Mathil's Shield Charge FaceBreaker - The... Pinball?

"
Ziiyo wrote:
I got almost every piece of gear for this build as well as a similar. almost identical chest piece to the one linked by Mathil.

Firstly this is a SOLO build. When farming with friends the scaling on T10+ maps just crushes your dps. I found that when playing solo little things killed me and pathing could be an issue as random crap stopped me from charging.

I have never played such a fast farming and fun build. The problem is scaling. After I had most of the gear and facebreaker 800% etc etc I realised that there is a cap. Which is similar to that of Mathils gear. You end up trying to find random nodes to put points into.

I ended up rolling back to my WI character to push high tier maps.

As much as this build was meant for me :) I just couldn't bare the low dps at end game maps and the struggle vs certain bosses. The fact is that this is a beast when it comes to clearing maps but the single target dps is just not there. At least when I compare with end game builds.

I think dying to random shit and having to charge a mob 10-15 times just for it to start dying got me to go back to my old toon.

I hope though that someone comes up with a awesome charge mechanic or gear combo later down the line as this skill is by far the most fun!

this! plus I cant do any reflect/eli reflect maps. feelsbadman. got to create another build.
Guys, can you help me to optimize skill tree for Assassin? Want to respec my old build, and dont know how to balance def/dps. I made smthg like this

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Aportraitofjoyce/characters

Name: Waranasi
Last edited by Aportraitofjoyce on Jun 13, 2016, 1:06:56 PM
Where do you guys got the 112 DEX at 46 for the shield? too eq :/?
+63 from tree.

I got an amulet with +33 to all attributes.

Could link it if I knew how to link chars/equipment :p
About endgame:
The Voidheart variant sustains a good enough dps on single target and bosses up untill T13-14. You will struggle at T15, other than that the 200k dps totem (taste, promise, good jewels, etc) should carry you through any hard boss.

About reflect:
You can still do elemental reflect by turning off all the auras but Vulnerability, not using taste and getting rid of Increased Fire Dmg (add something else on that link or just run 5L for that map only). If you are feeling brave, turn on the auras and taste and rely on the massive life leech (should be enough if you are careful).

If you think you'll do phys reflect maps on a facebreakers build... hahaha. Better do some Totem/Trap build if you can't spare the Chaos for the eventual phys reflect mod.

"
nds2 wrote:
Where do you guys got the 112 DEX at 46 for the shield? too eq :/?

There are two +30 Dexterity nodes close to the skillpath, one directly linked to the tree next to the marauder start and other closer to the duelist start (needs to spare 1 extra point for traveling). You can later spec out of those points if so desired.

There is also the Precision node at the templar area, wich can be taken forever if needed as it gives a sweet Atk Speed bonus alongside with the bonus dexterity.
EXP past level 97 is an illusion, exile.
Last edited by Ridelith on Jun 13, 2016, 6:02:04 PM
So where do you "aim" this skill anyway? At the enemies? Past the enemies? Is it the shoulder rush or the bomb at the end that does the work? The enemies seem really good at moving an inch and making the bomb not go off at all.
Mathil, thanks for putting this guide together!

I typically run a cyclone facebreaker, but since I have really gg standard gear, I tweaked your build to min/max my stuff around shield charge. The result is really really ridiculous.

If you scale gear, this build can definitely clear all content in game (though it may need some tweaking for core/uber). When self-buffed, I am getting 480k tooltip on my ancestral warchief, and 50k per hit with shield charge (80k per hit when i swap conc effect in for aoe).

Here is a video of a gorge full clear I just did in 1:20: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOckq3KiM4g

My gear atm:
Spoiler

"
demopolos wrote:

I typically run a cyclone facebreaker, but since I have really gg standard gear, I tweaked your build to min/max my stuff around shield charge. The result is really really ridiculous.

If you scale gear, this build can definitely clear all content in game (though it may need some tweaking for core/uber). When self-buffed, I am getting 480k tooltip on my ancestral warchief, and 50k per hit with shield charge (80k per hit when i swap conc effect in for aoe).

Here is a video of a gorge full clear I just did in 1:20: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOckq3KiM4g

My gear atm:
Spoiler

Good one. Expetially 999% Facebreaker. Any other ideas how to scale this for atleast t14-t15 farming?
"
demopolos wrote:

My gear atm:
Spoiler

Pretty GG setup. I dare say that Abyssus cries out for a new enchant of sorts.

"
lapilesos wrote:

Good one. Expetially 999% Facebreaker. Any other ideas how to scale this for atleast t14-t15 farming?

Personally didn't experience any troubles up to t15 on my character. Basically any time you see a rare monster you know you're not 1 shotting drop your Totem Carry before you charge and it'll die in a second or two. Bosses with the totem are pretty clear cut though I hadn't tried Core.

If you're honestly asking for instant kills on the t15 bosses rather than the 5 seconds it currently takes while still having a fun tanky build, I don't know what to tell you.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Slayer - Impact node question.

How does it affect Shield Charge's built in AOE mechanic. Since it's already hitting surrounding targets on impact, does that damage get reduced by 50% now, or does it double dip and consider the impact AOE damage + the 50% splash damage on the main target?

Thanks
Last edited by GRANDLarsony on Jun 14, 2016, 9:30:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info