Auction House (or whatever...)

"
Aikeen86 wrote:
I hope GGG does not destroy the Econmy of the game just to serve a few lazy Players, who are not able to contact and talk with other Players. Is it really that hard to make exactly 4 clicks? (click your poe.trade favourite in browser bar, type in the name of the item, click search and then click "copy message to clipboard") Is that really that hard? Honestly i don't get why People are crying so much and want to have nearly no efford in a game. Why not watching a streamer? There you do not even have to move your mouse.

Well I can see improvements.

If I have an item I want to sell for 10c, wouldn't it be much easier to list it somewhere for 10c and so anyone who sees it can buy it instantly, and they get item delivered and I get my 10c.

This way if i'm not online they can still get it, and don't have to message 10 people to find one online.

Really no downside to doing it that way and keeping it all in the game.

I'd take it a step farther and say if they wanted to they can have say default 20 items listed and thru RMT sell extra slots for revenue.
Last edited by Brian9824 on Jun 10, 2016, 11:27:19 AM
And exactly that is the case. No it is not better if they can automatically buy it or if they can buy it when iam offline. In nearly every game with an Automatically AH it is way to easy to get rich. Yes of course you can flip items now, but there is no decent way to stop flipping, but playing the AH does even my 12 yo Cousin in WoW, Final Fantasy 14 and BDO, because it is easy and simple as fuck. Even the "price range" from BDO does not help there, because you will allways have people who sell shit at the lowest edge of the price and if you buy all the shit up and put it in for the highes price, the people will still buy it.
bro, i just bought a 5 chaos listed item for a fusing and an alch...by BEGGING the seller to sell it to me...

i groveled...told him how poor i was and that i was trading him most of my currency (which i was) and he sold me the item...ive had a few occasions where i got the item for free! (ive also given items away for free too)

you cant get that in an auction house...

so SHOVE IT!

QQ all you want in the "frustrations" of trading...but an auction house would ruin the need to interact with people...its all good

"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
Buhu, we want the ascendancy points without running the lab. Buhu, we want T1 uniques without MF and farming. Buhu, we want to trade without any effort.

Whine, whine, whine.

But on a serious note: I could not care less.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Buhu, we want the ascendancy points without running the lab. Buhu, we want T1 uniques without MF and farming. Buhu, we want to trade without any effort.

Whine, whine, whine.

But on a serious note: I could not care less.

lol
"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
"
eebertay wrote:
bro, i just bought a 5 chaos listed item for a fusing and an alch...by BEGGING the seller to sell it to me...

i groveled...told him how poor i was and that i was trading him most of my currency (which i was) and he sold me the item...ive had a few occasions where i got the item for free! (ive also given items away for free too)

you cant get that in an auction house...

so SHOVE IT!

QQ all you want in the "frustrations" of trading...but an auction house would ruin the need to interact with people...its all good

And thats why GGG added an ignore command. I guess the seller didn't realize that. I don't mind doing the occasional trade when I'm online, but experiences like that, would make me rather keep the item rather than sell it, and just ignore the buyer.
Last edited by ghoulavenger on Jun 10, 2016, 4:31:47 PM
"
Aikeen86 wrote:
I hope GGG does not destroy the Econmy of the game just to serve a few lazy Players, who are not able to contact and talk with other Players. Is it really that hard to make exactly 4 clicks? (click your poe.trade favourite in browser bar, type in the name of the item, click search and then click "copy message to clipboard") Is that really that hard? Honestly i don't get why People are crying so much and want to have nearly no efford in a game. Why not watching a streamer? There you do not even have to move your mouse.

It's called QOL. Just like they have extra tabs to hold your extra items. Just like they let you fkn chat to other people. Just like they let you find currency to trade with in the first place. WTF is your problem dude? Having to go outside of a game to play the damn game is extremely pathetic, lazy, and unprofessional.
Last edited by Siochan on Jun 10, 2016, 5:47:41 PM
"
innervation wrote:
"
Dawmz wrote:
Poe.trade is not an auction house, at best you could call it a very smart trade chat parser. When people say "auction house", they really mean "offline automatic trading without human interaction". Considering the recent shifts in game design, it will probably happen in PoE sooner or later, and it will be a very sad day.

