[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
falagar112 wrote:

How about using a +1 curse neck with over 50 int + a rare ring with 50+ int?
Would make sorting resists a lot easier.

You can inspect my character to see what I mean - allowed me to spec out of diamond skin nodes and pick up more dps nodes.

That's a possibility, although you want more than that on the amulet. But vaaling 100 good amulets (with average luck) to get about the same as 1 Astramentis plus maybe some small bonus... Wouldn't just buying Astramentis for 1-2 ex be cheaper?

I don't know?
I paid 50c for that neck, and between the neck and ring, it's basically giving me the same amount of INT + some resists that allow me to spec out of diamond skin. Also gives some more ES (crafting ES% on ring)

Unfortunately I wish it was 100 necks on average, but it is actually .67% chance :D
There are some half decent INT +1 necks for sale for around the same price, if not less than an astramentis.

I agree when the league is early, or your budget is limited - an astramentis + doedre is a little easier to get your hands upon.
"
falagar112 wrote:
Also gives some more ES (crafting ES% on ring)

You know the price of that, right? :)

Getting a decent +1 curse amu for 50c is just a random thing that you can't really count on. Early in a new league that's the price of Astra too.

If you can find a good amu with +1 curse and a good ring, for cheaper than Astra - sure, that's an option. But that's a bit too random and unreliable. For example, right now there are none for sale, and we are almost 1 month into the league and the market is as saturated as it gets.

But making the amu yourself - forget it. Too much luck required.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 29, 2016, 4:21:02 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
falagar112 wrote:
Also gives some more ES (crafting ES% on ring)

You know the price of that, right? :)

Getting a decent +1 curse amu for 50c is just a random thing that you can't really count on. Early in a new league that's the price of Astra too.

If you can find a good amu with +1 curse and a good ring, for cheaper than Astra - sure, that's an option. But that's a bit too random and unreliable. For example, right now there are none for sale, and we are almost 1 month into the league and the market is as saturated as it gets.

But making the amu yourself - forget it. Too much luck required.

Haha yes, very well aware of the price :D

Honestly, even with ES+INT gear being really expensive this league - the total cost of this build is fairly low - no 6 link needed alone saves you a lot of exalteds. Might as well spend that saved currency on other things instead!

Can't think of any other uniques that might do the build good. Skyforths are bad (no int) shavronne's are an option but kinda not worth it either (no int, low life=a bit to low ES with the current build) - can't think of anything else to upgrade.

Agreed I got lucky with the price, there was a 60 int+23% spelldmg+18% es neck for sale at 6 ex, I think for that quality neck it is the price you can expect - making astramentis dirt cheap in comparison.
"
SiegfriedXX wrote:
Ok, maybe someone can beat the numbers

WI AVG damage in HO without any buffs, Increase Area 6 socket: 6.5k
WI AVG damage in Battle with Concentraded (Max DPS alone without more aura buffs): 13.3k
WI duration: 6.89 Seconds

= maximal DPS is 31kk+ (if all proj. hits vs Atziri), normal mops take 25% of that dps

ES: 14k
Leech: 5%
Max Resis
Lvl: 95

I never saw anyone else with that stats ingame without lost in ES, dps (becouse duration is also important) and so on.

Gear cost: 1500ex+

would you mind showing us the tree and gear? I assume we're talking about standard with legacy perandus rings and so on? whats your casts per second?
"
Black_Gun wrote:

about the cwc calculations: since berserker gets very little cast speed by default, I believe that cwc is the way to go for berserker. that, however, means that the free and permanent mana leech of his ascendancy loses some of its appeal.

the base calculations for cwc are as follows: we replace spell echo (a 10% less multiplier) with cwc (a 10% more multiplier) and replace our weakest damage support with scorching ray. so this amounts to 1.1/0.9 = 1.2222 or the equivalent of a 22% more multiplier, minus whatever we lose by the damage support that makes place for SR. on berserker, we can only achieve some 0.37s (standard tree) to 0.35s (slight investment into cast speed nodes) cast time. hence, the 0.35s intervals of cwc are at least as good as selfcast in this respect. so assuming that controlled destruction is the weakest damage support, this leaves the cwc berserker with 1.22/1.45 = 0.84 or the equivalent of a 16% less damage multiplier against trash. the damage from scorching ray itself plus the additional penetration it offers should, however, more than make up for those 16% lost when it comes to rares or bosses. nonetheless, I think that even on berserker, SR + CWC is not that far above selfcast.

