Mathil's Shield Charge FaceBreaker - The... Pinball?

Try some crit voidheart shield charge bleeding assassin, Mathil!
how much mana leech on gear should i be trying to get?
IGN: hyrenfreak
Adding the Map Names that are optimal for this build (layout-wise) would be great.
On a very high end perspective - would it be better to have a legacy Facebreaker with 950ish % more phys dmg or a corrupted Facebreaker with 'curse with Vulnerability on hit' but 750-770ish % more phys dmg?
EXP past level 97 is an illusion, exile.
Last edited by Ridelith on Jun 12, 2016, 9:43:47 PM
So how do you actually go about leveling a character like this? I've never really played anything but casters so I have zero experience with actual melee and what skills (especially while leveling) scale well and make it not a painful experience.
"
sutasafaia wrote:
So how do you actually go about leveling a character like this? I've never really played anything but casters so I have zero experience with actual melee and what skills (especially while leveling) scale well and make it not a painful experience.

I'm only a4 cruel with this build, but I leveled up with a silverbranch and shrapnel shot until a2 (level 16) for facebreakers. Then I went shieldcharge from there. haven't had any issues.
Last edited by Eliqq on Jun 12, 2016, 10:18:58 PM
"
sutasafaia wrote:

After putting facebreaker + iron rings + meginord at lvl 16 was one annihilating all the way to maps. Used The Deep One's Hide Studded Round Shield for leveling and it was probably the fastest leveling I have ever done. Really fun!

Edit: Couple good flasks goes a long way for leveling. I used a couple of quicksilvers and lion's roar really feel like it speeds things up.
Last edited by Idyar on Jun 12, 2016, 10:51:31 PM
Would a champion be good as well? freeing up a gem slot and getting 75% inc damage?? or am I missing something here that slayer just does more dps? I know it has the aoe but does it actually do more damage than the champion?
IGN Kalaxis Or Maximusaureliuss
Biggest problem I'm having so far is connecting with the power. Enemies like to move an inch to the side and I just bump them instead of making them explode with the better AoE.

Also, since you're so close to it anyway, and you have points to spare, what's your opinion on the four blood magic nodes?

Do you think old one is better than crest of parandus and all that life bonus?
Last edited by sutasafaia on Jun 13, 2016, 2:04:03 AM
I got almost every piece of gear for this build as well as a similar. almost identical chest piece to the one linked by Mathil.

Firstly this is a SOLO build. When farming with friends the scaling on T10+ maps just crushes your dps. I found that when playing solo little things killed me and pathing could be an issue as random crap stopped me from charging.

I have never played such a fast farming and fun build. The problem is scaling. After I had most of the gear and facebreaker 800% etc etc I realised that there is a cap. Which is similar to that of Mathils gear. You end up trying to find random nodes to put points into.

I ended up rolling back to my WI character to push high tier maps.

As much as this build was meant for me :) I just couldn't bare the low dps at end game maps and the struggle vs certain bosses. The fact is that this is a beast when it comes to clearing maps but the single target dps is just not there. At least when I compare with end game builds.

I think dying to random shit and having to charge a mob 10-15 times just for it to start dying got me to go back to my old toon.

I hope though that someone comes up with a awesome charge mechanic or gear combo later down the line as this skill is by far the most fun!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Last edited by Ziiyo on Jun 13, 2016, 4:07:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info