[2.6][Assassin] TheAmigoReach! Reach of the Council Insane Poison DPS! -UBER/TWINNED CORE DOWN

Learn how to make your own builds using Path of Building here!

Since Poison is dead in 3.0, i have a sad message for you guys. I will NOT be continuing this build guide for now. I will still leave the build guide up for nostalgia, and perhaps it might come back in the future.

If you are looking for an up to date poison build, please check out Sacr0's build guide here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2068178

Hello fellow exiles!

I am TheAmigoBoyz, maker of the popular Windripper Build Guide you can find here. I am back with another build, so hope you like it! If you have any questions regarding any of my builds, just contact me ingame @TheAmigoReach!

If you are one of the lucky guys in possesion of insane bow, named Reach of the Council, this might be the build for you!

TheAmigoReach is capable of clearing endgame tier 15 maps, Uber Atziri (Deathless with the right skill) and Endgame Labyrinth. This build is likely even more powerful than my other build, TheAmigoShotz, as this deals physical damage, compared to elemental damage. (Most high tier map monsters have insane resists). The build also serves as a very fast endgame labyrinth farmer. It can do labyrinth in under 7 minutes, with the right gear, and labyrinth layout. The build is able to clear ANY ENDGAME CONTENT Including Twinned Core Map and Uber Atziri Possesed with the "Possesed Foe" prophecy.

Here is what the bow looks like:

The Build

Why is this one of the most OP builds?:

(OUTDATED FOR 2.3) Warning: MATH

This bow, if maxrolled, has around 370 pdps. It also adds 4 projectiles. But wait, projectiles doesn't help for single target? -You're wrong! Tornadoshot can benefit from multiple projectiles, as they can all hit the same target. These Projectiles also benefit skills, such as Barrage, as the more projectiles just will increase the amount of projectiles simuntaniously fired. These 4 projectiles means that we don't need to run GMP with Tornadoshot, making it an effective 7-link bow. The GMP gem you'd normally use, does also have a 24% less damage multiplier at level 20, which this bow doesn't have. This means that if you would use GMP on a 370/0,74=500 pDPS bow, you'd get the same effective dps as this bow has, HOWEVER this bow does also have 1 more gem socket, since you dont run GMP. If we say that a gem normally gives 20% more DPS, this would be a 500*1,2=600 pDPS bow. THat's almost the same as the #1 Mirrored Harbinger on STD league!

What's the downside then? -THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE! The bow however does only have 6% base crit. That is no probem! We will use assassin with 4 powercharges and get 8 base crit. Crit can still be capped with this crit chance (you need a rat's nest or the helm enchant to do it though)! How is this even balanced? -Simple question it's not! THIS IS SO OP THAT IT BLOWS MY MIND!

-Bonus info. This can also be corrupted for +1 arrow, which a harbinger isn't able to. Since this base has no implicit mod, you will be able to vaal it for a +1 to power charge or an additional arrow.
-Bonus Bonus info. This bow also benefits more from added damages as it has a amount of higher attacks per second!

The DPS:

It might contain som math errors, so be free to contact me here on the thread, and i'll try to fix them :)

(The Calculations you see here are with 21/20 gems and a maxed out skilltree at level 100)

First we need the increases:
76% Chaos Dmg from tree + 147 DoT from tree + 70 poison dmg from tree + 100 Proj Dmg from Drillneck + 96 proj dmg from tree + 10 Proj Dmg from Slower proj quality + 10 Proj Dmg from pierce gem quality + 10 Proj Dmg from Barrage quality + 40 dmg from 2 jewels

That equals to:

(76+147+70+100+96+10+10+10+40)+(100 base damage) = 659

Then we have the More Multipliers:

1,25 phys dmg from Vulnerability * 1,33 DoT dmg from Vulnerability * 1,20 from Frenzy Charges * 1,30 from lvl 21 Slower Proj * 1,95 more damage from crits (capped crit chance means not fully 100% more dmg) * 1,20 extra chaos against bleeding enemies * 1,30 from lvl 21 Pierce

Which equals to:

(6,59*1,25*1,33*1,20*1,30*1,95*1,20*1,30)/10 = 5.199132393 of Base hit as chaos damage per second.

