Hardcore lvl 87 - Mullet's EK Tanky Mofo Guide [REVISED...AGAIN] - now with conduit

I see you are using Faster Casting on your traps. From what i have heard, i does not work, even though the tooltip says so. So i would suggest to use culling strikes instead.
I am making something like this myself, just as a templar, so looking around to see what other EK guys do.
Last edited by Nvar on Feb 25, 2013, 5:15:40 AM
"
Nvar wrote:
I see you are using Faster Casting on your traps. From what i have heard, i does not work, even though the tooltip says so. So i would suggest to use culling strikes instead.
I am making something like this myself, just as a templar, so looking around to see what other EK guys do.

Ya I have started using culling strike instead of faster casting on my bear traps.
I do think it is more effective. Culling striking a boss is cool :)

Quality culling strike also adds cast speed so jus trying to find one now.
MulletMoustache - GMT timezone
"
kudos888 wrote:
Ya I have started using culling strike instead of faster casting on my bear traps.
I do think it is more effective. Culling striking a boss is cool :)

Quality culling strike also adds cast speed so jus trying to find one now.

The Trap Laying Speed passive will reduce the casting cost of laying traps.
I put culling strike + rarity on my skeletons cause i'm lazy. if I could find a 5l or 6l i'd just put it on EK. lvl 65 and farming the merc docks like cake. this build is great :D

-44 chaos resist keeps life interesting!

what do you think of using the mangate belt for +25% phys damage?? seems like it'd be pretty boss. it works for EK right? it doesn't say phys atk dmg... just phys dmg.
I realize a lot of people ask this and I am sorry for being one of them but I am fairly new to POE and do not have the currency nor items to make some of the more retardedly OP builds :/ but is this build easy to set up as a new player with limited currency for items and the like? looks cool and would love to try it is all I am saying :).
"
waffenheimer wrote:
I put culling strike + rarity on my skeletons cause i'm lazy. if I could find a 5l or 6l i'd just put it on EK. lvl 65 and farming the merc docks like cake. this build is great :D

-44 chaos resist keeps life interesting!

what do you think of using the mangate belt for +25% phys damage?? seems like it'd be pretty boss. it works for EK right? it doesn't say phys atk dmg... just phys dmg.

Yea it works.

Magnate belt + ezomyte peak helm are awesome for increasing your ek/bear trap dps.

However, both items have no res and hardly any life.

So its a tradeoff between dps and survivability.

I like surviving :)
Last edited by kudos888 on Feb 25, 2013, 9:08:50 PM
"
No_Recoil wrote:
I realize a lot of people ask this and I am sorry for being one of them but I am fairly new to POE and do not have the currency nor items to make some of the more retardedly OP builds :/ but is this build easy to set up as a new player with limited currency for items and the like? looks cool and would love to try it is all I am saying :).

I started this build from 0 currency as my first character in open beta.

Your most important gems are easy to get

EK - witch glyph wall normal
bear traps - shadow glyph wall normal
discipline/ clarity/ purity - witch quest rewards

The others u need to trade for but r pretty cheap

Its not a gear intensive build.

Most of your dps comes from lvling the gems, rather than the gear.

I would say its a cheap, good main starting character.
Last edited by kudos888 on Feb 25, 2013, 11:46:39 PM
Sweet deal! thanks for the fast reply to this :D I shall start at once ^^b ty.
Updated, revised build + ninja stars ..OP
Nice build. Still would go IR and unwavering though :). You can get the shield nodes and 1 body and soul node before lvl 90 too. You are goig to have enough mana to run purity and determ...wich will give you + max resists. My hp pool is larger so my smaller regen actually is a bit improved. Overall only difference is armor. Keep working at it!
Last edited by Lachis on Feb 27, 2013, 5:55:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info