Prophecy Mechanics Need A Hotfix Before It's Too Late

"
Seriously I haven't been bored since domination lol it's awful.
got bored within 3 days, could have been an awesome league, too bad they f*cked up the prophecy system making it annoying as hell
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
That animated weapons one is easy though, as are any others which activate once you reach a particular area. Just warp in to the climb and it will activate the prophecy and remove it from your list. Then warp out again.
So how is it not lame, dudio?
"
Seriously I haven't been bored since domination lol it's awful.

No doubt this is the most boring league since 3 years. And to think that these "prophecies" were just a thing that exist in every RPG today: random NPC missions, outside story. They couldn't do this in a worser way.
there should be a cost for just destroying a prophecy and it should be around half of the costs of sealing it away.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
another thing could be for prophecy chains, why the mobs/boss doesn't drop the next prophecy in the chain. tired of starting chain and only getting chain i already done from npc
"
Pretty much all of the "go to Zone Y in Act X quests" suck ASS. I think GGG need to get on top of this before people start leaving.
If I want a Prophecy in Act X I will visit that town and talk to Navali there. If I am running out of silver coins sealing away shitty Prophecies which of the two do you think I will do:
1) Stop engaging with the Prophecy mechanics (and keep mapping)
2) Fulfill time-wasting Prophecies to conserve coins (repeat ad infinitum)

To resolve this I propose that most Prophecy's become localized to the Act you talk to Navali in. Map prophecy's can be acquired from talking to Navali inside your hideout.
I just beat Act 1 cruel Merveil. Reach Act 2 town pull a prophecy, it to ask me to go back to kill something in Cavern of Anger, which is inside Merveil boss room.

WTF!!!!!!!!
"
Pretty much all of the "go to Zone Y in Act X quests" suck ASS. I think GGG need to get on top of this before people start leaving.
If I want a Prophecy in Act X I will visit that town and talk to Navali there. If I am running out of silver coins sealing away shitty Prophecies which of the two do you think I will do:
1) Stop engaging with the Prophecy mechanics (and keep mapping)
2) Fulfill time-wasting Prophecies to conserve coins (repeat ad infinitum)

To resolve this I propose that most Prophecy's become localized to the Act you talk to Navali in. Map prophecy's can be acquired from talking to Navali inside your hideout.

ya I agree ashen, absolutely. If they were contained within 1 act it would be so much nicer so you had the option to limit yourself or not, you can always go to other towns if you want to spend some time in a particular act and get your prophecies there.

I dont mind ones that are pushing forward to the next act, but going backwards is sort of sucky.

As I said before, the league to me atm feels like I have to farm currency to buy coins from other players to dump all these shit prophecies just so i can find ones that are worth my time or spend the majority of my time running around act2 merciless with a mid 80s map stomping character. I refuse to do either of those things tbh, both of them are inherently bad things to force a player to do. Obviously Im not forced, I can chose to not interact with the league, at which point Im going to go back to standard and all this content is just a massive waste of everyones time and money.

they could let the league just run along like this and it will just be a mild waste of an opportunity like talisman was, par for the course. But if they take steps to change it sooner while the league is still fresh it has a lot of potential. The time waste prophecies arnt bad, its time waste prophecies that take place in an area where everything you are doing is a waste of time, loot, xp, monster difficulty etc. Dont make me run zones that have no reward, that are inherently a complete waste of time to even kill monsters in because they are so far below a character in the 80s, these should be things I can complete while farming monsters that are worth my time to farm.
like 70% of the prophecies give me literally nothing. I feel like i'm just wasting my time.
"
Zamary wrote:
like 70% of the prophecies give me literally nothing. I feel like i'm just wasting my time.

99.5% of your time in poe awards nothing. 70% is good for this game.
"
3) Buy more coins and seal the shitty vendor unique upgrade prophecies you don't want to fulfill. Coins are cheaper than the uniques you have to buy to finish those ones.

that is a quick way to run out of money .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info