[3.6] [HC-SC] [10 Blades] Tankster Crit BV MoM Fake Poison Build [Damage from 1,5 mi DPS]

"
Waoooo wrote:
I don't completely understand how dagger scaling works with BV damage and herald of ash. So whether the dagger gives 250pdps or 70pdps doesn't matter. Is that true? If it is then what is the 15% physical damage scaling from herald of ash based off of?

Yes, it does not matter. The only way to increases the physical spells using dagger is with flat elemental damage to spells and/or spell damage in dagger (as is the case Divinarius). Herald of Ash work with this build and scale with your generic physical damage (in the passive tree) and spell damage.
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Oct 10, 2016, 9:59:32 PM
"
"
Waoooo wrote:
I don't completely understand how dagger scaling works with BV damage and herald of ash. So whether the dagger gives 250pdps or 70pdps doesn't matter. Is that true? If it is then what is the 15% physical damage scaling from herald of ash based off of?

Yes, it does not matter. The only way to increases the physical spells using dagger is with flat elemental damage to spells and/or spell damage in dagger (as is the case Divinarius). Herald of Ash work with this build and scale with your generic physical damage (in the passive tree) and spell damage.

I see thanks for the clarification. Since herald of ash doesn't work with flat local physical damage would u say that herald of thunder or herald of ice is better? I'm not too familiar with the calculations.
"
Waoooo wrote:
I see thanks for the clarification. Since herald of ash doesn't work with flat local physical damage would u say that herald of thunder or herald of ice is better? I'm not too familiar with the calculations.

This case Herald of Ash is better. 15% of BV damage will be applied all generic physical damage, elemental damage and spell damage to increases this 15%, no penalty to damage effectiveness. Herald of Ice and Thunder has a flat elemental damage, but this only will be used 30% of total of damage, because that BV has 30% of damage effectiveness. The generic physical damage dont work with Herald of Ice or Thunder.

Then for example:

Level 20 BV average damage = 220
Herald of Ash = 220 * 0,15 = 33
33 * (1 + spell damage + physical damage + elemental/fire damage + AoE) = new value

Level 20 Herald of Ice average damage = 47
47 * 0,3 = 14,1
14,1 * (1 + spell damage + elemental/cold damage + AoE) = new value

Level 20 Herald of Thunder average damage = 47,5
47 * 0,3 = 14,25
14,25 * (1 + spell damage + elemental/lightning damage + AoE) = new value
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Oct 10, 2016, 10:41:47 PM
"
"
Waoooo wrote:

This case Herald of Ash is better. 15% of BV damage will be applied all generic physical damage, elemental damage and spell damage to increases this 15%, no penalty to damage effectiveness. Herald of Ice and Thunder has a flat elemental damage, but this only will be used 30% of total of damage, because that BV has 30% of damage effectiveness. The generic physical damage dont work with Herald of Ice or Thunder.

Then for example:

Level 20 BV average damage = 220
Herald of Ash = 220 * 0,15 = 33
33 * (1 + spell damage + physical damage + elemental/fire damage + AoE) = new value

Level 20 Herald of Ice average damage = 47
47 * 0,3 = 14,1
14,1 * (1 + spell damage + elemental/cold damage + AoE) = new value

Level 20 Herald of Thunder average damage = 47,5
47 * 0,3 = 14,25
14,25 * (1 + spell damage + elemental/lightning damage + AoE) = new value

Thanks a lot for ur suggestions. I will post back my results when I fully switch up my setup. So far though the build is working great for everything but the shaper. Uber atziri is a bit slow but doable.

One last question: what 4link setup would u use with rallying cry?
Last edited by Waoooo on Oct 10, 2016, 11:29:35 PM
"
Waoooo wrote:
Thanks a lot for ur suggestions. I will post back my results when I fully switch up my setup. So far though the build is working great for everything but the shaper. Uber atziri is a bit slow but doable.

One last question: what 4link setup would u use with rallying cry?

You're welcome. Just a small correction: Herald of Thunder and Ice not is affected by spell damage nodes, I had forgotten that. So Herald of Ash is better still.

I think the cheap modification you can do is to respec your passive tree for which I suggested earlier. You'll gain 100% of increased damage (spell + physical damage) + cast speed, losing a little of skill effect duration + AoE nodes.

Then you can change your set with Tempest shield + Vengeance by a self cast Orb of Storms + PCOC + Increased duration + critical chance to generate power charges easily, works well in bosses.

Can use Rallying Cry + increased duration + increased AoE. I dont know of other gem to use with 4L.

If all else fails you can go for more aggressive measures such as those discussed (better dagger, etc.).