If we then want to count single target, we need to multiply it with the duration of our poison, which would be 2,5 seconds. So if we keep attacking at a boss (Such as Iber Izaro, we would be able to reach 5,2*2,5 = 13 Times our tooltip as Damage Per second. (Be Aware that the Barrage Tooltip shows it Per projectile, so you need to calculate barrage Poison degen as: Tooltip * amount of projectiles * 13, which should be well over a million)

Here is a link to google sheets, where you can calculate your own dps! you just have to adjust the numbers according to your skilltree, gear and gems! Google Sheets

Pros and cons:

Pros:
  • Very high clear speed
  • VERY Cost efficient
  • Uber Labyrinth viable
  • Cheap compared to similar builds! -Only needs a Tabula and Deaths Opus to get started!
  • Able to clear the highest tiers of maps
  • Doesn't feel as slow as a phys build with a harbinger, since we have more attacks per second
  • Atziri viable!
  • Phys Damage! -Most mobs have a ton of ele resist, but not so much armour!
  • No lag!
  • Reflect Proof! (except the map mod, and shooting atziri in her reflect phase)
  • Can do all end game content with the right gear! (Uber Lab, Uber Atziri, Twinned Core map, Pale Council)
  • Can clear almost ALL Mapmods -The only one it can't do is phys reflect

Cons:
  • Reflect maps = RIP unless you swap in an Life Leech gem. Then it might be possible (only with Vaal pact).
  • Has between 4-5k life at endgame, which means that facetanking anything isn't ideal xD

Why we don't take iron reflexes
I have now after some testing realised, that Iron reflexes isn't worth it. The wiki states that Armour can NEVER mitigate more than 10% of it's value as incoming damage. This means that even with 15k armour, it will never reduce the hit by more than 1500 damage. That makes it almost useless to me, in my opinion. That's why we instead will spend those two points, on taking Arrow Dancing and Acrobatics instead. That gives us a much better defence against projectiles, yes even our own reflect. Even without iron reflexes we are still Reflect immune, so there isn't really any downsides with it.

I'd recommend taking the Vaal Pact version, as it makes reflect not an issue at all, aswell making us "almost" able to facetank rares and packs, as long as we don't get oneshot, because of our insane instant leech

Note: You always want to take crit before poison nodes. I would recommend leveling by going all the way down the right side of the tree, and after that to the duelist start. You should first begin to take poison and damage over time nodes at level 70-75+. You should also take Unstable Infusion before Toxic Delivery

Here is the upgrade order:

Normal: Unstable Infusion
Cruel: Deadly Infusion
Merciless: Noxious Strike
Uber Lab: Toxic Delivery

The Bandits

Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kraityn
Merciless: Alira

A simple leveling guide:
Leveling Guide
  • Level 1: If you have a Tabula Rasa, i would recommend using it
  • [dbLinkedItem id="10212073047"]
  • Level 32: I recommend picking up a Death's Harp
  • [dbLinkedItem id="10212025938"]
  • Level 36: You can now equip the endgame quiver, Drillneck! At this point i recommend swapping in pierce to your gem setup, and also taking the pierce nodes on the tree.
  • [dbLinkedItem id="10212068531"]
  • Level 44: You can now upgrade your Death's Harp to a Death's Opus. This will carry you all the way to endgame, and i recommend using this until you get the endgame bow. This can also easily clear endgame t10+ maps, so it's a nice budget option
  • [dbLinkedItem id="10212068535"]
  • Level 64: The time has come! You are now high enough level to use the mighty bow, Reach of the Council
  • [dbLinkedItem id="10212068537"]

The Gear breakdown for the different pieces of gear

Helm: Rat's nest is good but probaly not best in slot, as we want more life on our helm. Ideally we would want a rare helm with 90+ life, or a Starkonja's Head enchanted with 60-90% Tornadoshot critical strike chance, or 1-2 additional TornadoShot Projectiles. The additional projectiles are by far the best enchant for clearing, but also the most expensive

Chest: There are many good chestpiece options to use, so i'd recommend trying some of them and using the one you like!
A Cospri's Will is what you ideally want to use in endgame. It allows us to gurrantie poison on hit, since we also are using gloves, corrupted with vulnerability on hit or another curse. You also get the added bonus of dual cursing, which is awesome. Then we can use blasphemy linked with Temporal chains, which stacks well with our maim against poisoned enemies.
If you want to get more survibility you could also use a Kaom's Heart. With this you should be able to reach almost 6k life.

Rings: 1x Rare diamond ring with life, resists and Strenght/Intelligence and Physical damage

1x other Rare ring with the same stats. We don't need two Diamond rings, as we cap our crit chance without them :)

Note: On one of your rings you might want added lightning damage, as it makes our crits shock the enemy, granting us additional 50% MORE damage. The shock duration will be very short though. so it will only really benefit barrage, as it will hit so fast, that it will permashock.