Unless someone specifically says that they mean something other than "auction house" when they say "auction house", I'm going to keep referencing it as what it is: a tool that lets you post items for sale, as well as bid and buyout items for purchase. The dot trade facilitates your ability to do all three of those things (without the convenient in game UI, as I already said), therefore, it is an auction house.

'offline' 'automatic' and 'without human interaction' are the opposite of what an AH is. I don't know how you can think people could possibly mean any of those things when talking about an AH. :o

Please. When people are crying about an AH, it means an AH is something different than poe.trade since we already have that. What are they crying about poe.trade ?
- AFK people : so they want this AH to not require a direct interaction between 2 "active" players
- Offline people : same; they want this AH to work asynchronously, i.e. with buyouts and automatic item mailing if you match the buyout
- "scammers" : no real change here, an AH would not solve this (but I think this problem is vastly overhyped)
- flippers : again, no real change here, flippers exist on every game with active economies. And to be honest, I don't know why people are so against flippers. If some players have fun playing an econ game all day long, so be it. Flippers actually help game economies by providing stability to prices.

Now there is another argument that I sometimes hear, people don't like poe.trade because of the 3rd party UI and/or consider that what poe.trade does should be done by GGG inside of the game. If we had exactly what poe.trade is doing but inside the game, I wouldn't mind. However, I don't really see a good enough reason for GGG to invest massive man-hours of work into remaking poe.trade directly inside the game. I'd much rather having them invest these hours into creating new content for the game.

Any movement towards any forms of offline trading, or automatic buyout trading, will ultimately be bad for the game. These automatic systems work well in games like WoW because they are limited to basic convenient items while the real stuff cannot be traded (soulbinding..). They ruin games like ARPGS where the item hunting part is the core game. Diablo 3 definitely proved this point.

Tbh, the public stash tab feature is already a step too far in my opinion. It already raised the bar of "worth looting" items so high that players are ignoring 90% of items dropped because it's more productive for them to just buy stuff like good basic rares with triple res + life instead of looting and identifying stuff.
Last edited by Dawmz on Jun 10, 2016, 8:36:34 PM
This whole thread is hilarious.

"Auction House would destroy human interaction"
Most 'trades' last 7 seconds or don't initiate at all. Also, it is literally the same exact thing as trading with someone. There is zero difference.

They don't do it because the resources required would equate to what they already have/allocate on the game itself. AH's are enormous resource burdens in every direction. They also don't want to have one because they don't want to have one.
Some good points around here.

First before jumping on your own train of "thoughts", read and understand what people write. (e.g "or whatever.. shape it will come in" aka might not be a fully blown AH but a decent trade system)

Second as people pointed out:

- We have an auction house. Don't bend words here, poe.trade is an auction house. It's not fully automated but it is one.
- The market is so flawed due to the lack of data it is sad. At times I suspect GGG is actively looking to maintain this state as imagine the uproar when people realize there's not 99 but 36846 "Redbeak" for sale, and by extension that most of those items are worthless to an extent they only deserve to be vendored.
- The scammer part has improved since you can see the time since the item was last set up. There's a way to go around that but better than nothing. The problem is more than people are often not bright enough to realize some prices are scams. This is because most people are FORCED to base their pricing on advertised prices rather than true occurring sales (due to lack of time and knowledge).
- Interaction between players is a non issue. There is none. Or almost so. See "copy paste", *get invite*, *trade*, "thx ss", wouaah! So exciting *cough*. Plus as I pointed out initially we're supposed to play a game not trade for hours on end to get shit. Indeed sellers (or buyers) both are gamers first and may not want to trade exactly when they get a pm. That could be fine EXCEPT that we are supposed (forced imo) to trade, even GGG confirmed that as part of their design.
- Linking to the point just above, game design want us to trade. Even, it pushes us to that need. So why is there yet nothing done about that yet?

Finally, "food for thoughts" as they say:

Most people base their pricing on advertisements not sales. Except that people managing poe.trade can easily gather data to know the true median prices for items depending on their rolls. Think about that, someone out there knows the prices and you don't. Anyone with an understanding of the stock market might be reeling at the thought!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info