Auction House (or whatever...)

"
Mischief67 wrote:
(... shape it will come in)

Any news on that?

Just pm'ed like 15 dudes, 2 sold, 4 "not logged in", rest is no replies.

Were the no replies busy playing the game? If they were, then personally, I wouldn't expect them to stop playing just to make a trade. Usually, when I send a trade offer, I will do a /whois first, to see if the player is in the middle of playing.

Although I do agree a reply is nice, I can understand if someone is busy playing. It would be nice if GGG could add a trade only DND message so that someone could have an autoreply ("Can't trade at the moment, in the middle of Labyrinth") or whatever they wish to put in.

For the most part, I get more responses than I would expect in a new league where most everyone is actively leveling.

"
Mischief67 wrote:
I'd like to know when we can expect something a bit more mmhh.. developed. It's been years now and we're mid 2016 so that giant farce has lasted for too long.

To GGG: We're supposed to play a game not copy paste shit 20 times then go "thx gl ss". You expected interaction. It's not happening. And players still made some kind of AH. Less labyrinth upgrade shit, more critical features. Cheers.

Note: Same goes for guilds. Control + click to move items, etc...

I'd be against an auction house, for the reasons already mentioned (where just about any in game finds are devalued). I would agree that some guild stash improvements are overdue.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
poe.trade IS an auction house. It's just non-optimized, 3rd party, and has a crappy UI.
Poe.trade is not an auction house, at best you could call it a very smart trade chat parser.
When people say "auction house", they really mean "offline automatic trading without human interaction". Considering the recent shifts in game design, it will probably happen in PoE sooner or later, and it will be a very sad day.
You think you do but you don't. Sitting for hours mashing refresh on an item you want only to have it snatched by people using iilegal scripts is the worst. Anyone that has played a sandbox MMO knows these feels. Black desert was the worst.
I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other about auction houses since the main thing I do is currency trading. I mean I have a few items for sale, but I don't like going out of my way to trade for items. In fact, I think the only item I have right now that I didn't find myself in my collection (that I haven't vendored or traded away) is an astramentis.

But if we were going down this route what I'd want is a currency exchange. Doesn't have to be with other players, but I understand GGG doesn't want to do this either, because they like trade inflating the price of exalts for no apparent reason ;).
My only experiences with Auction Houses have been good or unremarkable (in the way that I have nothing bad to say about them)

Mostly I used FFXI's Auction House daily, selling and buying plenty for over a decade. There were a few big ticket items just like here, and the junk stuff never sold, but there are significant differences between FFXI and PoE in regard to what makes some stuff trash or treasure. (and most junk stuff was junk in FFXI because you'd out-level the gear and never need it again, eventually, on all your jobs.) Crafting materials became something you had to farm for yourself in many cases, but there were guild shops that sold a lot of stuff, and they eventually added "levelup packages" that provided the equivalent of recipes to practice on to gain crafting skill instead of needing all the farmed junk just to level up. Crafting materials here are nothing alike.

I guess what it really comes down to is how it gets implemented and the supporting framework of the game systems that would make or break an auction house in any game. Judging by the success of the 3rd party auction house in this game, it wouldn't be the end of the world some people claim (we already have an auction house, just needs an in-game interface, in-game buyouts and item transfers and we're golden).

Last edited by Zaludoz on Jun 10, 2016, 12:07:05 AM
They should AH was ahead of its time. Only dumbasses and Luddites don't understand this.

prevents low driver scams
can buy from offliners or even if they died
items bid to market price
etc
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 10, 2016, 12:24:26 AM
I'm a dumbass and luddite.

AH was NOT way ahead of it's time. You only feel that way because D3 was your first video game.
"
I'm a dumbass and luddite.

AH was NOT way ahead of it's time. You only feel that way because D3 was your first video game.

So what if it was? Wasnt but I recognize it's greatness - until AH discontinued.
Git R Dun!
LOL do you really think that Activision would have closed it down if it was truly a great thing?

Come on. Get with reality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info