Auction House (or whatever...)

ppl arguing for days/weeks/months/yrs. GGG are you gonna do something about it? This is ridiculous. Yes or No. So simple as that.
Wherever you go people want EASIER trade.
There is no business where trading is detrimental to the consumers.

Somehow in path of exile, people convinced themselves that an auction house is a bad thing.
They seem to always bring up Real Money Auction House as an example why an AH is a bad thing.

This is utter nonsense and the only explanation for the lack of an auction house is the lack of resources to create it.

poe.trade is an auction house.. but an auction house that is not available to everyone in the same measure.
Some people browse and buy items there. Some people write scripts. Some people have direct access to the database and can perform various advanced functions like data mining for trends.

Yet, somehow that is fine, and a WoW style auction house is demonized...
Imagine if someone posted low price for an item in an AH so he can drive the prices lower... boom you buy his item :D see you later :D

You actually have to sell your finds for cheap to influence the market, and not PRETEND you are selling your item for cheap.

Apparently, people love the system where you hit a mute trader half the time.

Auction House is a modern invention that works and improves the trading process and people here somehow think that they know better :D

Yeah, lets haggle like in the olden golden days! Especially when i cant look the trader in the face so i actually can gauge the person to influence the haggle. Yeah, lets have a system where i have to do a rain dance to actually have a response from a person that has his item listed, but is busy.

People are confusing. I do not get this.
We already have an Auction House , it's third party not controlled by the game developers in any way shape or form and everything is just fine .

No wonder why people don't stay around to play more .
R.I.P 4.B.
Last edited by tryhardgg on Jun 13, 2016, 7:50:50 PM
"
mazul wrote:
"
You think you do but you don't. Sitting for hours mashing refresh on an item you want only to have it snatched by people using iilegal scripts is the worst. Anyone that has played a sandbox MMO knows these feels. Black desert was the worst.

How is that possible? Are you saying that there are no such items available on the auction house at any price? Or are you saying that you can't get underpriced ones because the bots will snatch them faster than you do to resell?

How, you ask?
BOTS. SCRIPTS. TONS OF THOSE.
Read this thread for example ("scripts" for poe.trade) http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1682682
And there are already couple of such threads where people complaining about "20+ instant PMs after item price designation in premium tab"

Completely automated "AH" where you'll be able to buy even from an offline player(s) would ruin the game (any game, basically).

P.S. and can you please f***ing stop calling poe.trade an AUCTION HOUSE.
That's just a trade forum(s) PARSER with a convenient listing of search results.
You can't bid for an item through poe.trade nor buy directly from the site with 1 click ON THE SITE.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Last edited by HarukaTeno on Jun 14, 2016, 3:33:00 AM
"
HarukaTeno wrote:

Completely automated "AH" where you'll be able to buy even from an offline player(s) would ruin the game (any game, basically).

I'm fine with you saying this, even though I highly disagree. But I would like you to qualify your argument with something meaningful to justify your position. Even if it is just a reference to one of your former posts ;). I can't be bothered to look through the thread, or one of the numerous auction house threads (this is an old debate) to see if you explained your position earlier.
"
_Emperor_ wrote:
Wherever you go people want EASIER trade.
There is no business where trading is detrimental to the consumers.

Somehow in path of exile, people convinced themselves that an auction house is a bad thing.
They seem to always bring up Real Money Auction House as an example why an AH is a bad thing.

This is utter nonsense and the only explanation for the lack of an auction house is the lack of resources to create it.

Did you notice that D3, arguably a PoE-like game, killed both its RMAH _and_ basic AH ? The very same AH that was one of the major selling points of the game before release. Did you wonder why they did that ?
Dawnz i'm agree with you on that but you have to consider D3 didn't invented AH and there are A LOT OF WAYS to fill the gap we have in PoE without the need of an AH. ( add to that some auction house actualy work in some others games but yeah not any like PoE or Diablo 3 ofc ).

Trade stash tabs has been the biggest move in GGG history at first week reddit statistics pointed 90% of userbase was actualy using them.

Beeing able to trade without coming back to hideout / switching league would be honestly the next more than wanted improvement i could see in PoE ( without removing the whisper contact and no offline trading ).

Items listed disabled when you are afk aswell.
And then last thing that could be ultra useful would be an ingame message notification when someone pm you on forum.

I don't think GGG would go more far than that it's not in their interest but adding that would be a great life improvement already :)
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jun 14, 2016, 8:52:44 AM
I'm ok with these propositions. Like I said, every QoL improvements to trading is good except offline/automatic trading. As long as human interaction is necessary, even as basic as a poe.xyz copy paste and "ty", it's fine by me.
"
ghoulavenger wrote:
"
HarukaTeno wrote:

I'm fine with you saying this, even though I highly disagree. But I would like you to qualify your argument with something meaningful to justify your position. Even if it is just a reference to one of your former posts ;). I can't be bothered to look through the thread, or one of the numerous auction house threads (this is an old debate) to see if you explained your position earlier.

Bots, scripts, auto-buy-out OUT OF GAME (yes, there are bots & scripts which can operate in AH without client being logged in), from people who are offline with a lightspeed.
And then either market manipulations takes place or ordinary flipping. Simple as that.

If you really can't see how disastrous this (automated AH) will be (and if you really aren't playing fool here with questions like "why will this be bad?")- i can't help you.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
I'm a fan of Hideout Vendors. People can visit your hideout and buy items from the vendor without you needing to be explicitly be there. Hideout is only accessible when you're online, as are the items on the vendor only listed in the in-game searchable database.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info