Prophecy Mechanics Need A Hotfix Before It's Too Late

"
morbo wrote:
"
Prophecy's that are specific to one zone should block most other prophecy's from activating.

+1

Yesterday I had the "Unbreathing Queen V" and some other shit. On the first Cemetery map I ran, it spawned that other shit first, instead of the map-specific Prophecy chain.

Yeah this part is fucking stupid since the feature of the league is the Pale Council and related lore.

Why would some shit prophecy like Trembling Earth have proc priority over Unbreathing Queen V?
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
how is that stupid ?
you can just refresh the zone, cant you ?

it adds more variance and it prevents people from super efficiently forcing prophecy x on zone y
"
grepman wrote:
how is that stupid ?

it adds more variance and it prevents people from super efficiently forcing prophecy x on zone y

How is it not stupid? A prophecy that can only spawn in ONE zone gets regularly beaten by prophecy's that can spawn in [# of zones in game]. 1/1 vs 1/many gg
Oh shit, can't have me opening 1 cemetery map at level 94 super efficiently instead of 4. Shiiiiiiiiit

Furthermore, by not spawning in (hard) maps that content largely goes to waste. Do we want waste?
Nuhhhhhhh why would we want that?

The hardest maps should spawn the most prophecies
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Jul 2, 2016, 8:53:28 PM
"
grepman wrote:
how is that stupid ?

You're wasting fucking maps doing it. That's the part I'm not okay with. And having to burn 2-3 Cemetery every time you get Unbreathing Queen V because a garbage prophecy overrides it going against the design of the league ("look at our purple people, our purple keys, and Pale Court etc etc). Luckily I have piles of them built up from Atziri farming, but still. Makes no sense, when it's a guaranteed spawn. It's not like I'm hunting for Monstrous Treasure or something.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jul 2, 2016, 8:36:45 PM
Literally every time?

Literally every time.
Personally, I do not mind back tracking to save some coins. Still awaiting for my Fated Connections!

But the thing is, it should be more intuitive and occur more often, if it's a tempest or invasion, please let it happen the first map after getting the prophecy. Not having to keep waiting for it to proc.

Thanks.
"
grepman wrote:
how is that stupid ?

Well, I gave away all my lower maps, forgetting I need to keep some Mud Geysers and Cemeteries, because they are needed for specific prophecies. I checked out poe.trade and those maps cost 1c or more, for "some strange reason" ;)

You could say it's the player's fault, but such mechanic in un-intuitive. The player expects to see the event in the next map he opens, if that event is specifically tied to the map. Some other random event overwriting it, makes less sense (and wastes a map that you need to have).
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Qarl wrote:

• When you have multiple Prophecies that can affect an area, the one that is picked is now done so more intelligently.
  • Navali dialogue will now be interrupted when another NPC begins to talk. She also interrupts herself if already telling you about a Prophecy.
  • Fixed the map device consuming your Prophecy if you cancel map activation.

THANK YOU <3
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Jul 19, 2016, 6:40:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info