Mathil's Shield Charge FaceBreaker - The... Pinball?

Got lucky on my last lab run and got some useful stuff on abyssus:

Rest of gear:

considering using:

+ great old one shield, depending on how damage will look like without added fire... At the moment removing it lowers damage from 5800 avg hit to 4000 avg hit without any buffs. but it might be possible to get some phys on rings finally...

Anyway build works just great!

Just wondering if i should roll abyssus again, to try to get damage instead of attack speed, or just leave it like that... damn i need another one to keep that one rolling :P
Does anyone know why helping Merciless Kraityn is recommended in this build? I can't figure out what the source of Frenzy charges is. Was this just a mistake in the original post?
Bloodrage is source of frenzy charges, check out gear from build, Mathil got his in shield.
Blood rage is the source of frenzy charge.

eTo_PL : you don't reroll a 10% atk speed shield charge on an abyssus, when you're playing shield charge :)
Chance of getting something better (like the 15% from uber) are really low, you should get a second abyssus if you really want to farm it.

I'm loving the build so far (one of my fav, thanks movespeed <3), made a few adjustment because I really don't like selfcasting endurance charge, so I found a way to get them when it's necessary without thinking about it.

My stuff :

Farming the uber lab atm to get a good enchant, but as previous league, I doubt I will achieve that (double lab enchant prophecy may be helping this time ...)

Thanks again for the build Math :)
"
Alio wrote:
Blood rage is the source of frenzy charge.

eTo_PL : you don't reroll a 10% atk speed shield charge on an abyssus, when you're playing shield charge :)
Chance of getting something better (like the 15% from uber) are really low, you should get a second abyssus if you really want to farm it.

I'm loving the build so far (one of my fav, thanks movespeed <3), made a few adjustment because I really don't like selfcasting endurance charge, so I found a way to get them when it's necessary without thinking about it.

My stuff :

Farming the uber lab atm to get a good enchant, but as previous league, I doubt I will achieve that (double lab enchant prophecy may be helping this time ...)

Thanks again for the build Math :)

What change did you make for the endurance charges? I despise casting enduring cry all the time.

Also, any idea on where the optimal level for cwdt + ic is? I've never been too good at deciding on that one.
"
sutasafaia wrote:

What change did you make for the endurance charges? I despise casting enduring cry all the time.

Also, any idea on where the optimal level for cwdt + ic is? I've never been too good at deciding on that one.

There is no optimal level for CWDT, usually I'm going with a lvl 4 one, this time I went with a lvl 10 as Math suggested (as we're going for a 6k HP build, it's seems ok to get a few more level on this)

For my endurance charge I did put this setup in my shield :
Reckoning + Riposte + Endurance charge on melee stun
As we have a decent block rate, it's working quite well (not active all the time obviously, but when I start taking damage, I see my endu charge coming up)

I also put a low level (11) curse in my CWDT setup so I can have both hatred and vulnerability (or enfeeble if necessary) active on tough monsters.
"
For my endurance charge I did put this setup in my shield :
Reckoning + Riposte + Endurance charge on melee stun
As we have a decent block rate, it's working quite well (not active all the time obviously, but when I start taking damage, I see my endu charge coming up)

Some twiddling around :
Maybe its 4links worth Vengeance-Reconning-Riposte-Endurance on stun ?

Vengeance-Reconning-Riposte-Endurance or we can take weakest retallation skill out of it and exchange it for "Stun support"?

Idea will be to sit in perma IC with full endurance charges (we can have 5 with some little investition) all the time.

Dues we need Increased stun time / reduced threshold to maki it work better?

This will give some good lvl of tankyness 5 End charges -> is perma IC
I would have love a 4th link, but I'm strugling already to put all my gem. So had no choice to go with the shield's 3L.
I had to remove all my increased duration support gem because of that.

Here is my setup :

6L chest setup : Shield Charge & support gems
4L boots setup : Ancestral Warchief & support gems
4L helm setup : CWDT + IC + Curse or Inc duration. On last link I had to put my Hatred
4L gloves setup : Golem + blood rage + Herald of Ash + Vaal Haste.
3L shield setup : Reckoning + Riposte + Endurance charge on melee stun support

I guess if you're ready to get rid of one of your buff (Vaal haste, golem, or 1 of your aura) you can upgrade your endurance charge setup, but atm as it's working correctly in a 3L setup, I'm sticking to it.
Ring socket can also do the job !
Last edited by Alio on Jun 16, 2016, 5:56:08 AM
This build is too expensive in Prophecy HC. Played Slayer, rip due to lag.. Should've choosen jagnut
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
"
This build is too expensive in Prophecy HC. Played Slayer, rip due to lag.. Should've choosen jagnut

I sortof agree. Small sfx-loading lags are a problem for me, and this build really really moves around the map fast. If I did it all again, I might build ghudda's ancestral warchief totem build. But instead of triple totem Templar, I'd probably just build it as a Marauder tank. Honestly, this Mathil build is pretending to be a shield charge build, but it's the ancestral warchief that does all the heavy lifting. Why not drop the pretense of it being a shield charge build and just focus on that totem?

This Mathil shield charge build is, however, incredibly fun. So there's that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info