Amulet: Rare amulet with Physical damage, crit multi, Strenght/Intelligence, life and resists

Gloves:Shadows and dust, Winds of Change orfacebreakers! Your main goal for the very late endgame is to corrupt "Curses enemies with lvl # vulnerability on hit" or another curse on hit, which will make out attacks poison, since we also are using Cospri's Will. Vulnerability is however the best curse in this case, as it both benefits our poison degen, but also our initial hit, which also gives a bigger poison.
If you aren't using Cospris, then i'd recommend using Snakebites

Boots: rare boots with res, life, movement speed or you can also use Atziri's step.

Bow: Reach of the Council, of course!

Quiver: Drillneck is by far the option here! A good corruption on it, would be the "Adds an additional arrow"

Belt: Life (as high as possible) and as much resist as possible

Budget Gear

Ideally you want the same gear as above, but because we are on a tight budget, with not too much currency, we change some of the gear to cheaper counterparts :)

Bow: Here we use Death's Opus. Additional projectiles, aswell as decent damage and it multi makes this the ideal choice.

Chest: Tabula Rasa, is the best choice here! We get a free six-link that matches every color combination. The even better part is, that WE CAN STILL POISON! -That's right. Because of our newly replaced gloves, we can still poison while at maximum frenzy charges.

Gloves: Snakebites are the best item, if you can't afford a Cospri's will. It gives us poison, aswell as some very awesome extra life, aswell as extra attackspeed and accuracy while having frenzy charges up. Since we are not using Cospri's Will, the curse-on-hit corruption is NOT REQUIRED to make the build work!

Belt: If you have a hard time finding a nice resist belt, you should try out Doriyani's invitation (the physical version) -It gives us alot of resistance aswell as damage and leech!

Flasks:
I'd recommend using two life flasks, and 1 Quicksilver flask. f you have enough currency i'd recommend using a Taste of Hate aswell as it gives alot of mitigation aswell as damage. The 5th flask is whatever you like. Atziri's promise or Granite flasks are also nice to have.
If you can afford it i would HIGHLY recommend getting Sin's Rebirth -It's just insane!
Here's my flask setup:

Jewels:
You mainly want to focus on getting as much life on jewels as possible. This is also where you potentially can sort out your resist problems, as we are using many uniques which doesnt grant us elemental resists. Stats to look out for, could also be Projectile damage, Crit Multiplier, Physical damage, Attack speed with Bows, Damage over Time and Chaos Damage

This is what i use:

Enchantments to look out for:

Helmet:
  • 1-2 Additional Tornado Shot Projectiles -This is the recommended one for Map clearing
  • 1-2 Additional Barrage Projectiles -This is the recommended one for singletarget
  • 60-90% Increased Tornadoshot Critical Strike Chance
  • 25-40% increased Tornado Shot Damage
  • 25-40% increased Barrage Damage

Gloves:
  • We don't need any gloves enchants, as we rather want a Curse on Hit corruption on our facebreakers. However if you aren't using Cospri's will and instead using snakebites, then i'd recommend getting a "cast ## on hit"-enhant

Boots:
  • 16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently
  • 0.6% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently
  • 10% increased Movement Speed if you haven't been Hit Recently

The Main Attack:

Main attack: Tornadoshot - Pierce - Added Chaos Damage - Increased Critical Strikes - Slower Projectiles - Void Manipulation.

The Single target attack:

Single Target attack: Barrage - Pierce - Added Chaos - Increased Critical Strikes - Slower Projectiles - Void Manipulation.
This setup is extremely good for applying many stacks of poison, cause each barrage hits 9 times. With vulnerability on hit gloves, the first hit also curses the enemy, leading to all the other 8 hits always poisoning the enemy.

or

Curse on Hit for single target: Frenzy - Curse on hit - Projectile weakness - Power Charge on Crit (we can dual curse because of our glove corruption and projectile weakness as our Cospri's Will grants us +1 to maximum amount of curses)

The Auras:

Auras for easier charge generation: Grace - Herald of Ice - Curse on Hit - Assassin's mark

or

Auras for easier dual cursing: Grace - Blasphemy - Curse of your choice - (Enlighten)

or

Auras for easier resists: Grace - Purity of ### - (enlighten)

