susceptible to Phys Reflect mobs. Fork means I'm hitting them more time, Fire and Iron will means I'm hitting them harder as well. The smart thing about Kudos' build is that it doesn't focus on Critical Strikes, this means you aren't going to crit yourself to death. So you can throw an EK at the group with Granite up and if your HP dives you know you have to change your gems out. Run away and do just that. I'd swap Iron Will for Life Leech and if that wasn't enough I'd swap Fork for Faster Projectiles and I've resolved any problems I might have with phys reflect. PErsonally, I know when I can handle a pack of phys reflect mobs and which supports to switch out when needed. It's no real issue once you've got the hang of it.
"
BEWBTUBE wrote:
"
Darksunne wrote:

Personally I prefer Kudos', I really like the Templar passives and the massive buffs to shields that lets me drop an Armor/ES shield with high resists for a pure armor shield.

The only real scary thing about any EK build is phys reflect mobs/maps. The thing about those things, though, is they're easily dealt with if you know what you're doing. For example, I personally support EK with Fork, Added Fire, Mana Leech, and Iron Will. In my experience this outputs a lot more AoE DPS than Kudos' suggested supports for EK. However, this is much more susceptible to Phys Reflect mobs. Fork means I'm hitting them more time, Fire and Iron will means I'm hitting them harder as well. The smart thing about Kudos' build is that it doesn't focus on Critical Strikes, this means you aren't going to crit yourself to death. So you can throw an EK at the group with Granite up and if your HP dives you know you have to change your gems out. Run away and do just that. I'd swap Iron Will for Life Leech and if that wasn't enough I'd swap Fork for Faster Projectiles and I've resolved any problems I might have with phys reflect. PErsonally, I know when I can handle a pack of phys reflect mobs and which supports to switch out when needed. It's no real issue once you've got the hang of it.

Makes a lot of sense to me - if its your way, just gotta be very mindful of them reflect packs.
My way allows you to shoot into reflect packs with ease - sometimes i don't realise they are reflect until after the 3rd/4th shot (because im tired).
Gives you less room for error.
so u wasted plenty of points to get EB and %es nodes but dont use any ES items Oo
IGN Crakk
Last edited by maryn on Feb 24, 2013, 2:32:50 PM
"
maryn wrote:
so u wasted plenty of points to get EB and %es nodes but dont use any ES items Oo

only need to use 1 item for the ES. Do u see the boots? are they not ES?

mana regen fine so can use armour items for rest of gear.

i get those nodes for armor, the es is jus a bonus + gives all res.

do u have any suggestions or jus trolling and dont know how to read?
Last edited by kudos888 on Feb 24, 2013, 2:57:16 PM
"
kudos888 wrote:
"
maryn wrote:

only need to use 1 item for the ES. Do u see the boots? are they not ES?

mana regen fine so can use armour items for rest of gear.

i get those nodes for armor, the es is jus a bonus + gives all res.

do u have any suggestions or jus trolling and dont know how to read?

+1 got to love trolls. They be silly.
Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!
Thanks Kudos, very good guide! +9000

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info