Auction House (or whatever...)

"
cosacee wrote:
never ever ever ever ever ever thank god. why would the death of d3 be introduced into poe? that answers your question.

This is the second time in 5 posts this was mentioned, and it is patently untrue.

The D3 AH was a cluster, no mistake, but because of real money issues not because of a dilution of in game loot value in the market. And it was removed because of income/tax issues (across international boundaries no less) and regulatory agencies getting involved, not because anyone cared about the in-game market. D3 is dead because there is no thrill or challenge whatsoever - I went back recently and lasted 2 days, seriously, 2 days.

I don't care one way or another about an AH, frankly, because I am exclusively SSF regardless of the drop rates "being designed with trading in mind". However I DO care if all this trade bullshit changes the base design of the game any further towards Path of Trading and away from ARPG roots of kill, loot, level, repeat.
"
cosacee wrote:
never ever ever ever ever ever thank god. why would the death of d3 be introduced into poe? that answers your question.

yeah it was the real money element that ruined it

in D3 HC there was no real money AH

and the gold AH functioned beautifully
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
cosacee wrote:

the rmah and besides the fact d3 sucked ass xD getting to max level in a few hours as a casual getting fully geared in legendaries and shit makes the game boring after a few hours.

i bet an AH not rmah ofcourse won't destroy poe in anyway. we basicly alraedy have one anyways just a suckish one xd
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Yep everyone post their shit.Rare items become 1c,GGG nerfs the drop to keep the people playing instead of looking at the AH all day. Prices skyrocket,casuals leave because nothing good ever drops,while crying how hard it is to beat tier 5 map GGG nerfs the game.

We get D3.

This is really really bad and compressed TL"DR version of why AH is a bad decision and tedious trading might actually help.

But ever since this horrid excuse of an ARPG introduced it to the genre,we get people that take the path with least resistance,ignoring the traps at the end.

With AH,you won't play the game,you will play the AH,MUCH more than some flippers do it now. This will trigger a chain reaction that will eventually make the game a pathetic borefest that gets old in 1 month.
"
satanttin wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
cosacee wrote:

the rmah and besides the fact d3 sucked ass xD getting to max level in a few hours as a casual getting fully geared in legendaries and shit makes the game boring after a few hours.

i bet an AH not rmah ofcourse won't destroy poe in anyway. we basicly alraedy have one anyways just a suckish one xd

Actually early D3 was very hard

Inferno before the nerfed it was rough
I dont see any any key!
Sorry, buy I fail too see how something like poe.trade, but without the need of alt+tabing, wasting time on afks and using 3rd party programs would ruin this game.
If something, the lack of better trading system makes me want to quit this game.

And don't even start about player interaction, because copy/pasting message from poe.trade 15 times before finding non afk is bullshit, not interaction.
"
osesek wrote:
Sorry, buy I fail too see how something like poe.trade, but without the need of alt+tabing, wasting time on afks and using 3rd party programs would ruin this game.
If something, the lack of better trading system makes me want to quit this game.

And don't even start about player interaction, because copy/pasting message from poe.trade 15 times before finding non afk is bullshit, not interaction.

Simple things are actually the most successful. You'd be surprised how many people don't use poe trade just because it either requires 3rd programs or premium tabs. Some don't even know it exists.

Thats why there is trade chat,many use this,and even more probably don't even trade.
No, it was not the real money part of the auction house that destroyed D3.

It was the accessibility of gear versus the quality of dropped items. When gear that will take you 1 year to farm is hitting you in the face with a price that takes 10 minutes to farm, an AH becomes a problem. Especially if it's built into the game, hits you in the face and everything is balanced around it. If you then START to buy items, you find yourself in this "evil" circle, where you HAVE to trade all the time to keep up with the game.

If you like to FARM for anything else than currency to hit the market, an AH is the death of the game. If you like to hit the AH every time you feel your defense or offense are somewhat lacking, an AH would be great for you. The only problem is, this game has a lot of both kind of players.

Thinking that an AH would't affect drop rates in the game, is naive. If you already views PoE trade as the only way to beat the game, of course you're in favor of an AH. But the fact is, that the game is offering a pretty fine balance now, between dropped loot and progression. You CAN do everything yourself, if you know what you're doing - with a little effort.

An AH would change that, because the minute 10000 500 pDPS axes are "hitting" you in the face through an in game AH, drop rates would HAVE to be changed, bossed would HAVE to be tuned and that would be the start of a "D3 situation", where everything is tuned and balanced based on the all mighty AH.

Trading will ALWAYS be bittersweet in games like these. Make it too hard or cumbersome, the game suffers. Make it too easy or efficient, the game will suffer. And I know the following sentence will be unpopular, and is not by any means directed to everyone, but an AH is often something you THINK you want, but when it's implemented, it's not that great based on the repercussions.

I don't give a shit about what I want regarding this. I think about the game as a whole, and the experience it offers.

There are tons of improvement that could be (and maybe should be) done to trading. But for Gods sake, not an AH.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jun 24, 2017, 11:42:22 AM
I was arguing about AH in another thread. I came to conclusion that poe.trade is huge part of the problem. Any trading improvements must be adjusted around it. It offer to easy access to specific items you want and when you want. This changed the game in very bad way. We no longer farm or craft items, we farm currency to buy them. If we want any improvements poe.trade needs to go. The inconvenience of trading is the only thing that keeps economy from collapsing. I was thinking a lot about it. Let me post something i came up with on the other thread.

"
kuciol wrote:

I was thinking how to make trading more accessible (this is what players want) and harder at the same time (this is what GGG wants). You know what is the problem with current system (and your idea btw)? The problem is that we can get anything we want with few clicks. Access to specific items is just to easy. I came up with idea (maybe im not the first with it but i dont remember something like this) how to solve this problem. Personal shops is what we need.

How would it work? Quite simple. We will utilize notice boards similar to party searching one. You will set up the shop like you do sell items on poe.trade, than the shop name will show up on notice board and players will be able to browse through it by clicking on it. Than new window will pop up similar to stash where you can check items that are for sell and the price the seller wants. Keep in mind that you will be able to check shops but not search for specific items. The more premium tabs you have the more tabs your shop will have. Shop should also show the name of the owner so you will be able to contact him for any negotiations. This will :

1)make it easier to trade since you would be able to just buy items from notice board and currency will be taken from your stash like it is when you buy from NPC
2)make it harder to find specific items, making it harder for flippers to search for under-priced items
3)utilize premium stash tabs so they will keep their value
4)keep the current price balance
5)solve the problem with afkers/flippers sincee it will asynchronous
6)bring back trade chat as viable option to buy specific item you need
7)not need any other adjustments to drop rates and currency sinks

This will work if and ONLY if poe.trade wont exist.

Adding AH in any way, shape or form would be no different than adding NPC that sells any item in a game. We dont need that, you think we do but it will be failure like it was in Cabal for example.
"
kuciol wrote:

Adding AH in any way, shape or form would be no different than adding NPC that sells any item in a game. We dont need that, you think we do but it will be failure like it was in Cabal for example.

dude... Cabal was Great Game till ... they added safeguards
Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/c/MrJimGaming

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info