Hardcore lvl 87 - Mullet's EK Tanky Mofo Guide [REVISED...AGAIN] - now with conduit

My only question is do you think it's safe to get EB before Vaal in Cruel? I ask because in my experience with EB builds is that you don't want to touch EB until you've gotten 2-2.5k HP and if you aren't close to that Vaal is just gonna get that one laser on you and you're done.
"
BEWBTUBE wrote:
My only question is do you think it's safe to get EB before Vaal in Cruel? I ask because in my experience with EB builds is that you don't want to touch EB until you've gotten 2-2.5k HP and if you aren't close to that Vaal is just gonna get that one laser on you and you're done.

I think i took it pretty early like in the 30's.

I had no problem.

But there's no harm in taking it later if you dont feel your defences are in order.

MulletMoustache - GMT timezone
Hey, I really like this build, but everyone tells me that this is the most dangerous, mainly because of physical reflect mobs that are more common compared to elemental reflect, is this true?
"
Khandam wrote:
Hey, I really like this build, but everyone tells me that this is the most dangerous, mainly because of physical reflect mobs that are more common compared to elemental reflect, is this true?

physical reflect not as common as ele reflect.

But thats why u get so much armour. Suvive reflect mobs easy, u got life leech on your ek - gg
I see, is life leech better than life on hit? And why.
Also, would you ever consider speccing out of mana regen and going for a blood magic gem or the node itself? Or is the build just as stable as it is right now, haven't really played a witch before, hence the question :P
This is the second build I've seen that goes into the templar tree. But this one also goes into the shadow tree. The problem with these builds is that there are some wasted points. And I don't want to sound too picky or anything but there are a few things about an EK build that people should know.

1: As you level discipline you will have enough mana to run your auras so no extra es nodes are needed. If anything I would wear 1 or 2 hybrid pieces if I was desperate. If I was super desperate I would blood magic grace and try to run determ and purity/haste.

2: Your main source of DPS increase will be the leveling of your gems and secondly the quality of the gems you use. With that in mind you should really concentrate on getting quality EK, Quality Iron will (i will explain why in a sec), Quality Fork/Chain, Quality Traps, Quality Culling Strike, And Quality Added Fire. You don't need to use faster proj but if you do it should be quality.

3. Physical reflect.... WILL KILL YOU. With this in mind, plus given point #2, I feel like spl dmg nodes and projectile speed nodes are not only overkill, they are literally deadly. For example. I one shotted myself taking 0 + dmg nodes with a Chained 2.2k dps EK. I had 68% reduction and I had life leech and I even popped my granite after the first mob I hit for 77% reduction and the chain killed me anyway.

4. The point I made in #3 and 2 applies to cast speed also. In terms of EK quality gems and Iron will leveled will be enough cast speed to keep you alive and not suicide yourself. The whole point is in party play and solo you don't want to waste currency on physical reflect maps to reroll them.

With these points in mind I stronyl suggest diving into the duelist tree and getting unwavering stance and Iron reflexes. For the same points and with the points above you will do the same amount of dmg because you will have anywhere from 30-60+ more str and you are using Iron Will, you will have more armor with iron reflexes AND wont be stunned by chargers, you will have a smidge more life (something like 8% or 12% not sure).

You will still probably kill yourself because I did at lvl 78 and I was tankier than the build you are showing here but I think you will get more bang for your buck down there past level 85 as well.

The point I think are a HUGE waste are Acceleration and projectile dmg,(as you say "it doesn't affect bear trap" nor does attack speed do anything for you), Crit chance and crit multi (HUGE no-nos on suprise reflectors).

I do wish the shield nodes were down there, those nodes are amazing. You are pretty much limited to a well rolled armor shield with resists if you go to the duelist tree. But thats the build :)
"
Lachis wrote:
This is the second build I've seen that goes into the templar tree. But this one also goes into the shadow tree. The problem with these builds is that there are some wasted points. And I don't want to sound too picky or anything but there are a few things about an EK build that people should know.

1: As you level discipline you will have enough mana to run your auras so no extra es nodes are needed. If anything I would wear 1 or 2 hybrid pieces if I was desperate. If I was super desperate I would blood magic grace and try to run determ and purity/haste.

