Auction House (or whatever...)

"
LOL do you really think that Activision would have closed it down if it was truly a great thing?

Come on. Get with reality.

They shut it down because of tax implications for its customers. As usual government fucking up a good thing. Thats reality.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 10, 2016, 12:31:45 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
LOL do you really think that Activision would have closed it down if it was truly a great thing?

They shut it down because of tax implications for its customers. As usual government fucking up a good thing. Thats reality.

Why shut down both AHs? Why not leave the non-cash one running? I think you're making up your own reason.
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"

Why shut down both AHs? Why not leave the non-cash one running? I think you're making up your own reason.

Assuming Aim_Deep is right, then the obvious answer is that it adds an overhead that they no longer profit from.

Edit: In any case I don't honestly believe there is anything wrong with an auction house on its face. It's all about the implementation, and the desire to make it easier to trade. I believe the reason GGG doesn't want an auctionhouse largely revolves around the concept that they want there to be real bartering involved in the system, or at least player interaction. That's just the flavor they're going for.
Last edited by ghoulavenger on Jun 10, 2016, 12:48:39 AM
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"

To appeal to the free shit army who want everything to rain. regardless plenty of IRS articles floating around D3 forums at the time blizz didnt want to deal with. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ebay-vs-the-irs-in-new-online-tax-scuffle-with-craigslist-in-the-front-row/...http://www.skatteverket.se/rattsinformation/stallningstaganden/2013/stallningstaganden2013/13142139813111.5.64a656d113f4c75970113fe.html

https://internetbizlaw.wordpress.com/2012/07/02/internal-revenue-service-preparing-to-wield-fiery-sword-of-tax-audits-against-diablo-iii-gamers/

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 10, 2016, 12:54:35 AM
No, Aimdeep. You're wrong.

It was easy to get anything out of the AH. That's where it was raining freebies.

The AH made the game super simple due to the availability of near top tier crap and the ease of finding it all via the AH interface.

It was the exact opposite of your perception.

The trouble is, that some of you feel that it took some kind of genius economic savant to figure out how to get the gear through the AH when in reality, a monkey could do it. And THAT is the scenario GGG wants to avoid.

Although it could be argued that they've already made it too easy with the pay to trade tabs and their affiliation with the xyz guy.
"
ghoulavenger wrote:

Assuming Aim_Deep is right, then the obvious answer is that it adds an overhead that they no longer profit from.

Edit: In any case I don't honestly believe there is anything wrong with an auction house on its face. It's all about the implementation, and the desire to make it easier to trade. I believe the reason GGG doesn't want an auctionhouse largely revolves around the concept that they want there to be real bartering involved in the system, or at least player interaction. That's just the flavor they're going for.

We already have a flawed AH in poe.trade. By flawed I mean low driver scams can run an scam noobs...say I list something at 1/20 value and dont reply hoping to dupe noobs into listing for same and auto notify lets me know when those gullible ppl appear. By flawed I mean nothing driving to market price but whatever a sage person offers a noob. By flawed I mean no purchase AFK. I say bring in the real deal and eliminate these flaws.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 10, 2016, 1:00:47 AM
"

It was easy to get anything out of the AH. That's where it was raining freebies.

The AH made the game super simple due to the availability of near top tier crap and the ease of finding it all via the AH interface.

The trouble is, that some of you feel that it took some kind of genius economic savant to figure out how to get the gear through the AH when in reality, a monkey could do it. And THAT is the scenario GGG wants to avoid.

Although it could be argued that they've already made it too easy with the pay to trade tabs and their affiliation with the xyz guy.

I am a monkey and get stuff here even easier and better p/p ratio cause bots are minimal. Doesnt matter to me. Cream rises to the top. Just saying AH was optimal and ahead of its time.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 10, 2016, 1:04:15 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"

I am a monkey and get stuff here even easier and better p/p ratio cause bots are minimal. Doesnt matter to me. Cream rises to the top. Just saying AH was optimal.

In that case, the system is working perfectly well for you as is.
Perfect is a stretch. Thats like saying Budweiser is perfect when Guinness is on the shelf. AH would be perfect.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Perfect is a stretch. Thats like saying Budweiser is perfect when Guinness is on the shelf. AH would be perfect.

The only people who'd get any benefit out of an 'AH' are ones who sit and snipe/flip rather than just play the arpg. Normal players who'd like to use it occasionally get hosed over by the snipe bots and flippers.

It's the breeding ground of RMT.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info