[2.6][Assassin] TheAmigoReach! Reach of the Council Insane Poison DPS! -UBER/TWINNED CORE DOWN

"
qwaza wrote:
What do we do till we get gloves with vuln. on hit? Run 2x Curse on hit?

You could use Asenaths Gentle touch, or buy some cheap facebreakers with another curse on hit, for example temp chains
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
"
vaiur wrote:
"
Question:

Does projectile weakness work on the DoT as well?

I know it will increase the initial hit, however will it double dip for the poison/bleed? Has this been tested?

My hunch says no.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1676002/page/41#p13415847

I asked the question in the mechanics Q&A thread, that's the response I received.

Hmm. He is not a GGG member, so he could be wrong tho
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
"
jabberwacky wrote:
How do you sustain charges against bosses without adds?

It can be hard, but the assassin's unstable infusion + barrage really helps with power charges. You can get frenzy charges by using the frenzy skill, preferably with a curse on hit setup, since we can dual curse because we use cospris.
"
TheAmigoBoyz wrote:

His understanding of it is the same as mine though.

While the dot/bleed from a projectile attack comes from a projectile so it inherits and double dips increased projectile damage dealt, the dot is not actually a projectile.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/13724/page/4

^ That's a test with essence drain. Projectile damage increases the degen, but projectile weakness does not.

As well as my anecdotal experience - i just went to merc hillock with a silverbranch, poison gem, slower projectiles (25% more) and split arrow, it took me longer to kill him when i swapped slower projectiles out and used weakness instead.
Hello, first thing i wanted to thank TheAmigoBoyz for this build; I'm trying it and it seems very good; also, thanks to everyone contribuiting to make this even better.

There's only one thing I do not understand in this, so I decided to ask: if Tornado Shot hits with every multiple arrow even a single target, using GMP it should still be better, even with Reach; the bow will "only" add more free damage (and more stack of poison).

Thanks again for your work, keep it up :)
"
Hello, first thing i wanted to thank TheAmigoBoyz for this build; I'm trying it and it seems very good; also, thanks to everyone contribuiting to make this even better.

There's only one thing I do not understand in this, so I decided to ask: if Tornado Shot hits with every multiple arrow even a single target, using GMP it should still be better, even with Reach; the bow will "only" add more free damage (and more stack of poison).

You could use GMP, however the less multiplier will make it reduce the hit, but also reduce the poison damage.

So Damage * 0,86 * 0,10 * 0,86

it's calculated twice because it both decreases initial hit damage, but also the poison damage, so it will reduce the damage too much
"
"
TheAmigoBoyz wrote:

While the dot/bleed from a projectile attack comes from a projectile so it inherits and double dips increased projectile damage dealt, the dot is not actually a projectile.

^ That's a test with essence drain. Projectile damage increases the degen, but projectile weakness does not.

As well as my anecdotal experience - i just went to merc hillock with a silverbranch, poison gem, slower projectiles (25% more) and split arrow, it took me longer to kill him when i swapped slower projectiles out and used weakness instead.

everyone i asked told me Slower proj double dips so it's weird
"
TheAmigoBoyz wrote:
"
"
TheAmigoBoyz wrote:

everyone i asked told me Slower proj double dips so it's weird

Slower proj does, projectile weakness does not.
"
TheAmigoBoyz wrote:
"

You could use GMP, however the less multiplier will make it reduce the hit, but also reduce the poison damage.

So Damage * 0,86 * 0,10 * 0,86

it's calculated twice because it both decreases initial hit damage, but also the poison damage, so it will reduce the damage too much

Thanks so much for the clarification, I will continue to use GMP 'till I get a Reach (using only Opus for now) and poisons, then I will switch. Is that right?
So I am following this build and am curious about something. I leveled to 64 with split arrow same setup as yours because I wanted all 5 projectiles for TS but when I switched I felt tornado shot was slower than 9 projectiles from split arrow which can clear open maps quicker imo. Whats the goal behind TS just the scattering projectiles or what? Does it kill bosses faster?

Edit: or 10-12 projectiles whatever all these extra projectiles are xD
Last edited by Bodarkin on Jun 21, 2016, 7:09:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info