2: Your main source of DPS increase will be the leveling of your gems and secondly the quality of the gems you use. With that in mind you should really concentrate on getting quality EK, Quality Iron will (i will explain why in a sec), Quality Fork/Chain, Quality Traps, Quality Culling Strike, And Quality Added Fire. You don't need to use faster proj but if you do it should be quality.

3. Physical reflect.... WILL KILL YOU. With this in mind, plus given point #2, I feel like spl dmg nodes and projectile speed nodes are not only overkill, they are literally deadly. For example. I one shotted myself taking 0 + dmg nodes with a Chained 2.2k dps EK. I had 68% reduction and I had life leech and I even popped my granite after the first mob I hit for 77% reduction and the chain killed me anyway.

4. The point I made in #3 and 2 applies to cast speed also. In terms of EK quality gems and Iron will leveled will be enough cast speed to keep you alive and not suicide yourself. The whole point is in party play and solo you don't want to waste currency on physical reflect maps to reroll them.

With these points in mind I stronyl suggest diving into the duelist tree and getting unwavering stance and Iron reflexes. For the same points and with the points above you will do the same amount of dmg because you will have anywhere from 30-60+ more str and you are using Iron Will, you will have more armor with iron reflexes AND wont be stunned by chargers, you will have a smidge more life (something like 8% or 12% not sure).

You will still probably kill yourself because I did at lvl 78 and I was tankier than the build you are showing here but I think you will get more bang for your buck down there past level 85 as well.

The point I think are a HUGE waste are Acceleration and projectile dmg,(as you say "it doesn't affect bear trap" nor does attack speed do anything for you), Crit chance and crit multi (HUGE no-nos on suprise reflectors).

I do wish the shield nodes were down there, those nodes are amazing. You are pretty much limited to a well rolled armor shield with resists if you go to the duelist tree. But thats the build :)

You mean a build something like this?
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBVysHY3NTwFR5Awj0i3qnK-L3O-FtGcHzoqN_xoIe2wsnqVptJDynXElR37CSwY6-ES18g2KsoW3Wnc36uJMMfRB_xp7r7ij6gsdBh3q4bPauk6ZXOuGI8bXyqW5N46xZ_o94Db6KAdwb-iXfpBmE2Ud-q8UUUmVN4uphIYTvdO1672BLBS1AoO9OKLVgiFWpl7SsuuHaYVKfyyFgdPGeuRjbQ5wOrSmlW6_dDfzFZ6CHdkp9MYgs6cS41fg=

Yes i could go this route, but like you say i cant get them shield nodes and would limit myself to a well rolled hybrid ES shield - im lovin the lioneyes remorse too much atm - really helps for machine gun tentacle bitches.

Acceleration is for the +20 dex, not the attack speed.

I do physical reflect packs no probs, lvl 84 now, but i dont use fork or chain.

I haven't killed myself yet, and the life leech is fine for reflect packs.

With that story of one shotting yourself, in a 6L i would prolly just add iron will and faster casting.

Im in the process of getting a high quality EK, added fire, iron will, bear traps, culling strike - but im poor - sank all my currency into trying to make a 5L with no success.

Considering your build suggestions and my current build, i would need something between 60-100 regret orbs to respec it. I don't have that kind of currency.

What do you think?
I think the only time Reflect Mobs end up killing the caster, is when they have Chain or culling on their skill.

With 'single use' skills (not chained or culled) there is not enough 'insta-dps' reflect going on. Where all your DPS has the leech, the culling and chain does not. (This may be updated in a later patch, but I believe that chain and culling don't actually leech the damage back, just the first hit, so the chain/culling reflects their damage without the leech.)

So you should be fine since you don't run the additional gems. At least that is how I see those skills working.
Thank you so much for adding the leveling guide. It will help me out so much!
IGN: XinderHC
"
TheOppan wrote:
Is there an obvious reason that i didnt notice that you dont just play Marauder ?

Maybe because these games are most fun when playing unusual builds, and making them work.

Also some people like to make theme based builds/characters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info