As you get very good jewels, you can respec the passive tree again and get something:

Full passive tree example
Guides made by me:
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Oct 11, 2016, 7:12:03 AM
Hi. First thanks for great build. Second what gem i need ass 6th link with Cospri's Will?
Now setup its BV+Void Manipul+add chaos+Spell echo+Conc Effect/Control destrution. Crit chance/multiple or aoe gem?
Hey, been following the build so far and it works neat, level 65 atm but... I seem to do much more damage with added fire rather than with poison support (BV+echo+cont.dstr+inc aoe+added fire / +hatred).
Does poison get better in time/with gem levels/skill duration? Even with quite a few stacks of poison life of bosses doesnt seem to move when I stop damaging them directly...
Am I doing something wrong?
"
AncorTm wrote:
Hi. First thanks for great build. Second what gem i need ass 6th link with Cospri's Will?
Now setup its BV+Void Manipul+add chaos+Spell echo+Conc Effect/Control destrution. Crit chance/multiple or aoe gem?

If you do not have a red socket, use critical chance. :)

"
benjiwoosh wrote:
Hey, been following the build so far and it works neat, level 65 atm but... I seem to do much more damage with added fire rather than with poison support (BV+echo+cont.dstr+inc aoe+added fire / +hatred).
Does poison get better in time/with gem levels/skill duration? Even with quite a few stacks of poison life of bosses doesnt seem to move when I stop damaging them directly...
Am I doing something wrong?

This build is more focused on damage caused by poison, so the dps tooltip does not seem too high and not give that feeling of destruction as other BV builds have. Because of that some people who tested this build on the limitt felt that the life leech is a little weak against bosses. On the other hand the enemies "melts" too fast with this build.

Ignite stack only 1 time (except if you use Emberwake - if you want to do the test, and tell us if it works and if it's good) while poison has no limit. Potentially this build can have millions of dps with poison stacks and optimized gear.

Chris has said on a podcast they intend that chaos damage is a special type of damage, so it would have some advantages against elemental damage, like 25% of chaos resistances to bosses or unique mobs, no especific resistance mods to chaos damage in maps, etc.
Guides made by me:
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Oct 11, 2016, 7:49:26 AM
I still think that
+
still better than heralds, especially, while we are focused on poison..

But it can be an option with hexproof enemies, sure :)
Then, it must be Arctic Armour (I'm not using it usually) + Herald of Ash.
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Last edited by SilverWF on Oct 11, 2016, 1:45:47 PM
I tested this build with life leech support gem and herald of ash. The other change I made was with Vaal pact.

This is my passive tree http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDHwQHBLMFQgceCPQOSBEtES8RlhXtFr8c3CL0JpUo-ioLLJwxnjLRNZI2PTpYOuE9X0GHQZZFR0WdSVFMs03jUlNTUlS9VUtVxlxAXfJh4mKsakNqjGwLbIxtGXBSdf18g3_GgseD24RvidOMNo8aj_qTJ5UulouXlZf0muCdqqIAotmmV66zsNi1SLc-uJO86sBUwGbIFND11ELVudi962Pr7uv18B_w1fId8kX1b_no_gr-j9n8h8unm3WezxUbyM_d8YpknRg8vScYVg-rJIvDOio4tfJuqkrIPydfmFltzzI8Be98

I tested this new setup on t16s, and uber lab. For T16 I can face tank every boss as long as I don't get one shot by their very heavy hits. It's not really a problem because they are easily avoidable. I had trouble on a pit of the chimera map with -cursed by vulnerability, -unique boss does 35% more damage, -40% physical damage mitigation. I was able to facetank the boss but I died to his cloud phase a total of 3 times. That was the only problem I encountered which I don't think can be solved by altering anything. As for uber izaro, I was able to take his heavy slam mace into the ground hit and leech to full life instantly on today's labyrinth layout. The only time I get 1 shot by his very heavy hits is with charged disruptors + gargoyles.

Another thing I did was switch out for a slightly better dagger

I think the increased attack speed is very important for dodging very heavy boss hits with whirling blades. Makes it so much easier.

I think life leech + vaal pact is really good for this build and makes it shaper viable. I also think vaal pact makes uber atziri easy. This build could already do uber atziri, it was just the 2 bosses that makes it difficult but with vaal pact i don't think that'll be a problem.

I think I will switch my vaal haste + flame dash + inc duration for ur orb of storms + pcoc + inc duration + crit chance for power charge generation.

If I still cannot complete the shaper I will add vessel of vinktar into my setup. So far I have high hopes for these changes. I will do another shaper run tomorrow and see how it goes. I will also do another uber atziri run when I have the currency to buy a mortal set.

With vaal pact, I think this build will be able to do up to t15 reflect and massive damage modifying maps. I will test this as well
Last edited by Waoooo on Oct 13, 2016, 2:49:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info