did you include in your calculations that the spell repeats 1 more time with spell echo? that means the dmg is pretty much doubled with spell echo since all ice storms overlap or not??
"
Inos wrote:
"
Black_Gun wrote:

about the cwc calculations: since berserker gets very little cast speed by default, I believe that cwc is the way to go for berserker. that, however, means that the free and permanent mana leech of his ascendancy loses some of its appeal.

the base calculations for cwc are as follows: we replace spell echo (a 10% less multiplier) with cwc (a 10% more multiplier) and replace our weakest damage support with scorching ray. so this amounts to 1.1/0.9 = 1.2222 or the equivalent of a 22% more multiplier, minus whatever we lose by the damage support that makes place for SR. on berserker, we can only achieve some 0.37s (standard tree) to 0.35s (slight investment into cast speed nodes) cast time. hence, the 0.35s intervals of cwc are at least as good as selfcast in this respect. so assuming that controlled destruction is the weakest damage support, this leaves the cwc berserker with 1.22/1.45 = 0.84 or the equivalent of a 16% less damage multiplier against trash. the damage from scorching ray itself plus the additional penetration it offers should, however, more than make up for those 16% lost when it comes to rares or bosses. nonetheless, I think that even on berserker, SR + CWC is not that far above selfcast.

did you include in your calculations that the spell repeats 1 more time with spell echo? that means the dmg is pretty much doubled with spell echo since all ice storms overlap or not??

thats not how it works: if you are using spell echo and the tooltip shows a cast time of 0.35s, this means that right-clicking once leads to two icestorms being cast, with each cast taking 0.35s, for a total cast time of 0.70s. the math for spell echo is simple: 70% more cast speed, 10% less damage, for 1.7*0.9 = 1.53, or a 53% more damage per second multiplier, if you will. so it is one of the strongest damage multipliers for selfcast builds, but it doesnt come close to doubling the damage.

-------------

important info for everyone playing this build:

both mathil and nugi started playing builds based on "hands of wisdom and action" (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hand_of_Wisdom_and_Action). at first glance, those buils seem to be totally overpowered and are already getting meta. (explanation: when dual wielding those puppies with 1500 int, this means having two weapons with 300-1800 lightning damage each, or 1680 ele dps, per claw ofc......)

this means that int gear will increase in popularity, including the unique gems (emperors mastery & emperors wit, conversion gems), astramentis and black sun. moreover, it means that WED is now a desirable stat on int crystal belts, so when you roll belts for your curse whisperer, you might run across one that might not be for us, but still sell for a decent price or even for more than any WI belt could ever cost.
Last edited by Black_Gun on Dec 29, 2016, 10:40:36 PM
While the build may be HC viable I'm starting to question if it can be done as a starter with HC prices. Gear in the 30-50 range with int rolls and mediocre ES rolls start at 1-2 chaos and go up when you add resistances. Astra is 85c as well so if I take off the Icetomb anything that requires strength is done for lol(I did manage to get a neck with 43 total str, 73 total int, and 54 dex to cover a bit). I'm at 52 and looking to get the merci push gear in place in the leveling guide. I may just have to beg for people to take on bosses for me from here on until I can spend the rest of my days praying for drops in dried lake until I can buy stuff.

I have about 30 chaos and wanted to save for astra but it looks like I might have to dump 10-20 just to get to get to dried lake. Having a blast with the build though and managed to get my staff to 5s with a couple of jewelers.

EDIT: some of this may have to do with the post above me lol....
Last edited by Syche22 on Dec 29, 2016, 10:47:35 PM
550es chests with int are still only like 2-3c.
yeah, I have been wondering for several days why items like a corrupted 20/20 ele focus gem or 24 int fertile minds have gone up in price... another "int stacking build" becoming meta obviously fucks with the prices for "our" gear. :-/
Well if that's the case then just like when the mathil axe build made me stop leveling my cycloner because of prices now I get to stop another character to the same thing. Guess I'm going fireblast or something else horribly boring until I can come back to this. Hopefully before the end of the league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info