Auction House (or whatever...)

Fun fact: WoW has had an auction house for over a decade. Market cornering, market manipulation, and flipping are still things.
Blizz AH definitely should not be used as a model. Lets be honest they gated drops worse than PoE and re-released legendary and item affix's multiple times to traffic AH highly. Does anyone remember when Legendaies were worse than blues? Does anyone remember when 50K DPS was GG? Then 250? then 500K? That all happened because of constant power creep which kept you buying. buying, even gold AH because of spill over, makes blizz money so they really worked to invalidate your items on a constant basis.

But the whole concept of an AH is not evil. it's an evolution an superior to chat trade on many levels. Stops low driver scams - like guys listing items for 1/20th value and they set up poe.trade bot to alert them when someone sees thier price and lists it and low driver snaps it up to resale. Cant do that with AH. You low driver get bought and you lose no pretend AFKing. Stops noobs or inexperienced from being taken advantage of because item can be bid to what market will bear aka market price. Obviously buying from ppl offline is a huge advantage in many ways least of which being environmental friendly because ppl dont have to afk on all day waiting for buyers.

All in all I cant think of a negative if implemented properly unlike blizz. AH works great at ebay and many other places.
Git R Dun!
I only play this game solo-self-found because the Auction House isn't in the actual game. I won't deal with outside systems, and I'm not online often enough to make in-person trades with anyone (it would be so rare that someone would want to buy one of my items when I'm actually online, that it's not worth the trouble.)

(the solo part is because my laptop can barely handle my own character's attacks, let alone 5 other's, and even in town is screen-freeze 2 steps at a time, trying to reach my hideout to get anything town-related done.)
"
You think you do but you don't. Sitting for hours mashing refresh on an item you want only to have it snatched by people using iilegal scripts is the worst. Anyone that has played a sandbox MMO knows these feels. Black desert was the worst.

How is that possible? Are you saying that there are no such items available on the auction house at any price? Or are you saying that you can't get underpriced ones because the bots will snatch them faster than you do to resell?
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
innervation wrote:
Fun fact: WoW has had an auction house for over a decade. Market cornering, market manipulation, and flipping are still things.

Question: is it convenient to use for the average WoW player who wants to quickly sell and buy items and then go back to playing?
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
This is simple to answer: "No!"
I'd vote against an AH, but it would be cool to be able to trade through the website or mobile app...
I'm against the auction part of it, but I don't see any issue with having a Marketplace where people can list stuff for fixed prices.

Heck can even keep it themed and make a structure for your hideout where you can list items for sale and define the price, and just need to let people be able to visit your hideout when your not on.
Don't worry, they are making an in-game mail system. It's been years in the making, so it will be pretty sweet when they are finally finished with the simple, basic concept!

"
Chris wrote:
We intend to add an item mailing system.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/59
I hope GGG does not destroy the Econmy of the game just to serve a few lazy Players, who are not able to contact and talk with other Players. Is it really that hard to make exactly 4 clicks? (click your poe.trade favourite in browser bar, type in the name of the item, click search and then click "copy message to clipboard") Is that really that hard? Honestly i don't get why People are crying so much and want to have nearly no efford in a game. Why not watching a streamer? There you do not even have to move your mouse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info