Auction House (or whatever...)

"
MrJimo wrote:

dude... Cabal was Great Game till ... they added safeguards

Yeah i know. I wanted to give it another shot like year ago but AH just demolished economy. It is super easy to get started, changing sets takes you like 30 seconds. You just go to AH and buy what you want, its cheap as dirt. Its cool and all until you hit high level. When you try to get endgame gear (not BiS but just endgame viable) you hit such huge currency wall that you cant overcome unless you have a friend that play like 5 years. To solo farm money for gear it would take about 3 months for 1 item since everything else is just worthless. I was told back than that dungeon entry items cost increased about 30 times within 2 weeks of release of AH, old players just bought all of them instantly so prices skyrocketed. Devs had to add those items as quest rewards and add some to npc so players would be able to enter the content.
"
kuciol wrote:

Adding AH in any way, shape or form would be no different than adding NPC that sells any item in a game.

I. Don't. Care.

I just want to actually play the game without wasting an hour every day on alt+tabing and copy/pasting message to afks. People are escaping to SSF because they'll rather never trade than participate in this failure of a system.
Last edited by osesek on Jun 24, 2017, 6:17:25 PM
It wasn't AH that demolished Cabal's economy, it was caused in a couple steps. First, GMs stopped caring about RMTs (couple of my guild mates admitted in buying hundreds Euro worth of Alz to get their chars the items so they can pretty much solo highest dungeons). Second, they introduced Safeguards (really, you're gonna sell an item that is REQUIRED to have a chance of upgrading an item past +11 if you don't want to grind your ass for 10h/day in dungeons for cores). Third, EST took back Cabal from GMs and started adding more bs premium stuff (chaos upgrade failsafes. ARE YOU &^%$&* KIDDING ME?!).

The AH was one of the best addition to the damn game, I remember the pain it was to browse every single shop put up in Desert Scream in Ch1, the same pain to browse surrounding shops to set prices for your own items and to leave your character AFK for the night in hopes someone will buy that EoF+5 you dropped 3 weeks ago.

On topic: I honestly don't think Marketplace (don't call it AH if noone's bidding for items, people are LOOKING for items) would ruin this game's economy more than poe.trade has.
I wont argue, i wasnt there during crysis and only know what i was told. Enough of Cabal for now :>.

PoE is very limited in terms of mmo aspects and thats why we cant risk destroying economy. Humans are lazy and greedy beings. We want everything here and now but its in most cases bad for the game. In fact GGG should grow a pair and remove poe.trade than we can talk about improving trading.
AH with no buyout, 24 hour listing.

Gives EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD 24 hours to bid on the item.

Extend the auction by 1 Minute (or 5, whatever) if someone bids at the last moment to prevent sniping ALA QBids.

If you want immediate gratification you can trade the old way to get something right away.
I don't care for an auction house or market place. The only rule that needs to be implemented is a 'price binding' that forces you to sell for the price you advertise the item for.

Also it is funny to see the flipping lobby trying to argue against this kind of stuff.

"
kuciol wrote:
"
MrJimo wrote:

dude... Cabal was Great Game till ... they added safeguards

Yeah i know. I wanted to give it another shot like year ago but AH just demolished economy. It is super easy to get started, changing sets takes you like 30 seconds. You just go to AH and buy what you want, its cheap as dirt. Its cool and all until you hit high level. When you try to get endgame gear (not BiS but just endgame viable) you hit such huge currency wall that you cant overcome unless you have a friend that play like 5 years. To solo farm money for gear it would take about 3 months for 1 item since everything else is just worthless. I was told back than that dungeon entry items cost increased about 30 times within 2 weeks of release of AH, old players just bought all of them instantly so prices skyrocketed. Devs had to add those items as quest rewards and add some to npc so players would be able to enter the content.

i did like AH a lot , many new ppl joined +

actually that was a very plus side of cabala mithril = was only for elite players :) you didn't need 5 years ^^ 7-9+/- months rng (i know cuz full mithril set +19 Honor )

"
Sixense wrote:
Safeguards (really, you're gonna sell an item that is REQUIRED to have a chance of upgrading an item past +11 if you don't want to grind your ass for 10h/day in dungeons for cores). Third, EST took back Cabal from GMs and started adding more bs premium stuff (chaos upgrade failsafes. ARE YOU &^%$&* KIDDING ME?!).
sn't AH that demolished Cabal

Yea mate that killed Game ! Agree

"
Sixense wrote:

On topic: I honestly don't think Marketplace (don't call it AH if noone's bidding for items, people are LOOKING for items) would ruin this game's economy more than poe.trade has.

i do like poe.trade it make life eazy :)
Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/c/MrJimGaming
Last edited by MrJimo on Jun 25, 2017, 5:53:59 AM
"
RockGod wrote:
AH with no buyout, 24 hour listing.

Gives EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD 24 hours to bid on the item.

Extend the auction by 1 Minute (or 5, whatever) if someone bids at the last moment to prevent sniping ALA QBids.

If you want immediate gratification you can trade the old way to get something right away.

Not a bad idea, This could work.
Well the only reason to be against AC is the fact that bots will buyout anything thats below price it could be sold and just flip it forever.
"
kuddman wrote:
I don't care for an auction house or market place. The only rule that needs to be implemented is a 'price binding' that forces you to sell for the price you advertise the item for.

Also it is funny to see the flipping lobby trying to argue against this kind of stuff.

would love the whole price binding thing but Im not sure how to accomplish it
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info