Hardcore lvl 87 - Mullet's EK Tanky Mofo Guide [REVISED...AGAIN] - now with conduit

updated, with a pic of the ideal mullet and moustache.....respect
MulletMoustache - GMT timezone
Last edited by kudos888 on Feb 21, 2013, 9:48:37 PM
"
kudos888 wrote:
"
Lachis wrote:

Snipped

You mean a build something like this?
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBVysHY3NTwFR5Awj0i3qnK-L3O-FtGcHzoqN_xoIe2wsnqVptJDynXElR37CSwY6-ES18g2KsoW3Wnc36uJMMfRB_xp7r7ij6gsdBh3q4bPauk6ZXOuGI8bXyqW5N46xZ_o94Db6KAdwb-iXfpBmE2Ud-q8UUUmVN4uphIYTvdO1672BLBS1AoO9OKLVgiFWpl7SsuuHaYVKfyyFgdPGeuRjbQ5wOrSmlW6_dDfzFZ6CHdkp9MYgs6cS41fg=

Yes i could go this route, but like you say i cant get them shield nodes and would limit myself to a well rolled hybrid ES shield - im lovin the lioneyes remorse too much atm - really helps for machine gun tentacle bitches.

Acceleration is for the +20 dex, not the attack speed.

I do physical reflect packs no probs, lvl 84 now, but i dont use fork or chain.

I haven't killed myself yet, and the life leech is fine for reflect packs.

With that story of one shotting yourself, in a 6L i would prolly just add iron will and faster casting.

Im in the process of getting a high quality EK, added fire, iron will, bear traps, culling strike - but im poor - sank all my currency into trying to make a 5L with no success.

Considering your build suggestions and my current build, i would need something between 60-100 regret orbs to respec it. I don't have that kind of currency.

What do you think?

Yeah you can't respec, I'm just giving a different approach. The build I'm talking about is below. I can see going into the Templar tree for the shield nodes if you know you are getting a lioneyes but a hybrid shield with my build works to your advantage. Also I had 2.2k dps with chain and no dmg talents :(. The kill speed without chain isn't as fast but if you are just trying to stay alive I guess it doesn't really matter which direction you go. Both accomplish the same thing just different styles.

Build
Last edited by Lachis on Feb 22, 2013, 2:00:37 AM
Lachis you pick up all that strength but don't think it's worth the 2 points to get Iron Grip??

it seems silly and a little sad that there is this whole giant tree of options.. but many of the "successful" or "efficient" builds just end up being "how can I get all the life nodes and some resists on the way to 2 or 3 key outer ring passives and ignore everything else"

that being said I'm loosely following the mullet man on my 2nd character and I'm far hardier than my first trainwreck of mistakes. my reists are suffering cause I didn't do the shield nodes first, and am using a few meh magic items just because they are 4L. something feels a bit binary with the build so far. either my health barely moves, or it drops like a rock in a second. most of the time it feels great getting up in peoples faces and spewing arrows out of my shield.
Last edited by waffenheimer on Feb 22, 2013, 3:03:48 AM
"
waffenheimer wrote:
Lachis you pick up all that strength but don't think it's worth the 2 points to get Iron Grip??

it seems silly and a little sad that there is this whole giant tree of options.. but many of the "successful" or "efficient" builds just end up being "how can I get all the life nodes and some resists on the way to 2 or 3 key outer ring passives and ignore everything else"

that being said I'm loosely following the mullet man on my 2nd character and I'm far hardier than my first trainwreck of mistakes. my reists are suffering cause I didn't do the shield nodes first, and am using a few meh magic items just because they are 4L. something feels a bit binary with the build so far. either my health barely moves, or it drops like a rock in a second. most of the time it feels great getting up in peoples faces and spewing arrows out of my shield.

Iron grip doesn't affect spell dmg, only "projectile attacks"

Ek is a projectile "spell"

In terms of feeling silly jus going for survivability nodes, if you play hc u don't want to die especially because mobs tend to hit harder now compared to closed beta. Weird and wonderful builds going all over the skill tree and more Dps orientated are really just for people who play scrubcore (why would anyone want to play that.....)

Ive started using enduring cry also which will help you when you are in man mode, up in packs of mobs faces.

Mullet
"
Khandam wrote:
I see, is life leech better than life on hit? And why.
Also, would you ever consider speccing out of mana regen and going for a blood magic gem or the node itself? Or is the build just as stable as it is right now, haven't really played a witch before, hence the question :P

Life leech > life on hit for this build
1. Cuz u don't hit as many mobs (don't have chain or fork) - fewer mobs hit = less life on hit
2. Conversely u hit fewer mobs but deal a lot more dmg to each individual mob

I could use blood magic gem with grace I suppose if I was really struggling on mana
- but my mana regen is fine

In terms of the blood magic passive....
....... I run 5 auras including a 40% (determination) and 30% (hatred).....
Therefore if I went blood magic...
..... I would reserve about 80-90% of my life...
So instead of 5.7k currently, I would have 1.1k Hp
= welcome to scrubcore

Mullet
amazing witch. :)
"
kudos888 wrote:
"
Khandam wrote:
I see, is life leech better than life on hit? And why.
Also, would you ever consider speccing out of mana regen and going for a blood magic gem or the node itself? Or is the build just as stable as it is right now, haven't really played a witch before, hence the question :P

Life leech > life on hit for this build
1. Cuz u don't hit as many mobs (don't have chain or fork) - fewer mobs hit = less life on hit
2. Conversely u hit fewer mobs but deal a lot more dmg to each individual mob

I could use blood magic gem with grace I suppose if I was really struggling on mana

= welcome to scrubcore

Mullet

Also, to add to that, Life on Hit doesn't work on spells. :)
Nice guide
I was building a tanky charger witch, but charger locks up in the running animation and almost got me killed a couple times. She was only 48 so I decided to keep her tank but switched to EK and bear traps. Took forever to lvl up the gems, but she is doing good damage now and a ton of fun.
passive tree is close to what you got.
Your mana regen is good enough because you have too many es nodes :P

Life on hit doesn't work with spells. But rememebr you can only leech 20% of your maximum life in 1 hit. So it scales better with more life you get. Keep that in mind for your future attack base builds. If you are hitting multiple targets and dont have a large life pool then use life on hit.
"
kudos888 wrote:

= welcome to scrubcore

Mullet

one thing I'm running into problems with is maintaining auras.. I noticed you only have 1 piece of gear with ES on it, but your rings give a lot of mana.. how much unreserved mana are you comfortable with this build?? what's your mana regen /second at?

i'm lvl 54 right now and can only maintain clarity + discipline + hatred. if I add determination (don't have the slots yet to reduce mana on it) i'm down to like 140 mana.

I guess it's cause I don't have prestigitation yet? i'm working towards that now. does that lower skill cost node on the way reduce aura costs??
Last edited by waffenheimer on Feb 22, 2013, 6:12:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info