Prophecy Mechanics Need A Hotfix Before It's Too Late

"
grepman wrote:
I wish all the people who cry about 'time wasting' somehow get to go back to only the games of the 90s, try to play something on pc, cry and quit gaming in general. I really do. like, REALLY.

oh no you have to go to an area you already passed. OH NO. ADD must be a bitch.

I started playing in the 80's but it doesn't, in any way, negate the fact that Prophecy implementation is bad. Making players go to Act 1/2 over and over again to one shot some specific mobs in order to get nth copy of a crappy low level unique adds nothing of value to the game. Also, at least in my opinion, the fact that you can completely ignore the league mechanics is a terrible decision.
I am seeing similar topics all over the place, please do something ggg.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Best part about backtracking? Activating several additional prophecy's that you wanted to go off in maps. Fuck yeah!
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
I chose option 1. Worst league since i play poe so far.
"
Pretty much all of the "go to Zone Y in Act X quests" suck ASS. I think GGG need to get on top of this before people start leaving.
If I want a Prophecy in Act X I will visit that town and talk to Navali there. If I am running out of silver coins sealing away shitty Prophecies which of the two do you think I will do:
1) Stop engaging with the Prophecy mechanics (and keep mapping)
2) Fulfill time-wasting Prophecies to conserve coins (repeat ad infinitum)

To resolve this I propose that most Prophecy's become localized to the Act you talk to Navali in. Map prophecy's can be acquired from talking to Navali inside your hideout.

This is what I did. Option 1. I just sell all my coins to other players now, because it's too time-consuming to hunt down prophecies in difficulties/acts I'm not even in. Why are they difficulty specific again? Anyway, I totally agree with the suggestion to associate them with the act you pick them up in.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
It's already to late, wanna bet they don't post any player statistics for this league any longer. Just logged on after quitting since last week, 3 people online in my full friendslist. Hilarious bad league this one.
"
Nice League

Current implementation is not fun. Please take proactive measures before the population dies off.

That's how I played it too. It's a 3-month Standard league.
I should also mention that the other big reason I don't generally bother with them is that most of them are unrewarding/pointless. It's just supposed to have a "cool" factor to it, but let's be honest for a second:

Most players are concerned with level progression and currency/gear acquisition above all else. The cool factor is secondary--not the other way around.

I think that's a big part of what drives people away from this league's mechanics/features.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
I think GGG just need to add the ability to delete (not seal) prophecy for free (or for 1 coin).
"
dess2007 wrote:
I think GGG just need to add the ability to delete (not seal) prophecy for free (or for 1 coin).

So you can just sit in town going through prophecies for free till you hit what you want. Ye not boring at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info