Other Gem links

Cast when damage taken setup: Cast when Damage Taken - Increased Duration - Immortal Call - Vaal Haste (Cast when damage taken really helps against many hits at the same time, Porcupines, as an example)

Movement skill + buff + Golem: Blink arrow - Faster Projectiles - Blood Rage - Ice Golem

You will have to either choose to have both a Main Attack and a Single target attack or a Main Attack and a Curse on hit Skill. I would recommend going with Main attack + Curse on hit setup. We can always swap in our Barrage gem instead of Tornadoshot, since they are using the same gem links

My current gear:

If you wanna check my character, you can see it here

If the pictures are too small, try and right click, then press "view in new page"
2.3 Screenshots

Defensive

Here is a link to google sheets, where you can calculate your own dps! you just have to adjust the numbers according to your skilltree, gear and gems! Google Sheets

-I would recommend saving the sheet on your own PC, cause then you will be able to edit your own numbeers :)

Videos

Twinned Core Map with enfeeble -this fight is really insane, and it's really hard not to get oneshot :)

Plateau t10 Map only using 5-links -Special thanks to Vaiur for the Video!

TheAmigoReach 1 minute Pale Council Run

8 minute Triple Cursed Uber Lab Run

Deathless Atziri Run

t14 Deathless Palace Map Clear (-max resist)

t14 Vaal oversoul with scary map mods (i was cursed with Ele weakness, Temp chains, and vulnerability in bossfight)

High tier maps with just a 4-linked Death's Opus (the other gear is still good, so your dps might not be the same as shown in the video if playing the budget version, but it should still be good)

Uber Atziri run, got pretty lucky with drops :)
More will be added later ;)

Credits:
Special thanks to:
Vauir for creating the awesome headers!
McMD90 for pointing out that Added Chaos is alot better than PPAD in our tornadoshot setup!
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
Last edited by TheAmigoBoyz on Jan 15, 2018, 4:01:20 AM
Last bumped on Apr 3, 2018, 3:03:16 PM
Reserved <3
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
Would it be good/possible to use a drillneck with +1 arrow in this build?

edit: Also I'm a huge fan of your windripper build :)
Last edited by Krisse on Jun 8, 2016, 1:53:34 AM
We run very similar builds. I was lucky to get this
on my first council run. I find myself in need of more survivability as the damage as more than insane even at level 68 so I have invested in extra flask node and considering even one more. Flasks are insanely important to keep the pace going. I profoundly disagree skipping the 2 point frenzy charge node close to the power charge node. I have some respecs to do to get back a few points on the lower part of my skilltree but I ran out of regrets while trying things out :P

Oh, and I use drillneck with piercenodes + pierce gem. I might swap to yellow quiver if I find a good one
"
arknath wrote:
We run very similar builds. I was lucky to get this
on my first council run. I find myself in need of more survivability as the damage as more than insane even at level 68 so I have invested in extra flask node and considering even one more. Flasks are insanely important to keep the pace going. I profoundly disagree skipping the 2 point frenzy charge node close to the power charge node. I have some respecs to do to get back a few points on the lower part of my skilltree but I ran out of regrets while trying things out :P

Oh, and I use drillneck with piercenodes + pierce gem. I might swap to yellow quiver if I find a good one

yep i do that aswell :) updated tree now
Just a warning about using TS vs Atziri: You will kill yourself during the split phase, since the arrows spray everywhere. You're going to need a different skill for single target, or find another way around this.

When I did Atziri with a tornado shot build last league, I used a 4L Blast Rain setup to kill the split phase. Just something to consider.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by TheMothLord on Jun 8, 2016, 7:20:29 PM
Interesting build so far. I just recently found a Cospri's Will chest and was wondering your thought and idea of going chaos/physical damage on your build?

I would really love to hear your thoughts and possibly a chaos version of your build centered around the bow and Cospri's chest.

Thanks in advance!
"
buckwildg wrote:
Interesting build so far. I just recently found a Cospri's Will chest and was wondering your thought and idea of going chaos/physical damage on your build?

I would really love to hear your thoughts and possibly a chaos version of your build centered around the bow and Cospri's chest.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, cospris would actually be super good for this build once you get to endgame cause there are some requirements for it to work. First you need vulnerability on hit gloves, as they give increased phys dmg aswell as damage over time. Secondly you aslo need 8 ascendancy points. Cause you will need to get the 100% more poison damage from critical strikes for it to be effective
Hey Amigo,

Any idea when gem-links and ascendency points will be ready? :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info